Invisibility takes you off the radar (edited)

Edit: after playing the preview i found out motion sensor works differently in Infinite. You dont appear on the radar unless youre sprinting or shooting whether or not camo is active. So therefore im satisfied with how camo works in this game

In a new multiplayer leak it shows someone using an invisibility powerup and their radar blip disappears even when moving.

The only other Halo that does this is Halo 5, and its a bad idea. Invisibility is enough of a powerup by itself, taking you off the radar as well makes it too powerful, and i dont like it. It wasnt good in Halo 5 and its not gonna be good here.

This isnt something we should let slip. Its proof thst 343 doesnt know where they messed up and thats a bad sign

No that’s just a personal opinion. As a matter of fact I think that’s a good change IMO. I love it when the power ups are more powerful like that

I prefer that it takes you off the radar. If you still show up, it doesn’t offer much benefit against competent opponents because you are either showing up on their radar, or you are moving too slow to make any relevant plays before it runs out

> 2533274794684102;3:
> I prefer that it takes you off the radar. If you still show up, it doesn’t offer much benefit against competent opponents because you are either showing up on their radar, or you are moving too slow to make any relevant plays before it runs out

If you get invisibilty in Halo 3 youre pretty much guaranteed a first shot, which is already a big advantage. Especially with power weapons such as shotgun, sniper, rockets

> 2535454320229026;2:
> No that’s just a personal opinion. As a matter of fact I think that’s a good change IMO. I love it when the power ups are more powerful like that

This makes invisibility much more effective than it needs to be. You can disagree, but be wary and be careful what you wish for

> 2533274833683233;4:
> > 2533274794684102;3:
> > I prefer that it takes you off the radar. If you still show up, it doesn’t offer much benefit against competent opponents because you are either showing up on their radar, or you are moving too slow to make any relevant plays before it runs out
>
> If you get invisibilty in Halo 3 youre pretty much guaranteed a first shot, which is already a big advantage. Especially with power weapons such as shotgun, sniper, rockets
>
>
>
>
> > 2535454320229026;2:
> > No that’s just a personal opinion. As a matter of fact I think that’s a good change IMO. I love it when the power ups are more powerful like that
>
> This makes invisibility much more effective than it needs to be. You can disagree, but be wary and be careful what you wish for

I can’t disagree with the ‘having the first shot part’, especially when mid-rang fights are happening.

I like it how it is in the series, when active you just get multiple radar blips of possible locations forcing the player to be cautious and you having the ability of ambushing them.

I find it logical to take it off the radar. Otherwise, in Halo 3, the invisibility create false signature on the radar, like a jammer. It could work if the invisibility was totall, even when we run

Yeah i prefer it takes u off the radar as well power ups should be power ups and you can only get them a handful of times in a match anyways.

I love how it behaves in Halo 5, and I’ll love it more in Infinite. What’s the problem with this?

I don’t play Halo 5 so I have no idea how I feel about it yet. A lot of what both sides here are saying makes sense to me. But as long as it doesn’t break the game I don’t really care.

Seems a little OP imo
Should have just stuck with crouching if you wanna stay off radar

> 2535436152010337;7:
> I find it logical to take it off the radar. Otherwise, in Halo 3, the invisibility create false signature on the radar, like a jammer. It could work if the invisibility was totall, even when we run

That doesnt happen in 3, the radar functions the same as it would if you didnt have invisibility. What gives it an edge is halo 3 doesnt show you whether theyre above or below you on the radar, you must have a keen eye to spot an invisible spartan

The jammer mechanic is in Reach and 4 when using the active camo armor ability. The problem with this mechanic is it also covers your allies radar, becoming a double-edged sword. Also, the invisible person is always located in the middle of the jammers fog, so if anything it lets people know youre nearby and to seek you out. This can be a good thing if you’re attempting an ambush

The jammer system is still better than not being on the radar at all, but if i were to give a suggestion id say at least mask the radar blip while invisible to look like a team color (yellow) or a non team object (grey) but i would prefer the Halo 3 system over both of those options

I prefer halo 5’s approach. I believe you still show but the dot is white/light blue so it’s harder to notice, may be wrong about that though. But whether it’s a lighter dot or no dot it’s still my preferred way to handle active camo.

> 2533274796080930;13:
> I prefer halo 5’s approach. I believe you still show but the dot is white/light blue so it’s harder to notice, may be wrong about that though. But whether it’s a lighter dot or no dot it’s still my preferred way to handle active camo.

It’s blue on your radar and teammates radar, but not on enemies at all

> 2535454320229026;2:
> No that’s just a personal opinion. As a matter of fact I think that’s a good change IMO. I love it when the power ups are more powerful like that

> 2533274794684102;3:
> I prefer that it takes you off the radar. If you still show up, it doesn’t offer much benefit against competent opponents because you are either showing up on their radar, or you are moving too slow to make any relevant plays before it runs out

I agree with these two. Back in the old days it was good, but now you need to be able to do as much damage before it runs out as possible. I kinda like the idea. You become more visible the faster you move anyways. If I didn’t see you coming, I deserve to get smoked.

The whole purpose of the power up is to hide you. Bungie is the one that made bad invisibility power ups because they either need you to move slow as hell to not show up, or they never remove your radar blip. This is how it should have been SINCE THE FIRST GAME