Into 343's mind...

-“Ok, we screwed up big time with Halo 4’s matchmaking”

-“Not that much, the sales were great”

-“No, I’m talking about the matchmaking population. It dropped faster than an elephant from the top of the Everest”

-“Yeah, I know, so what should we do to get Halo 5 right?”

-“Mmmmm…”

-“Well, maybe we can reduce the number of gimmicks, like jet packs and all the other armour abilities, because the forums are filled with hate toward those gimmicks, maybe people don’t want them?”

-“Yeah, I know, but we can’t create a new Halo that has less stuff than the previous one, it wouldn’t make sense, it’s supposed to evolve, not to devolve!”

-“Maybe, but people were really pissed off with Halo 4, so we can’t do the same mistakes again, no?”

-“Mmmmm…”

-“Let’s go middle of the road”

-“Like what”

-“Let’s keep a couple of gimmicks, nerf them a bit so that old timers will shut the hell up, and give them to everyone for balance”

-Are you sure, because people were really pissed off with those gimmicks, now I’m afraid that if everybody has them, that…"

-“That what…?”

-“Well, that they’ll say AGAIN that it doesn’t feel like Bungie’s Halo”

-“But Bungie’s also made Halo Reach, and it was full of gimmicks, like the worst of all, armour lock”

-“I know, and lots of players were pissed off too, no?”

-“I know, but about Halo Reach…”

-“What about Halo Reach…”

-“If I look back at it, Bungie had an obligation to finish their contract with Microsoft by creating a last Halo and… Eh…”

-“Eh what?”

-“I don’t know, I’m not sure about that, but I have the feeling that they just purposely made those gimmicks in Reach, to put the Halo franchise in a bad direction, so that it will eventually fail, therefore removing a serious competitor, Halo, to their new franchise, Destiny…”

-“You think too much, Bungie would never do that”

-“Well, you can’t get the toothpaste back into it’s tube once it’s out. So, it would have make sense for them to screw their last Halo, by adding lots of gimmicks, gimmicks that some people would get used too (you know, those that are easily fooled by brandings) and that some newcomers would demand as their core experience in future installation of the game.”

“-You’re telling me that by alienating the millions of customers that liked the Halo brand from the beginning, therefore the Halo’s without too much gimmicks, that it would weakened the Halo brand, therefore making Halo a lesser competitor to Bungie’s Destiny, their new beloved project?”

-“Yeap, I’m not sure, but that’s what I feel, it’s not scientific though…”

-“Ok then, what about Halo 5 again?”

-“I don’t know, but one thing is for sure : Bungie did got some toothpaste out with Reach, but we emptied the tube with Halo 4”

-“You mean they really got us, hein?”

-“It’s not scientific, but I feel that… Yes.”

-“Ok, we really think to much, let’s keep it simple”

-“Like what”

-“Like, Call of Duty sells more than Halo now, and 343 was created to use the Halo brand and to make as much money as it could out of it”.

-“Microsoft likes money, hein?”

-“Yup, they do”

-“Also, kids are good money”

-“What?”

-“Well, their parents are good money…”

-“What do you have in mind???”

-“Kids are easily impressed by flashy things”.

-“Let’s make spartan’s have “superman’s” like abilities and it’ll be in the pocket. Good money I say.”

-“Kids = The future, anyway…”

-“I see”

-“Let’s call it “ground pound”, it’ll be awesome in TV commercials, the kids will love it”.

-That rocks, you’re (eh I’m) a genius!"

-“Ok, so…”

-“In resume…”

-“Call of Duty’s gameplay for bigger sales + super kids stuff for even greater sales = 343’s purpose to make more money out of the Halo brand attained!!!”

-“You’re (I’m) REALLY a genius”

“-But what about the original Halo fans?”

-“Ah, them, they’re pretty annoying and they’re in their late 20s and 30s now, they should worry about their kids, not about a stupid video game”

-“Mmmm, their kids… It means they’re gonna buy Halo anyway, but not for them, for their kids?”

-“Yup, pretty much…”

-“I’m”

-“I’m what?”

-"…REALLY a genius"

-“Yeap, genius indeed…”

lel

> 2533274816948573;1:
> -“Ok, we screwed up big time with Halo 4’s matchmaking”
>
> -“Not that much, the sales were great”
>
> -“No, I’m talking about the matchmaking population. It dropped faster than an elephant from the top of the Everest”
>
> -“Yeah, I know, so what should we do to get Halo 5 right?”
>
> -“Mmmmm…”
>
> -“Well, maybe we can reduce the number of gimmicks, like jet packs and all the other armour abilities, because the forums are filled with hate toward those gimmicks, maybe people don’t want them?”
>
> -“Yeah, I know, but we can’t create a new Halo that has less stuff than the previous one, it wouldn’t make sense, it’s supposed to evolve, not to devolve!”
>
> -“Maybe, but people were really pissed off with Halo 4, so we can’t do the same mistakes again, no?”
>
> -“Mmmmm…”
>
> -“Let’s go middle of the road”
>
> -“Like what”
>
> -“Let’s keep a couple of gimmicks, nerf them a bit so that old timers will shut the hell up, and give them to everyone for balance”
>
> -Are you sure, because people were really pissed off with those gimmicks, now I’m afraid that if everybody has them, that…"
>
> -“That what…?”
>
> -“Well, that they’ll say AGAIN that it doesn’t feel like Bungie’s Halo”
>
> -“But Bungie’s also made Halo Reach, and was full of gimmicks, like the worst of all, armour lock”
>
> -“I know, and lots of players were pissed off too, no?”
>
> -“I know, but about Halo Reach…”
>
> -“What about Halo Reach…”
>
> -“If I look back at it, Bungie had an obligation to finish their contract with a last Halo and… Eh…”
>
> -“Eh what?”
>
> -“I don’t know, I’m not sure about that, but I have the feeling that they just purposely made those gimmicks in Reach, to put the Halo franchise in a bad direction, so that it will eventually fail, therefore removing a serious competitor, Halo, to their new franchise, Destiny…”
>
> -“You think too much, Bungie would never do that”
>
> -“Well, you can’t get the toothpaste back into it’s tube once it’s out. So, it would have make sense for them to screw their last Halo, by adding lots of gimmicks, gimmicks that some people would get used too (you know, those that are easily fooled by brandings) and that some newcomers would demand as their core experience in future installation of the game.”
>
> “-You’re telling me that by alienating the millions of customers that liked the Halo brand from the beginning, therefore the Halo’s without too much gimmicks, that it would weakened the Halo brand, therefore making Halo a lesser competitor to Bungie’s Destiny, their new beloved project?”
>
> -“Yeap, I’m not sure, but that’s what I feel, it’s not scientific though…”
>
> -“Ok then, what about Halo 5 again?”
>
> -“I don’t know, but one thing is for sure : Bungie got some toothpaste out with Reach, but we emptied the tube with Halo 4”
>
> -“You mean they really got us, hein?”
>
> -“It’s not scientific, but I feel that… Yes.”
>
> -“Ok, we really think to much, let’s keep it simple”
>
> -“Like what”
>
> -“Like, Call of Duty sells more that Halo now, and 343 was created to use the Halo brand and to make as much money as it could out of it”.
>
> -“Microsoft likes money, hein?”
>
> -“Yup, they do”
>
> -“Also, kids are good money”
>
> -“What?”
>
> -“Well, their parents are good money…”
>
> -“What do you have in mind???”
>
> -“Kids are easily impressed by flashy things”.
>
> -“Let’s make spartan’s have “superman’s” like abilities and it’ll be in the pocket. Good money I say.”
>
> -“The future = Kids anyway…”
>
> -“I see”
>
> -“Let’s call it “ground pound, it’ll be awesome in TV commercials, the kids will love it”.
>
> -That rocks, you’re (eh I’m) a genius!”
>
> -“Ok, so…”
>
> -“In resume…”
>
> -“Call of Duty gameplay for bigger sales + super kids stuff for even greater sales = 343’s purpose to make more money out of the Halo brand attained!!!”
>
> -“You’re (I’m) REALLY a genius”
>
> “-But what about the original Halo fans?”
>
> -“Ah, them, they’re pretty annoying and in their late 20s and 30s now, they should worry about their kids, not about a stupid video game”
>
> -“Mmmm, their kids… It means they’re gonna buy Halo anyway, but not for them, for their kids?”
>
> -“Yup, pretty much…”
>
> -“I’m”
>
> -“I’m what?”
>
> -"…REALLY a genius"
>
> -“Yeap, genius indeed…”

10/10 would read again

I know it’s meant as a joke but I can’t help but feel a small voice in the back of my head telling me this is closer to the truth than we wished.

LOL, the twist at the end. Well done, good sir.

> 2533274800913490;3:
> > 2533274816948573;1:
> > -“Ok, we screwed up big time with Halo 4’s matchmaking”
> >
> > -“Not that much, the sales were great”
> >
> > -“No, I’m talking about the matchmaking population. It dropped faster than an elephant from the top of the Everest”
> >
> > -“Yeah, I know, so what should we do to get Halo 5 right?”
> >
> > -“Mmmmm…”
> >
> > -“Well, maybe we can reduce the number of gimmicks, like jet packs and all the other armour abilities, because the forums are filled with hate toward those gimmicks, maybe people don’t want them?”
> >
> > -“Yeah, I know, but we can’t create a new Halo that has less stuff than the previous one, it wouldn’t make sense, it’s supposed to evolve, not to devolve!”
> >
> > -“Maybe, but people were really pissed off with Halo 4, so we can’t do the same mistakes again, no?”
> >
> > -“Mmmmm…”
> >
> > -“Let’s go middle of the road”
> >
> > -“Like what”
> >
> > -“Let’s keep a couple of gimmicks, nerf them a bit so that old timers will shut the hell up, and give them to everyone for balance”
> >
> > -Are you sure, because people were really pissed off with those gimmicks, now I’m afraid that if everybody has them, that…"
> >
> > -“That what…?”
> >
> > -“Well, that they’ll say AGAIN that it doesn’t feel like Bungie’s Halo”
> >
> > -“But Bungie’s also made Halo Reach, and was full of gimmicks, like the worst of all, armour lock”
> >
> > -“I know, and lots of players were pissed off too, no?”
> >
> > -“I know, but about Halo Reach…”
> >
> > -“What about Halo Reach…”
> >
> > -“If I look back at it, Bungie had an obligation to finish their contract with a last Halo and… Eh…”
> >
> > -“Eh what?”
> >
> > -“I don’t know, I’m not sure about that, but I have the feeling that they just purposely made those gimmicks in Reach, to put the Halo franchise in a bad direction, so that it will eventually fail, therefore removing a serious competitor, Halo, to their new franchise, Destiny…”
> >
> > -“You think too much, Bungie would never do that”
> >
> > -“Well, you can’t get the toothpaste back into it’s tube once it’s out. So, it would have make sense for them to screw their last Halo, by adding lots of gimmicks, gimmicks that some people would get used too (you know, those that are easily fooled by brandings) and that some newcomers would demand as their core experience in future installation of the game.”
> >
> > “-You’re telling me that by alienating the millions of customers that liked the Halo brand from the beginning, therefore the Halo’s without too much gimmicks, that it would weakened the Halo brand, therefore making Halo a lesser competitor to Bungie’s Destiny, their new beloved project?”
> >
> > -“Yeap, I’m not sure, but that’s what I feel, it’s not scientific though…”
> >
> > -“Ok then, what about Halo 5 again?”
> >
> > -“I don’t know, but one thing is for sure : Bungie got some toothpaste out with Reach, but we emptied the tube with Halo 4”
> >
> > -“You mean they really got us, hein?”
> >
> > -“It’s not scientific, but I feel that… Yes.”
> >
> > -“Ok, we really think to much, let’s keep it simple”
> >
> > -“Like what”
> >
> > -“Like, Call of Duty sells more that Halo now, and 343 was created to use the Halo brand and to make as much money as it could out of it”.
> >
> > -“Microsoft likes money, hein?”
> >
> > -“Yup, they do”
> >
> > -“Also, kids are good money”
> >
> > -“What?”
> >
> > -“Well, their parents are good money…”
> >
> > -“What do you have in mind???”
> >
> > -“Kids are easily impressed by flashy things”.
> >
> > -“Let’s make spartan’s have “superman’s” like abilities and it’ll be in the pocket. Good money I say.”
> >
> > -“The future = Kids anyway…”
> >
> > -“I see”
> >
> > -“Let’s call it “ground pound, it’ll be awesome in TV commercials, the kids will love it”.
> >
> > -That rocks, you’re (eh I’m) a genius!”
> >
> > -“Ok, so…”
> >
> > -“In resume…”
> >
> > -“Call of Duty gameplay for bigger sales + super kids stuff for even greater sales = 343’s purpose to make more money out of the Halo brand attained!!!”
> >
> > -“You’re (I’m) REALLY a genius”
> >
> > “-But what about the original Halo fans?”
> >
> > -“Ah, them, they’re pretty annoying and in their late 20s and 30s now, they should worry about their kids, not about a stupid video game”
> >
> > -“Mmmm, their kids… It means they’re gonna buy Halo anyway, but not for them, for their kids?”
> >
> > -“Yup, pretty much…”
> >
> > -“I’m”
> >
> > -“I’m what?”
> >
> > -"…REALLY a genius"
> >
> > -“Yeap, genius indeed…”
>
>
> 10/10 would read again

Thank you, sir :slight_smile:

This thread is the good.

> 2533274803562826;4:
> I know it’s meant as a joke but I can’t help but feel a small voice in the back of my head telling me this is closer to the truth than we wished.

Believe me, unfortunately, I got the same small voice in the back of my head as you… :wink:

> 2533274816948573;8:
> > 2533274803562826;4:
> > I know it’s meant as a joke but I can’t help but feel a small voice in the back of my head telling me this is closer to the truth than we wished.
>
>
> Believe me, unfortunately, I got the same small voice in the back of my head as you… :wink:

Haha, I have it too unfortunately :frowning:

> 2717573882290994;5:
> LOL, the twist at the end. Well done, good sir.

My pleasure, spread the good word… lol :wink:

The fact that you took the time to type all of that out saddens me.

> 2533274816948573;6:
> > 2533274800913490;3:
> > > 2533274816948573;1:
> > > -“Ok, we screwed up big time with Halo 4’s matchmaking”
> > >
> > > -“Not that much, the sales were great”
> > >
> > > -“No, I’m talking about the matchmaking population. It dropped faster than an elephant from the top of the Everest”
> > >
> > > -“Yeah, I know, so what should we do to get Halo 5 right?”
> > >
> > > -“Mmmmm…”
> > >
> > > -“Well, maybe we can reduce the number of gimmicks, like jet packs and all the other armour abilities, because the forums are filled with hate toward those gimmicks, maybe people don’t want them?”
> > >
> > > -“Yeah, I know, but we can’t create a new Halo that has less stuff than the previous one, it wouldn’t make sense, it’s supposed to evolve, not to devolve!”
> > >
> > > -“Maybe, but people were really pissed off with Halo 4, so we can’t do the same mistakes again, no?”
> > >
> > > -“Mmmmm…”
> > >
> > > -“Let’s go middle of the road”
> > >
> > > -“Like what”
> > >
> > > -“Let’s keep a couple of gimmicks, nerf them a bit so that old timers will shut the hell up, and give them to everyone for balance”
> > >
> > > -Are you sure, because people were really pissed off with those gimmicks, now I’m afraid that if everybody has them, that…"
> > >
> > > -“That what…?”
> > >
> > > -“Well, that they’ll say AGAIN that it doesn’t feel like Bungie’s Halo”
> > >
> > > -“But Bungie’s also made Halo Reach, and was full of gimmicks, like the worst of all, armour lock”
> > >
> > > -“I know, and lots of players were pissed off too, no?”
> > >
> > > -“I know, but about Halo Reach…”
> > >
> > > -“What about Halo Reach…”
> > >
> > > -“If I look back at it, Bungie had an obligation to finish their contract with a last Halo and… Eh…”
> > >
> > > -“Eh what?”
> > >
> > > -“I don’t know, I’m not sure about that, but I have the feeling that they just purposely made those gimmicks in Reach, to put the Halo franchise in a bad direction, so that it will eventually fail, therefore removing a serious competitor, Halo, to their new franchise, Destiny…”
> > >
> > > -“You think too much, Bungie would never do that”
> > >
> > > -“Well, you can’t get the toothpaste back into it’s tube once it’s out. So, it would have make sense for them to screw their last Halo, by adding lots of gimmicks, gimmicks that some people would get used too (you know, those that are easily fooled by brandings) and that some newcomers would demand as their core experience in future installation of the game.”
> > >
> > > “-You’re telling me that by alienating the millions of customers that liked the Halo brand from the beginning, therefore the Halo’s without too much gimmicks, that it would weakened the Halo brand, therefore making Halo a lesser competitor to Bungie’s Destiny, their new beloved project?”
> > >
> > > -“Yeap, I’m not sure, but that’s what I feel, it’s not scientific though…”
> > >
> > > -“Ok then, what about Halo 5 again?”
> > >
> > > -“I don’t know, but one thing is for sure : Bungie got some toothpaste out with Reach, but we emptied the tube with Halo 4”
> > >
> > > -“You mean they really got us, hein?”
> > >
> > > -“It’s not scientific, but I feel that… Yes.”
> > >
> > > -“Ok, we really think to much, let’s keep it simple”
> > >
> > > -“Like what”
> > >
> > > -“Like, Call of Duty sells more that Halo now, and 343 was created to use the Halo brand and to make as much money as it could out of it”.
> > >
> > > -“Microsoft likes money, hein?”
> > >
> > > -“Yup, they do”
> > >
> > > -“Also, kids are good money”
> > >
> > > -“What?”
> > >
> > > -“Well, their parents are good money…”
> > >
> > > -“What do you have in mind???”
> > >
> > > -“Kids are easily impressed by flashy things”.
> > >
> > > -“Let’s make spartan’s have “superman’s” like abilities and it’ll be in the pocket. Good money I say.”
> > >
> > > -“The future = Kids anyway…”
> > >
> > > -“I see”
> > >
> > > -“Let’s call it “ground pound, it’ll be awesome in TV commercials, the kids will love it”.
> > >
> > > -That rocks, you’re (eh I’m) a genius!”
> > >
> > > -“Ok, so…”
> > >
> > > -“In resume…”
> > >
> > > -“Call of Duty gameplay for bigger sales + super kids stuff for even greater sales = 343’s purpose to make more money out of the Halo brand attained!!!”
> > >
> > > -“You’re (I’m) REALLY a genius”
> > >
> > > “-But what about the original Halo fans?”
> > >
> > > -“Ah, them, they’re pretty annoying and in their late 20s and 30s now, they should worry about their kids, not about a stupid video game”
> > >
> > > -“Mmmm, their kids… It means they’re gonna buy Halo anyway, but not for them, for their kids?”
> > >
> > > -“Yup, pretty much…”
> > >
> > > -“I’m”
> > >
> > > -“I’m what?”
> > >
> > > -"…REALLY a genius"
> > >
> > > -“Yeap, genius indeed…”
> >
> >
> >
> > 10/10 would read again
>
>
> Thank you, sir :slight_smile:

So when does the comic release? Variant editions or not?

> 2533274832164719;7:
> This thread is the good.

This answer to this thread is the good :wink:

> 2533274977797582;9:
> > 2533274816948573;8:
> > > 2533274803562826;4:
> > > I know it’s meant as a joke but I can’t help but feel a small voice in the back of my head telling me this is closer to the truth than we wished.
> >
> >
> >
> > Believe me, unfortunately, I got the same small voice in the back of my head as you… :wink:
>
>
> Haha, I have it too unfortunately :frowning:

Same here.

> 2533274977797582;9:
> > 2533274816948573;8:
> > > 2533274803562826;4:
> > > I know it’s meant as a joke but I can’t help but feel a small voice in the back of my head telling me this is closer to the truth than we wished.
> >
> >
> >
> > Believe me, unfortunately, I got the same small voice in the back of my head as you… :wink:
>
>
> Haha, I have it too unfortunately :frowning:

Don’t ever let it go. This is the voice of truth… :wink:

I remember reading that in an issue of EGM

You set the bar high; great read.

You know what’s scary though, probably more or less true… (I mean, minus the humor fluff)…

So true.
343i should read this post.

It’s funny cause its true

> 2533274845095818;11:
> > 2533274845095818;11:
> > The fact that you took the time to type all of that out saddens me.
>
>
>
> The fact that you took the time to type all of that out saddens me.

I’ve wasted 300+ hours of my life on Destiny, I think it’s a lot more sad than the 15 minutes it took me to write this, sir… :wink: