Interesting full concept art poster from 1UP

In this blog from 1UP, they have many games, but if u scroll down, you’ll see that familiar art of the ships rising up, with the Inception like music from the art glimpse video. I found interesting a full view of this art piece. Anyways fellow fans, here’s the link, and enjoy!
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9092965

Thanks for posting!

Good job

Gives him a slap on the -Yoink- and a cold beer

Woah, it really makes a difference when you see the full piece of concept art without them having taken out pieces. Looks very interesting and curious… Makes me excited for the final game :slight_smile:

Very interesting image. Really excited to see just what that turns out to be in game! Certainly piqued my interest :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting!

Here’s a direct link for the lazy

[deleted]

They look like Forerunner drop pods to me.

what you could bid on a tour through bungie studios and get a preview of the new game … WOAH

on topic: Yeah nice indeed

At this point, it seems ONI or the UNSC have some sort of presence on/in this planet/structure.

> Here’s a direct link for the lazy

thank you good sir

regards,

the lazy

> At this point, it seems ONI or the UNSC have some sort of presence on/in this planet/structure.

Which is -Yoink-.

> > At this point, it seems ONI or the UNSC have some sort of presence on/in this planet/structure.
>
> Which is -Yoink!-.

If its explained properly, it could open up some very interesting story concepts.

Although, for all we know, those ships could belong to some race we’ve never even heard of (like, for example, the ship from the terminal in CEA).

I’ll wait for more detail beofre I cast any judgement.

Is that the 7th column logo? Isn’t that trademarked? (At the back, the 3rd ship is angled towards it, it’s upside down)

And about those Duke controllers, I heard about the retro-fitting and was thinking about seeing if I could get that done to my S’s but at $1,500 there is no way unless someone found a way to do it for $200 at most

> > > At this point, it seems ONI or the UNSC have some sort of presence on/in this planet/structure.
> >
> > Which is -Yoink!-.
>
> If its explained properly, it could open up some very interesting story concepts.
>
> Although, for all we know, those ships could belong to some race we’ve never even heard of (like, for example, the ship from the terminal in CEA).
>
> I’ll wait for more detail beofre I cast any judgement.

I don’t think it can be. Bias sent Chief that way to serve as an atonement to the Forerunners. It implies there are Forerunners around. So if ONI or the UNSC have been there for a while, why was no contact ever made? Just seems odd they would wait for the Chief before doing anything.

Maybe they are out of range and stranded. Kind of like the Spirit of Fire, and why they were never able to make it back to the UNSC to warn them about the Flood 20 years before the incident in Installation 04. Only, rather than floating around like the SOF, they began to almost colonize the Forerunner world and uncover some of its secrets. Maybe this whole thing is an ONI conspiracy. The human possibilities are endless.

Bumping so more people can see this

I don’t know; the entire scene looks very un-humanlike to me. What about those small things floating around the middle-to-left portion of the picture? What about that other ship at the very bottom of the portrait, in between the two platforms? Plus, those two smaller ships with the fins on the right side of the concept art look very un-UNSC like, IMO. Plus, has there ever been UNSC ships that resemble the tops of those ships: the small nose curve, with the two beams sticking out like devil horns? All of these little things make me think that this is either a different race (the mysterious race that could be inside the crashed CEA terminal ship), or something other than the UNSC.

> I don’t know; the entire scene looks very un-humanlike to me. <mark>What about those small things floating around the middle-to-left portion of the picture?</mark> What about that other ship at the very bottom of the portrait, in between the two platforms? Plus, those two smaller ships with the fins on the right side of the concept art look very un-UNSC like, IMO. Plus, has there ever been UNSC ships that resemble the tops of those ships: the small nose curve, with the two beams sticking out like devil horns? All of these little things make me think that this is either a different race (the mysterious race that could be inside the crashed CEA terminal ship), or something other than the UNSC.

I think they could be sentinels, it reminded me a lot of the cutscene in Halo Wars where they were passing through the shield world and some sentinels were inspecting the ship.

As for the (supposed) UNSC ships, they may look that way because they could very well have covenant/forerunner tech incorporated in them sort of like the UNSC Infinity.

> > I don’t know; the entire scene looks very un-humanlike to me. <mark>What about those small things floating around the middle-to-left portion of the picture?</mark> What about that other ship at the very bottom of the portrait, in between the two platforms? Plus, those two smaller ships with the fins on the right side of the concept art look very un-UNSC like, IMO. Plus, has there ever been UNSC ships that resemble the tops of those ships: the small nose curve, with the two beams sticking out like devil horns? All of these little things make me think that this is either a different race (the mysterious race that could be inside the crashed CEA terminal ship), or something other than the UNSC.
>
> I think they could be sentinels, it reminded me a lot of the cutscene in Halo Wars where they were passing through the shield world and some sentinels were inspecting the ship.
>
> As for the (supposed) UNSC ships, they may look that way because they could very well have covenant/forerunner tech incorporated in them sort of like the UNSC Infinity.

True, but would the UNSC have enough time to mass-produce ships with incorporated Forerunner/Covy tech? Halo 4 likely starts less than 15 years after Halo 3; I don’t really think that’s enough time to make so many ships, all with incorporated technology.