Interesting Video

I gotta say, though I enjoy Halo 5 a lot, I agree with this guy. Any thoughts on it?
Something Halo has been missing is the “Blow my mind” factor. 5 doesn’t actually have this, unless 343i has something surprising planned. I think if Halo wishes to survive it needs to meet that important factor that sets itself from the rest again.

Even though we are on the opposite sides of the coin, I can agree with you that this man is right. We should still stick to the roots of Halo, but we should also still set trends. Let me start us off:

Weather/time of day in forge (I know Far cry did this, but with Halo, it would be so much better)

Include jiralhanae and forerunners as playable species, but they play exactly the same as spartans and sangheili by default.

Talking about species, you should be able to change the traits of each individual species, such as size, speed, strength, unique abilities such as jump pack and camo, what kind of weapons they can pick up, etc. (you guys should expand on this one.

Put in an option that would allow us to choose if a forge piece is destructible or not.

Maybe allow us to choose a faction for each of the species that would change the art direction of our species, say if you choose the Army for Spartans, you would get Reach’s more tanks but functional looking armor, if you choose Navy, you get 4’s sleek and alien armor, or with sangheili if you choose traditional, it is 4’s insectoid versions, or reformist would be 3’s more aerodynamic design, you get what I mean.

Allow us to customize our character’s head for “peaceful” gametypes (AKA, mostly a clan thing), and you’re character’s face would sync in with your’s if you have a kinect (finally make useful), this would help machinima directors a lot.

Allow us to control gravity, sound, light, and ambience in forge.

Hell, allow us to use ACTUAL LIGHTS in forge.

Allow us to make custom forge assets/pieces

Make some actual creative weapons like a plasma rifle that acts more like an artillery gun.

Just a few things that I can name off the top of my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274822366750;2:
> Even though we are on the opposite sides of the coin, I can agree with you that this man is right. We should still stick to the roots of Halo, but we should also still set trends. Let me start us off:
>
> Weather/time of day in forge (I know Far cry did this, but with Halo, it would be so much better)
>
> Include jiralhanae and forerunners as playable species, but they play exactly the same as spartans and sangheili by default.
>
> Talking about species, you should be able to change the traits of each individual species, such as size, speed, strength, unique abilities such as jump pack and camo, what kind of weapons they can pick up, etc. (you guys should expand on this one.
>
> Put in an option that would allow us to choose if a forge piece is destructible or not.
>
> Maybe allow us to choose a faction for each of the species that would change the art direction of our species, say if you choose the Army for Spartans, you would get Reach’s more tanks but functional looking armor, if you choose Navy, you get 4’s sleek and alien armor, or with sangheili if you choose traditional, it is 4’s insectoid versions, or reformist would be 3’s more aerodynamic design, you get what I mean.
>
> Allow us to customize our character’s head for “peaceful” gametypes (AKA, mostly a clan thing), and you’re character’s face would sync in with your’s if you have a kinect (finally make useful), this would help machinima directors a lot.
>
> Allow us to control gravity, sound, light, and ambience in forge.
>
> Hell, allow us to use ACTUAL LIGHTS in forge.
>
> Allow us to make custom forge assets/pieces
>
> Make some actual creative weapons like a plasma rifle that acts more like an artillery gun.
>
> Just a few things that I can name off the top of my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Give this man a medal.

1:00 is spot on. Even now Halo 5’s Matchmaking isn’t much better than the MCC’s. There’s a 60s intermission which, if you actually do stick around for it, will end up bugging out the majority of the time. Thus it’s faster to exit to the main menu and start a new search, yet that still takes awhile as well. If Microsoft wants Halo to last another 30 years, they need to make sure it actually works.

2:45 I would like to agree but I just don’t know. Longer releases allow more time to finish the product, but can you still compete with a franchise that is doing yearly releases? Then again maybe people will be more hyped for a Halo game if they only come out every so often.

4:00 The whole sequel dilemma…don’t entirely agree with this philosophy. CoD has gotten along just fine selling games that aren’t much different from the previous one. “Changes have to make the game better”…to be entirely honest I feel like, even in 2015, Halo Ce is one of the best Halo’s and I know I’m not alone on this. Very rarely do I think the changes made to Halo have actually made it better (though I have to admit one thing I do like about Halo 5 is all the visual and audio cues for everything going on, like seeing how much time until your shield recharges, that is an actual improvement).

7:00 How about something simple such as boats that doesn’t destroy the foundation of the game? Or turning off gravity via an on-map button, like he said in 17:00? Or the concept of throwing objects. :confused:

8:00 Agreed entirely. Which is why most games I find myself buying these days are Indie games who aren’t afraid to try something different…

9:30 Agreeing again. To be honest most of the abilities, such as slide, charge and ground pound, don’t really do much. They’re just sort of…there for the sake of being there. The only two abilities with a significant impact on the game are thruster and sprint, for better or worse.

10:00 What I find interesting though is the only franchises to have ever gained any remote amount of popularity…were franchises that brought something different to the table. Then I look at games like Far Cry, where the multiplayer is essentially CoD verbatim, and no one is playing it.

10:50 Interesting point. I’ve said this before myself. Sure, Halo 4 sold well, but no one played it. If they released Halo 4 again under a different name, it would’ve bombed.

13:50 Isn’t going to happen. You can’t explain to the average casual why blank sucks.

15:50 The guy argues against copying safe features, then he says he wants open world, which so many games have these days.