Invasion Discussion

Alright, so I love invasion and I would love to talk about it in as many ways as I can. So here we go…

Forge

Setting up invasion on forge is extremely difficult at times, and very frustrating.
I just wish 343 could cut down the complications with invasion set-up.

I was wondering if anybody would like to share their invasion maps with me, just for fun.

Does any body forge invasion game types on pre-made maps?
I wondering this because I always see invasion maps on forge world…
And it gets REALLY boring!
So why not make invasion maps on pre-made maps like powerhouse?
I don’t see why not, it would change the whole aspect of invasion in many ways, let me know how my idea sounds.

Multiplayer

So far, there has only been 3 maps invasion wise to the halo reach multiplayer.
This ticks me off!
Of the 7 new Halo map remakes that are coming out, you couldn’t come up with an invasion map??
Why?
Another thing…Why not have the community make invasion maps and then release them to multiplayer?
They do that all the time with Big team maps, how about invasion?

Over-All

Over-All I would have to say that Invasion is a great game type and that people should be neutering it a lot more often. Please feel free to respond to my thread if you feel like you have an opinion that needs to be expressed.

I completely agree with the new maps, but do not used forged ones. For two reasons. One is that it will then be two local players aloud and when i have guests they want to play invasion. Well they wanted to play big team but it uses forged maps.

Reason two is that spawning on forged maps is atrosiuos.

Invasion is and has always been my favorite playlist. I just love how it plays and how many strategies that can be used. Even though I think my strategies work pretty good.

> I completely agree with the new maps, but do not used forged ones. For two reasons. One is that it will then be two local players aloud and when i have guests they want to play invasion. Well they wanted to play big team but it uses forged maps.
>
> Reason two is that spawning on forged maps is atrosiuos.
>
> Invasion is and has always been my favorite playlist. I just love how it plays and how many strategies that can be used. Even though I think my strategies work pretty good.

It depends on who forges the maps. Some Invasion Maps I’ve played have excellent spawning systems and remains fluent and crisp throughout the three phases.

I wouldn’t want to simply the options of Forging an Invasion Map since Invasion is so diverse in what you can do. You make doors explode in Invasion if you forge the map right.

try the Invasion Feedback Thread.

> try the Invasion Feedback Thread.

your link doesn’t work

How about adding Invasion variants of Tempest, Highlands, Breakneck and Ridgeline? That would increase the number of maps by 4.

YES PLEASE!!!

> Does any body forge invasion game types on pre-made maps?
> I wondering this because I always see invasion maps on forge world…
> And it gets REALLY boring!
> So why not make invasion maps on pre-made maps like powerhouse?
> I don’t see why not, it would change the whole aspect of invasion in many ways, let me know how my idea sounds.

People have tried pre-mades. A 3 Legged Goat once built something great for Boardwalk. Played pretty well.

Most of the pre-mades are avoided because their palettes are much too limited for use in Invasion. Some also have serious bugs; territory cap sirens constantly sound in Tempest and I think in another map, while on some maps, sirens never sound (or, bizarrely, never sound in split-screen). Most Invasion is done on Forge World for a reason: it’s configurable and it’s reliable.

> > try the Invasion Feedback Thread.
>
> your link doesn’t work

Remove the “=” from the end of the URL.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=D3LTA%20S13RRA
Installation Unknown is a map I’ve created, im not that good a forger so its pretty basic. There is also the gametype to go with it.

NO FORGE MAPS! Invasion is my favorite playlist and I don’t need it ruined like Hemm ruined Snipers or any other Forge map ruined Team Slayer. The choices are usually Forge Map, Forge Map or Forge Map.

> try the Invasion Feedback Thread.

link fix’d

> How about adding Invasion variants of Tempest, Highlands, Breakneck and Ridgeline? That would increase the number of maps by 4.

Iv’e actually tried that out yesterday. And it’s working out pretty well…

> NO FORGE MAPS! Invasion is my favorite playlist and I don’t need it ruined like Hemm ruined Snipers or any other Forge map ruined Team Slayer. The choices are usually Forge Map, Forge Map or Forge Map.

Your right, and I agree.
All community made maps are composed of forge world variants. I’m tired of this, why not make a map on Tempest? Or how about Timberlands? Invasion maps should be unique, with their own environments and skyboxes. They should all have independent objectives and play experiences. If Community made invasion maps where to be posted to multiplayer, everything would be the same.
I know I’m a hypocrite but this is true…

> > Does any body forge invasion game types on pre-made maps?
> > I wondering this because I always see invasion maps on forge world…
> > And it gets REALLY boring!
> > So why not make invasion maps on pre-made maps like powerhouse?
> > I don’t see why not, it would change the whole aspect of invasion in many ways, let me know how my idea sounds.
>
> People have tried pre-mades. A 3 Legged Goat once built something great for Boardwalk. Played pretty well.
>
> Most of the pre-mades are avoided because their palettes are much too limited for use in Invasion. Some also have serious bugs; territory cap sirens constantly sound in Tempest and I think in another map, while on some maps, sirens never sound (or, bizarrely, never sound in split-screen). Most Invasion is done on Forge World for a reason: it’s configurable and it’s reliable.
>
>
>
> > > try the Invasion Feedback Thread.
> >
> > your link doesn’t work
>
> Remove the “=” from the end of the URL.

The forge palette is limited but also unique, and thats what would make it fun. Plus the maps have unique layouts.