Interesting thing about Roaming King’s weapons

I finished my first match in this on Backlash a short while ago. Of course, I avoid the BR whenever possible because it’s practically inferior to every other precision weapon. However, I picked one up on the map today and it was the version with stabilizers. I don’t know if this was a map-specific thing, but I guess they’re realizing that the BR tuning was awful. At least, that’s my hope and maybe one day they’ll revert that confounded tuning back to the way it was.

I remember when Halo 5 launched I used my GameStop Sentinel BR. Good times xd

> 2533274856071306;2:
> I remember when Halo 5 launched I used my GameStop Sentinel BR. Good times xd

Great the first req of the GameStop is the best

What playlist were you playing?

> 2727626560040591;4:
> What playlist were you playing?

It’s the new featured playlist in soical

I actually like this game type. It’s fast pace and always moving.

> 2533274810153466;6:
> I actually like this game type. It’s fast pace and always moving.

Yeah same here. Good change of pace. Plenty of power weapons so it doesn’t have to constantly be a pistol fest like every other non-Fiesta playlist.

Kinda misleading title since you are talking about BR…but any who, some of the maps are fan made so who ever made the map decided to use that particular BR, more likely do to them liking that BR. However I am enjoying the playlist quite well. The new maps are great. Would love to seem them in FFA.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Kinda misleading title since you are talking about BR…but any who, some of the maps are fan made so who ever made the map decided to use that particular BR, more likely do to them liking that BR. However I am enjoying the playlist quite well. The new maps are great. Would love to seem them in FFA.

I see your point. Made it slightly less misleading :slight_smile:

I’ve only played a handful but the maps are pretty sweet but the BR in question was only on the map in my first post :-/

I think that BR is only on that map, not all of them.

I like the playlist, but why is there a Wasp on Wash Out? I get there’s a lot of counters to it, but it’s not needed since the map would flow fine without it. After a couple of people on the enemy team quit, it started to dominant like it usually does on maps which creates an unnecessary problem.

> 2533274824050480;1:
> I finished my first match in this on Backlash a short while ago. Of course, I avoid the BR whenever possible because it’s practically inferior to every other precision weapon. However, I picked one up on the map today and it was the version with stabilizers. I don’t know if this was a map-specific thing, but I guess they’re realizing that the BR tuning was awful. At least, that’s my hope and maybe one day they’ll revert that confounded tuning back to the way it was.

Backlash’s Creator Here.

Yeah, pretty much. I don’t like random spread or really any form of spread at all in precision weapons as it adds inconsistency to the a weapon that is heavily dependent on being consistent to do it’s job.

So we used the stabilization jets on the BR to eliminate said spread.

> 2727626560040591;11:
> I like the playlist, but why is there a Wasp on Wash Out? I get there’s a lot of counters to it, but it’s not needed since the map would flow fine without it. After a couple of people on the enemy team quit, it started to dominant like it usually does on maps which creates an unnecessary problem.

I designed the map around the wasp, similar to how Bungie initially wanted a Hornet on Construct but I wanted it fly through the map more.

In testing the wasp was only ever an issue between already imbalanced teams. If the issue is from people quitting cuasing a steamroll that seem more like the quitting being an issue.

I know some don’t like 4v4 with vehicles, but I’ve always loved it even if it’s not considered “competitive”.

I did my best to offer plenty of AA utility on the map for both teams. Sentinels Beams wreck it as the Req Needlers but I often find that many people simply don’t even try to pick them up and kill it.

> 2533274796457055;10:
> I think that BR is only on that map, not all of them.

Yes is True i can confirm it
Halo Never Stop To The Top!

> 2535410901623492;12:
> > 2533274824050480;1:
> > I finished my first match in this on Backlash a short while ago. Of course, I avoid the BR whenever possible because it’s practically inferior to every other precision weapon. However, I picked one up on the map today and it was the version with stabilizers. I don’t know if this was a map-specific thing, but I guess they’re realizing that the BR tuning was awful. At least, that’s my hope and maybe one day they’ll revert that confounded tuning back to the way it was.
>
> Backlash’s Creator Here.
>
> Yeah, pretty much. I don’t like random spread or really any form of spread at all in precision weapons as it adds inconsistency to the a weapon that is heavily dependent on being consistent to do it’s job.
>
> So we used the stabilization jets on the BR to eliminate said spread.

That’s a perfect justification. Thank you for choosing to do so. It’s even more important to have a consistent weapon in Halo 5 considering how much extra movement there is. And props on a job well done on the map :slight_smile: I loved playing on it.

> 2535410901623492;13:
> In testing the wasp was only ever an issue between already imbalanced teams. If the issue is from people quitting cuasing a steamroll that seem more like the quitting being an issue.
>
> I know some don’t like 4v4 with vehicles, but I’ve always loved it even if it’s not considered “competitive”.

So it’s an issue with imbalanced teams in testing and this playlist is going into social matchmaking which can have lots of instances with imbalanced teams. Do you see how this can be an issue? I get that you wanted it like Construct, but to me it just adds an even bigger problem in an environment that isn’t perfect matchmaking.

I don’t mind vehicles in 4v4 as long as it’s reasonable, but the Wasp is literally the worst vehicle you can put in normal Arena matchmaking. It’s almost impossible to board, you can only throw plasma nades at it so good luck hitting it, its rockets are a one hit kill with a direct hit, it has low armor, but it can survive a good while if only loadout weapons are hitting it, and it hovers so you can’t escape by hiding behind things. I have no idea why Forgers like it so much, but if there had to have a vehicle, I’d rather have a Ghost on the map.

> 2727626560040591;16:
> > 2535410901623492;13:
> > In testing the wasp was only ever an issue between already imbalanced teams. If the issue is from people quitting cuasing a steamroll that seem more like the quitting being an issue.
> >
> > I know some don’t like 4v4 with vehicles, but I’ve always loved it even if it’s not considered “competitive”.
>
> So it’s an issue with imbalanced teams in testing and this playlist is going into social matchmaking which can have lots of instances with imbalanced teams. Do you see how this can be an issue? I get that you wanted it like Construct, but to me it just adds an even bigger problem in an environment that isn’t perfect matchmaking.
>
> I don’t mind vehicles in 4v4 as long as it’s reasonable, but the Wasp is literally the worst vehicle you can put in normal Arena matchmaking. It’s almost impossible to board, you can only throw plasma nades at it so good luck hitting it, its rockets are a one hit kill with a direct hit, it has low armor, but it can survive a good while if only loadout weapons are hitting it, and it hovers so you can’t escape by hiding behind things. I have no idea why Forgers like it so much, but if there had to have a vehicle, I’d rather have a Ghost on the map.

I think it would be better if there were better weapons to combat the wasp. For example seclusion has a ghost but there is a hydra, laser, plasma pistol and splitter grenades on the map. Maybe if there was another weapon like a spatan laser or plasma caster on the map it wouldn’t make the wasp so dominating on the map. I just played the map and pretty much dominated the game with the wasp. By the time they could take me down the game was essentially out of reach for them.