Interesting ideas for future Halo Novels?

I thought of one:

“Reclaimer, when I indexed mankind for repopulation, I hid seeds from the Didact. Seeds which would lead to an eventuality. Your physical evolution. Your combat skin. Even your ancilla, Cortana. You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning.” -Librarian to Master Chief

What if they wrote a new one, involving the Master Chief’s ancestory? It’d be an interesting way to link this century (2000s) to the time Halo is set in.
The storylines could involve his ancestors, and their children, and so forth, leading up to the birth of the Chief in the 2500s. It could also involve every day issues which have eventual implications for the future that Halo is set.
Also, to a lesser extent, an added storyline of the people who created Cortana’s system over time, and the events causing this software to be created, etc. (or something more interesting…)
Either way, I think there’s potential here. The writers could also interweave the stories, going back-and-forth, even linking them up somehow?

Any others you guys can think of?

The events that led to the formation of the UNSC and the UN’s violent clashes with the Frieden and Koslovic rebels in the 2160’s.

A Nylund novel (seriously, Microsoft, just pay the man so enormously he can’t refuse if that’s the issue) acting as a proper exploration of the post-Covenant War Halo universe, instead of the tunnel vision view we got with the Kilo-Five books. Featuring clarifications on things like Gamma Company, where the Onyx Sentinels are at, the extent of the postwar Covenants and more info on the colony worlds and possible space habitats of the Covenant species, Mendez’s recovery from his apparent mental breakdown in Glasslands, ONI’s exploration of Trevelyan, etc. There’s just so much that was ignored in Kilo-Five it’s not even funny.

Excerpts of the various dialogues that Graveminds have had. Ur-Didact, Mendicant Bias, Penitent Tangent, Cortana, etc.