interesting weapon idea...

I always thought this would make for an interesting Halo weapon.

This is from the film District 9
A little violent…

Basically a heavy weapon(Like the turret/missile pod/flame-thrower)like they are used in Halo 3. I assume it would be an energy weapon, so it would have 100 ammo(battery like Covie weapons) that would be used up when the trigger is pulled and would possibly overheat. When the right trigger is pulled it creates an energy field in front of the weapon that collects incoming bullets/plasma or can pick up small moveable objects(small crates/weapons/traffic cones)and would shoot them away when the trigger is released. I imagine this would work best as a defensive, shield type weapon as most incoming fire(from the front only) would be absorbed, while the debris collected would shoot out very inaccurately(almost like a shotgun round). I think this could make for an interesting Forerunner/Precursor weapon, or possibly even UNSC, that originated in mining work similar to the Scarab. 343i would have to balance this with the rest of the sandbox obviously, and now that I’m writing this, I realize this sounds a lot like the gravity gun from Half-Life…

Ideas or Thoughts?

Happy Splattering :wink:

That sounds like kinesis from dead space but hey that is a very fun concept to toy with. I think it would work better as an armor ability though, that is if they are included. It would also be an interesting secondary use for a weapon, like charging a plasma pistol. that’s a great idea!

Theres something very similar to exosuit from district 9 In one of halo legends called prototype. Would be cool to use something like that in the game.

> I always thought this would make for an interesting Halo weapon.
>
> This is from the film District 9
> A little violent…
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDXZWUb3R0&feature=related
>
> Basically a heavy weapon(Like the turret/missile pod/flame-thrower)like they are used in Halo 3. I assume it would be an energy weapon, so it would have 100 ammo(battery like Covie weapons) that would be used up when the trigger is pulled and would possibly overheat. When the right trigger is pulled it creates an energy field in front of the weapon that collects incoming bullets/plasma or can pick up small moveable objects(small crates/weapons/traffic cones)and would shoot them away when the trigger is released. I imagine this would work best as a defensive, shield type weapon as most incoming fire(from the front only) would be absorbed, while the debris collected would shoot out very inaccurately(almost like a shotgun round). I think this could make for an interesting Forerunner/Precursor weapon, or possibly even UNSC, that originated in mining work similar to the Scarab. 343i would have to balance this with the rest of the sandbox obviously, and now that I’m writing this, I realize this sounds a lot like the gravity gun from Half-Life…
>
> Ideas or Thoughts?
>
> Happy Splattering :wink:

Would be interesting but you just know it’ll get as much hate as armour lock in reach did for stopping easy kills.

Probably, which is a shame… Hypothetical weapon anyway. I’m sure 343i could always do their best to balance it, and it wouldn’t be nearly at common as armor abilities. I honestly never had much of a problem with armor lock other than its CQC uses(AKA-armor lock, melee, armor lock, melee).

I was thinking of the Mass effect 3 demo exosuit the Atlas.

The shield idea is good but how about it can’t freeze Rockets, sniper bullets, Tank shells, and turrets, or what ever the new guns will be like.

It can only freeze guns like the assault rifle and DMR and so on. It would have one rocket gun that if you fired you have to wait 10 secs for it to recharge and it only takes out the shields of a enemy, but it had a light machine gun turret to take out the health.

It would be vulnerable from the back the shield can only be put up in the front and had the defense of maybe a falcon. About 2 rocket hits (directly) would do the job to kill it and one spartan laser or Forerunner laser.