Invasion Remains Broken

A couple months ago, 343 added some maps to the Invasion playlist and polished up a some flaws. It was very refreshing seeing changes being made to a seemingly abandoned gametype. Unfortunately, there’s still one major issue that has always caused the most problems and that’s the banshee.

For those who are unfamiliar with Invasion, here’s a quick summary. Spartans and Elites battle each other over three objectives that must be captured in succession by one team and defended by the other. When one is conquered, time is added, both teams are given new/stronger loadouts, and the playing field is expanded (new spawns as well). The first two objectives involving standing in a zone for a certain amount of time while the last involves carrying an object from point A to point B.

My issue lies in objective 3 where the banshee spawns for Elites. In the hands of the Elites, the banshee is powerful as usual, but limited since it can easily be taken down (snipers, laser, scorpion). In the hands of Spartans, however, the banshee is unstoppable. The only two weapons that can really harm it are a plasma launcher or EMP charge which prove ineffective in making contact with such an agile target. A lack of offense and armor lock leaves the Elites totally inferior.

The argument against this is that a player controlling an Elite should make sure that the banshee is kept from Spartan hands by all means necessary, but then how come the Scorpion spawns behind a barrier which blocks Elites from entry? It’s not not nearly as difficult to destroy and is actually less effective than the banshee in the grand scheme of things.

I hope 343 fixes this problem eventually. I’m tired of quitting games and being temporarily banned. Playing a couple games of Invasion will make my point very clear.

First, no that nothing will be done to help Reach out for anything.

To me its not so much a problem about the Banshee as it is about ALL the Spartan weapons spawning safely behind shield doors. This still doesn’t make since.

Weapons should not be off limits to either team.

Also in just about every game I go into as a random there will be some smart -Yoink- Spartan hiding for the Banshee (me).

If it was easier for a crafty Elite to sneak into the base and still the Laser then that might get limited.

Also to get into the tank, or other spawns behind shield doors, get a buddy driving the Ghost, Wraith, or Revy. Stand on top of it and have them boost you into the door. Evade in. On Boneyard, this will only work if the Scorpion is there and you have to hold x right as you evade to get into it.

There should be nothing to do to fix this problem. This problem won’t be solved because its pointless. The Banshee is on the map for reasons on Invasion. It is a powerful vehicle but the UNSC Falcon can tear the Banshee to shreads regardless on who is the player whether its a Spartan or an Elite who ever gets the Banshee will defenetly use it on the enemy team. You should be more concerned about the Banshee in the hands of players that know how to fly it. Those that know how to fly it and are experts at flying a Banshee will be the one to be concerned with. Why? Because they will spawn kill you in Invasion. They will also get rid of all vehicles on the ground that are a threat to the Banshee this include the Falcon. However the Banshee can not destroy vehicles that are in buildings but there is a glitch in Invasion for the enemy team to get inside the building by pushing their ally inside the building and grabbing the tank.

For people who play Invasion be on the look out for people that spawn kill. People that know and will spawn kill you throughout the entire game. You look for on how they act like where will they go. An entire team will spawn kill one group and kill the rest. Invasion does have some spots where there is a spawn kill area where people do this. Take Boneyard for example: Elites spawn on the very far left of the map. They are the most targeted players for spawn killing.

To find out what the enemy team is doing look for people that will go for those who are vulnerable. If they come down or walk toward your spawn area, that’s a sign they are spawn campers and they will spawn kill you throughout the game. These guys only care about K/D which is cowardly. These people play only for this not for fun like the most of us.

As for the Banshee discussion this is a big problem in Spire. It depends on which team gets it. Spartans will very likely get their hands on it because they know it’s a threat. For Elites its perfect for them to take down Spartans so they don’t get the core. However who ever gets the Banshee regardless on what team you’re on, you will get spawn killed. Spire is one of these maps that is very common for Spawn killing. If you see a Spartan going for the Banshee, you kill him right away. If you find out he is hiding, scout the area and find out where he is and kill him. Go with a partner to take them out do not go alone. If they have anti air vehicles get the Sticky Launcher. It’s perfect for taking down the vehicles right away. Sniper will also work on taking down a Banshee.

There is nothing you can do to get rid of the Banshee on the map. If you get rid of it it also means the Falcon has to go as well. So basically it’s pointless. Just take my advice and keep an eye out for spawn killers in Invasion. Right now Invasion is a big problem with spawn killers. Its becoming very common.

Oh good lord don’t get me started on this…
I HATE THIS SO FRIGGIN MUCH
It is extremely game-breaking and it pisses me off the most.
I don’t like vehicles in general, but the banshee is made for noobs. It takes just about no skill to banshee bomb someone and flip up. I hate noobs who do it and wish there was a votekick function to kick the (censored’s) (censored) from the game.
I wish it would be deleted from the game mode, but I figure putting it in a shielded door would make the most sense. That and putting anti-air weapons outside of the shield doors.

> There should be nothing to do to fix this problem.
> There is nothing you can do to get rid of the Banshee on the map. If you get rid of it it also means the Falcon has to go as well. So basically it’s pointless. Just take my advice and keep an eye out for spawn killers in Invasion. Right now Invasion is a big problem with spawn killers. Its becoming very common.

I didn’t propose the banshee get removed entirely. Additionally, I think you ignored a lot of the things I said. Every single method you mention for destroying the banshee is limited to Spartans only. Also, explaining that the falcon, a vehicle that only spawns for Spartans, can also destroy the banshee only further proves my point (and not by a lot since you need two people to operate it). My argument is that the banshee is too powerful in the hands of Spartans because Elites have nothing to combat or defend against it.

> Also to get into the tank, or other spawns behind shield doors, get a buddy driving the Ghost, Wraith, or Revy. Stand on top of it and have them boost you into the door. Evade in. On Boneyard, this will only work if the Scorpion is there and you have to hold x right as you evade to get into it.

If players have to glitch their way into having a fair advantage in a gametype, there’s something wrong with the gametype.

> > There should be nothing to do to fix this problem.
> > There is nothing you can do to get rid of the Banshee on the map. If you get rid of it it also means the Falcon has to go as well. So basically it’s pointless. Just take my advice and keep an eye out for spawn killers in Invasion. Right now Invasion is a big problem with spawn killers. Its becoming very common.
>
> I didn’t propose the banshee get removed entirely. Additionally, I think you ignored a lot of the things I said. Every single method you mention for destroying the banshee is limited to Spartans only. Also, explaining that the falcon, a vehicle that only spawns for Spartans, can also destroy the banshee only further proves my point (and not by a lot since you need two people to operate it). My argument is that the banshee is too powerful in the hands of Spartans because Elites have nothing to combat or defend against it.

I didn’t ignore I am stating the fact since I played the map alot of times since people vote for it other than the Forge maps and Boneyard. However it doesn’t matter which team you’re on. Anyone can get their hands on it. Not just Elites, Spartans as well. Elites can very much get their hands on the Falcon. All they do in order to get it is kill the players that are spawning near the Falcon and Warthog. Once that’s done their team mate if that team mate dies, they spawn on the Banshee team mate and they take the Falcon. Its a clever way on one team to get their hands on both vehicles. They also can grab the power weapons which are the Rocket Launcher and the Sniper Rifle. In Spire I have seen teams do this no matter if you’re ither a Spartan or an Elite. Bad thing though is Spartans will get the Banshee and it’s game over for you. In order to avoid this if they get their hands on the Banshee is to stay inside the Spire and do not go out. Grab the Fuel Rod on your way up and stay inside. Once the Spartans get their hands on that Banshee it’s a good time to get the hell out of your spawn area and run to the top and guard the core. The Spartans then have no choice but to come inside. Its the same with Boneyard however Spartans rarely get the Banshee and Wraith. Spire is the worst when it comes to this. There is no way to remove the Banshee on the map unless you make your own via Forge.

I know some people don’t like the Banshee being a very bad spawn killing machine but the Falcon is one as well. It doesn’t matter if you have a vehicle or not players will spawn kill you even if they have their own weapons. Broadcast is also a very good example for that. I’ve seen Spartan players go after Elite players and spawn kill them at the beginning of the game.

> I know some people don’t like the Banshee being a very bad spawn killing machine but the Falcon is one as well. It doesn’t matter if you have a vehicle or not players will spawn kill you even if they have their own weapons. Broadcast is also a very good example for that. I’ve seen Spartan players go after Elite players and spawn kill them at the beginning of the game.

Indeed, the falcon spawns like the banshee does on Spire where both are in the open, but the two vehicles can’t be compared to one another like they’re the same because one needs 2-3 people to operate fully while the other needs only one. This makes a huge difference.

> To find out what the enemy team is doing look for people that will go for those who are vulnerable. If they come down or walk toward your spawn area, that’s a sign they are spawn campers and they will spawn kill you throughout the game. These guys only care about K/D which is cowardly. These people play only for this not for fun like the most of us.

False… Somewhat. I care about wins. If putting heavy pressure on spawns result in an enemy quitting… Then the next few rounds become all the easier. For invasion 93% of my games are wins, I couldn’t care less about my k/d. Outside of slayer, k/d is meaningless.