Introducing Halo Wars 2 Battle Tracker (Giveaway)

Hi guys! for a while now I’ve been working on a little project for Halo Wars 2, and I think it is time to get it out to the public. But first I want to thank the Support Team and the API Dev Team for working closely into making this work out, they’ve been great at answering doubts or fixing issues within the APIs, Thank you!

THE HALO WARS 2 BATTLE TRACKER

What is the application about?

• The Battle Tracker allows you to check your Ranked 1v1 games (Currently no other gamemodes supported) and get detailed group information about each event as it happened during the game in the form of Battles.What is the point of this?

• The main objective of this application is to help newer players make progress in 1v1. Help players understand and visualize each game, see their mistakes and improve their skills. I think we’ve all seen in the forums when people say how his full army of Reavers got destroyed by a few Banshees? and many cases like that right? well this will help clear those out much more easily and get factual information on situations that might seem OP at first.What information can I check out?

• Each game has a Summary panel with units built/lost totals for a quick glance, but it’s the Battles panel the one that includes much of the detailed information that will help players out. - Size of each Battle and filters. - Units/Buildings destroyed and Battle duration. - Color codes for who won/lost each battle. - Resource and population information on each army and reinforcemnts. - Pie charts indicating unit type composition. - Radar charts indicating where your composition shines (anti-vehicle, anti-infantry, anti-air or support). - Visual grid with each army unit, blue shading indicates a living unit whereas a sepia shading indicates a killed unit. - Color codes for each player, hero units, super units and ultimate units. - Reinforcements panel, showing when a player builds new units in the middle of a battle. Essentially showing how good you are at transitioning or countering. - Total kills section, shows up every unit and building killed/destroyed during the battle. - Click on a specific unit to learn which enemy units are responsible for the kill or to check general resource information on the unit.Can I see other players’ games?

• Yes, the application requires no login information, so you just type anyone’s gamertag and you should get the list of Ranked 1v1 games.Why can’t I see Population Graphs, Build Orders, Income Graphs such as the ones available on Halo Waypoint?

• I didn’t wanted to create a duplicate of Waypoint, I saw little to no benefit in creating an app that would fulfill the same role, so I instead focused on the Battles aspect. If these features get requested I will consider them in the future.Jumping back and forth between your application and waypoint is bothersome! what can I do about it?

• I have provided a Share button to get access to both Battle Tracker links AND Waypoint links. So from the same app you can get the best of both worlds (sort of!). On desktop you can click the Share icon in the top banner. On mobile you can click on the Wrench icon and it will display the Share button. This will bring up a popup showing Battle Tracker and Waypoint links for easy sharing and navigating.*Please keep in mind that this application is currently being developed, tested and deployed all by myself, so it is natural that a few bugs here and there might arise. I have enabled a console error output in case any errors pop up that you guys could report back to me! As mentioned, this application is in development, which means it is not finished yet! The API offers a lot of information and many interesting things could be done, so it’s just a matter of having enough creativity to make this application grow. If you guys have ideas on what you would like to see just ask away and it will be considered for future releases! (And also if you’re an Angular developer and wish to honorably contribute to new components for this application we can always work together).

With that said, there’s a few hiccups that you will notice while using it that haven’t been addressed yet or are out of my control:

• Leader specific units showing no image (Such as Omega Team, Goliaths, etc). - New maps showing no image (Mirage and Fissures). - Load times on mobile, the longer the game the longer the load times. - Layout issues on some display sizes.The first two are dependant on the API Team, I’ve submitted these issues and they’ve acknowledged them and hopefully these will get fixed in the near future!

Now the part you’ve been waiting for: THE GIVEAWAY!!!

During Tuesday’s 343 ATN Live Stream I won a copy of Awakening the Nightmare, I had already bought it so what best way to use it than giving it back to the community? I will be giving away this copy of Awakening the Nightmare to a lucky winner! So this is all you have to do to participate in the giveaway:

• Search your 1v1 Ranked games in the application and look for any of your games, look at a game where you have had the biggest Battle! - Click on the Share button and post the Battle Tracker and Waypoint links in this Thread! Make sure to mention the Battle # you are submitting. - By tomorrow night I will be picking the biggest battle of them all and declare a winner! I will be using several criteria such as Battle length, units killed, units lost, resources spent, composition and more.Hope you guys find this useful and feel free to share it around! Thanks a lot!

Nice work, I’m sure lots of people will find it very useful.

Wow, that’s awesome! Way to go, man! Looking forward to checking it out.

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

Gimme your app!

> 2533274809541057;4:
> Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Great idea but make it for the most popular game mode 3v3 as well.

> 2535411018093228;6:
> Great idea but make it for the most popular game mode 3v3 as well.

It’s a bit difficult to implement this for 3v3, the app philosophy works for battles, and the way battles are created depend on a timer between kill events, 3v3 would most of the time end up on very huge battles that wouldn’t output too much useful information. But I’ve been thinking about it.

It’s not about technical difficulty, it’s about what’s the right approach to implement it.

> 2535411018093228;6:
> Great idea but make it for the most popular game mode 3v3 as well.

Is 3v3 the most popular?

Side note ll Blaky ll I love this. I’m going to use it constantly

This is by far one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. I can already tell that I’ll be poring over this information for hours once I get some good games in.

For the giveaway:
https://www.commanderapp.net/match/3400d4f5-0077-441e-9efe-727856561590
Large battle 9.
“large battles” don’t happen often for me so here ya go.

I’m more concerned about where did your data come from. Does waypoint have an official API?

> 2533274807340992;11:
> I’m more concerned about where did your data come from. Does waypoint have an official API?

Yes, they have an official developer API for both Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.

> 2533274855353246;10:
> For the giveaway:
> https://www.commanderapp.net/match/3400d4f5-0077-441e-9efe-727856561590
> Large battle 9.
> “large battles” don’t happen often for me so here ya go.

Disqualified for kicking my -Yoink- earlier today. Haha jk, that’s a huge battle.

I like how the community is trying to keep the game alive.

> 2533274807340992;11:
> I’m more concerned about where did your data come from. Does waypoint have an official API?

Yep , you can find it here: https://developer.haloapi.com.
And Support forums here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/01b3ca58f06c4bd4ad074d8794d2cf86/topics

That’s pretty awesome! I like it alot and the breakdown is good too.

What is seen as a large battle?

> 2533274808891842;16:
> What is seen as a large battle?

When 30 or more units die within a short period of time.

> 2533274821521504;17:
> > 2533274808891842;16:
> > What is seen as a large battle?
>
> When 30 or more units die within a short period of time.

How accurate is the rank tracker can I ask?Just that I’m being given a rank when I’m still going through placements. Interested to know if that’s what I will be placed at.

> 2535448113686542;18:
> > 2533274821521504;17:
> > > 2533274808891842;16:
> > > What is seen as a large battle?
> >
> > When 30 or more units die within a short period of time.
>
> How accurate is the rank tracker can I ask?Just that I’m being given a rank when I’m still going through placements. Interested to know if that’s what I will be placed at.

It shows the highest you’ve got in that playlist.

> 2533274821521504;19:
> > 2535448113686542;18:
> > > 2533274821521504;17:
> > > > 2533274808891842;16:
> > > > What is seen as a large battle?
> > >
> > > When 30 or more units die within a short period of time.
> >
> > How accurate is the rank tracker can I ask?Just that I’m being given a rank when I’m still going through placements. Interested to know if that’s what I will be placed at.
>
> It shows the highest you’ve got in that playlist.

Ahh right I did think Jesus that’s a bit high for what I may get aha. Looks good, also about the build order if you can add it in like you have with the troops as in how many supply pads when it was built etc that’d be pretty awesome to just see it in one app and not only that but half the time service record doesn’t work for me for whatever reason.