INVASION MODE TEASED!!! What this could mean >:)

By now, I’m sure to many people this is not news at this point. However, I’m truly excited as this could mean that PLAYABLE Elites are coming back!!!

I have heard some people say that it could be playable Brutes however I want to state that although having at least some form of diversity is extremely important, I do prefer Elites and besides… That is what most of us have been asking for. I really hope to God that they don’t have playable Brutes just for the sake of competitive play or something stupid like that. I really hope they actually respected our request this time and although Brutes are a very reasonable and interesting choice, it def is not better compared to playable Elites. At least for the majority of the fans and myself personally.

> 2535421473250468;1:
> By now, I’m sure to many people this is not news at this point. However, I’m truly excited as this could mean that PLAYABLE Elites are coming back!!!
>
> I have heard some people say that it could be playable Brutes however I want to state that although having at least some form of diversity is extremely important, I do prefer Elites and besides… That is what most of us have been asking for. I really hope to God that they don’t have playable Brutes just for the sake of competitive play or something stupid like that. I really hope they actually respected our request this time and although Brutes are a very reasonable and interesting choice, it def is not better compared to playable Elites. At least for the majority of the fans and myself personally.

I get what you’re saying but I’ll be happy either way to be honest. Ideally I’d like both brutes and elites, hell a mode similar to gears where you got to play as every enemy type would be cool.

As nice as it would be to have Elites back, I’d like them back in an unrestricted capacity.

When Reach included Invasion it also had Elites with radically different stats to the Spartans as a means of balancing out the fact that they were nearly .5x larger than them, which basically resulted in their being completely cut from every other mode in the game. That was the first really big hit the Elite community took before their complete removal in Halo 4.

What I’d like to see is for them to design the Elites to be as closely balanced to Spartans as possible. One other thing they did in Reach was model the Elites in a way that they were, proportionally, the same as Spartans. They stood straight up, their arms and legs had nearly identical positions and proportional sizes on their bodies etc. For the very first time, they were just so much taller and wider. To explain what I’m talking about, check out this picture I mocked up where I scaled the Elite model down to match the Spartans:

https://ibb.co/9vYPWhD

This is how I’d like to see them do it in the future. Give Spartans and Elites the same basic dimensions, so that the only hitbox adjustment that needs to be made is the head hitbox moved a little bit forward, as opposed to contorting the Elite body in a way that the head stick out the front of the chest hitbox.

Considering the brites are the dominant race in the Banished, if anything I think we would get brutes. Though obviously it would be cooler if we got both.

> 2533275031939856;4:
> Considering the brites are the dominant race in the Banished, if anything I think we would get brutes. Though obviously it would be cooler if we got both.

Yeah but Elites are way more fit for multiplayer since they have shields

There’s a long-running playable elites thread floating around waypoint. Please keep conversation about playable species in that thread.