Invasion in h4

1. Bring it back.
  2. Add varying cutscenes. These will make the invisible bombing runs visible and cool. Make about 10 variants of each cutscene.
  3. Add more modes (Generator defence, kill x elites/Spartans/brutes/?,
  4. Species specific traits, like in FF. If I want Spartans to be weaker meleers than elites, I should be able to realise that.
  5. Custom cutscenes. Like in forge I will place a crate, then Mark it cutscene object, and in game options write crate interaction on, (cutscenes at end only) and set it to pistol elite from crate (other options could be: kick it, jump on it, and up to two of the options could be enabled.) then the game creates a 5 second cutscene, with up to 3 varients.)
  6. Give at least 5 maps at start, with 1 DLC at least.

I love invasion! Your ideas sound great, hopefully we have a wide-range of AA selection in it.

1. yes…
  2. yes, this way there isn’t a rush from the defending team to take attacker power weapons
  3. debatable, we don’t need invasion like Killzone Multiplayer
  4. Elites need to be harder to kill, as we all know in gameplay Plasma isn’t that effective.
  5. no data available
  6. how about we make all maps viable options, i made an invasion map on Tempest so its not impossible.

All i have to say is…

PURE GENIUS!

end of story

All 6 ideas are good.

Invasion is one of my favorite modes in reach, so i also hope it’ll be back and tweaked for halo 4.

Imo, in addition of the stuff you said, i’d like to maybe see some weak NPC added to help out on certain invasion waves. Stuff like grunts attacking in invasion phase 1 on boneyard for attackers etc. That would make invasion feel like a combination of campaign and multiplayer and it could be really cool if done in small doses.

> Invasion is one of my favorite modes in reach, so i also hope it’ll be back and tweaked for halo 4.
>
> Imo, in addition of the stuff you said, i’d like to maybe see some weak NPC added to help out on certain invasion waves. Stuff like grunts attacking in invasion phase 1 on boneyard for attackers etc. That would make invasion feel like a combination of campaign and multiplayer and it could be really cool if done in small doses.

Of course the bad thing that this might do is of course, lag.

1. Yes bring it back :smiley:
  2. A map or 2 designed to support a combination of BF’s conquest and Halo’s territories. These maps played in slayer-type games would still have its functioning territories.
    Such territories include:
    a) orbital strike station with X min cool-down.
    b) carpet bombing station with X min cool-down. Long Swords for the humans, other for the enemy (Scarabs if Elites are back).
    c) a rocket-salvo and/or Gauss-cannon and/or plasma-cannon with limited ammo on X min reload time.
    d) Almost always at least 2 vehicle depot stations. X min cool-down and/or active , will dispense vehicle of choice depending on met requirements (such as tier level or performance level effecting vehicle choice).
    If a team captures both stations, both are to share the same timer so that one team cannot gain twice the vehicular power over the other.
    e)MACs

I’ve got a few more, but I’ll wait to see if anyone else wants to add.

Personally, I’d love it while using the weapons in the stations, we get the weapon’s POV.
The user becomes distract from the rest of the match and must be protected by teammates, least they be overcome by the opposing TEAM.
As the bombers do their run, we see everything from the pilot’s POV, actions, words, etc.
As the orbital strike, we are the platform’s weapon and or gunner and we see the map from orbit with all the bells and whistles that the technology offers.
If it’s one of the cannons, that’s an easy one, similar HUD function as the MAC in Reach at the end.

I like all of them but number 5. Custom cutscenes sound pretty sweet but why would you want them in Invasion?

Agreed.

And another thing to add which doesn’t matter much, but I’ll bring it up anyway:
Custom colours/suitable colours to the faction

That was the thing that I loved about the beta; it wasn’t Red Vs Blue, it was suitable colours for the factions. I want this back to be re-done in a way, or make it so that we have custom colours. It doesn’t have to be Red Team/Blue Team; it could be Elite Team/Spartan Team, or something better than that.

OP, I agree with all except maybe #5, it’s not necessary.

Thanks for the support! :smiley:

Make you spawn in the Phantom. This was a big one for me. Spawning below just kind of killed the realism.

All Invasion needed was more maps. They gimped it from the start by only having 2 maps and only ever adding 1 more.

Its not in Halo 4.

> Its not in Halo 4.

Why on earth would you revive a year old thread, just to post something as pointless as this?

Haha, I laughed.

If you want to contribute, check my (buried) H5 thread in the General Discussion.