Interesting HUD Findings on Perk System

At 1:58 in the ViDoc, there is a very important scene which shows many HUD elements that are not present in the other multiplayer shots.

1. Top Left Corner - We find the icon for the Jet Pack/Thruster Pack, along with the energy bar associated with it
  2. Right Below #1, we find what appears to be a set of grenades, and next to it it says “Grenadier”
  3. Related with #2, when checking the grenade HUD at the top right, we find that the player has 3 frag grenades. Now normally in Halo 3 you would only receive 2 maximum, but with this “Grenadier” speck, the player ends up getting 3. This shows off the new perk system that 343 hinted at.
  4. On the bottom right corner where it would normally show the gametype, it does not say just BR Slayer like the rest of the film, but: M-Slayer UR. What this means is anyone’s guess. Probably just development code names.

Any ideas about the gametype? Any “perks” or loadouts you might like to see?

Here is a picture indicating #2 and #3, credit to Blulit3flam3 for his hard work.

I didnt notice any of that… nice find, perks like the supposed grenadier would be perfectly fine and i think would be a good addition to the game

…I don’t knwo what to say about this.

#2 is part of the map not the HUD. Look at it again.

Whoops looks like I misspoke here.

Nice eye, I think you may have figured it out.

I do not see what you are talking about.

Edit: It clearly say’s “Grenadier” up in the top left and the player has 3 grenades.

There is also a type of booster pack above that in the very top left hand corner. Very light.

> At 1:58 in the ViDoc, there is a very important scene which shows many HUD elements that are not present in the other multiplayer shots.
>
> 1. Top Left Corner - We find the icon for the Jet Pack/Thruster Pack, along with the energy bar associated with it
> <mark>2. Right Below #1, we find what appears to be a set of grenades, and next to it it says “Grenadier”</mark>
> <mark>3. Related with #2, when checking the grenade HUD at the top right, we find that the player has 3 frag grenades. Now normally in Halo 3 you would only receive 2 maximum, but with this “Grenadier” speck, the player ends up getting 3. This shows off the new perk system that 343 hinted at.</mark>
>
> 4. On the bottom right corner where it would normally show the gametype, it does not say just BR Slayer like the rest of the film, but: M-Slayer UR. What this means is anyone’s guess. Probably just development code names.

I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!! that actually seems like it would be a good perk ! maybe you just figured it out, like every perk has something LITTLE like that, but it changes gameplay in someway.

Extra Grenades=Grenadier
Extra Ammo=____
etc, i cant rele think of any other lol

I think grenadier might be his loadout.

What if Grenadier is the name of the armor?

Well hey, at least now we can tell who’s going to spam grenades and snipe them before they spam grenades, right?

> …I don’t knwo what to say about this.

Then why did you even reply?

That doesn’t really look like a jetpack/thruster pack to me really. It looks REALLY familiar but I can’t remember where I’ve seen it.

I think that the perk system will be a great addition to Halo if done like this. I would not like it however if the perk system effected shield strength.

> I think that the perk system will be a great addition to Halo if done like this. I would not like it however if the perk system effected shield strength.

What if it effected shield strength at the cost of shield regen? (Slower regen time for more shields)

> I think that the perk system will be a great addition to Halo if done like this. I would not like it however if the perk system effected shield strength.

I doubt 343 is gonna take perks to that extreme… slight changes due to perks in like ammo amount, grenades, AA energy, or other similar aspects will actually make the game better like you said

Time will tell… looks frigging amazing ill say that

I noticed that little bar the first time through. Looks like an AA meter.

Ya, if Halo 4 has perks like the grenadier one your talking about I’d be fine with that. As long as the perks don’t effect damage or shield strengths, I am perfectly fine with perks.

Agreed, as long as it doesnt effect weapon accuracy/damage or give players more shields or something unfair like that, little perks like more grenades or quieter footsteps would be alright in social playlists. Just none of that -Yoink- in competitive play lists plz.

> > I think that the perk system will be a great addition to Halo if done like this. I would not like it however if the perk system effected shield strength.
>
> What if it effected shield strength at the cost of shield regen? (Slower regen time for more shields)

I would be okay with that if it was done right. Perks are a touchy subject, 343i needs to be extra careful of what they do with them.

I’m really excited for perks, especially if they are like this Grenadier perk. I want perks to allow me to mold my perks to fit my playing style. Halo is a sandbox game after all. I play using more long range than short range, preferring to be stealthy and try to out thinking my opponents. In objective games I’ll often sacrifice myself if it means that the rest of my team can score a point. It would be awesome if I could mold my perks to reflect that, I would be ecstatic if this is the direction 343i took them.

i would actually be fine with this perk. so long as all of the perks are this minor, i dont have a beef with them

what if the perks were that minor?! id be fine with thatt, you sir have found something very interesting. you should make a thread so people can speculate what the other ‘perks’ are gonna be like, that are somewhat related to this one

Extra Grenades?
Extra Ammo?
Maybe faster walking speed?
Higher jumping?

what else do u guys think? i think the first 2 are alot more realistic