instead of remastering Reach

Why not just keep the old game, but release a major update for it? I don’t know the technicalities of this, but I think that instead of just making a brand new game, just keep the old one, add new maps, new armor, maybe some more game modes and overall just revive the game. I know that this wouldn’t be as lucrative as having people buy an all out new game, but it would make many halo players, maybe even a majority of them, myself included, extremely happy. you could possibly sell the update as an expansion pack, that way its a win/win, we keep all of our stats, progress and levels, and 343 makes some money as well.

Heres what the expansion pack (payed for) could include:

• Purple flaming helmet: for those who pre order the pack
  • Crimson visor: (jorges visor) unlockable item
  • New maps, both firefight and multiplayer
  • New armor, maybe some experimental gear or something like that (maybe 5 helmets, 3 chest plates, 2 of each shoulder pads, 2 wrists, 2 utilities and 2 knee pads)
  • Firefight forge/custom games (does not affect firefight stats, just for fun)

Here’s some thing that would just be included in the update

• New / returning playlists/maps (like pinnacle and sword base & safe havens in infection for example)
  • graphical updates

if anyone has any ideas, questions or comments (constructive preferably) id love to hear them

> 2533274850734574;1:
> Why not just keep the old game, but release a major update for it? I don’t know the technicalities of this, but I think that instead of just making a brand new game, just keep the old one, add new maps, new armor, maybe some more game modes and overall just revive the game. I know that this wouldn’t be as lucrative as having people buy an all out new game, but it would make many halo players, maybe even a majority of them, myself included, extremely happy. you could possibly sell the update as an expansion pack, that way its a win/win, we keep all of our stats, progress and levels, and 343 makes some money as well.
>
> Heres what the expansion pack (payed for) could include:
> * Purple flaming helmet: for those who pre order the pack
> * Crimson visor: (jorges visor) unlockable item
> * New maps, both firefight and multiplayer
> * New armor, maybe some experimental gear or something like that (maybe 5 helmets, 3 chest plates, 2 of each shoulder pads, 2 wrists, 2 utilities and 2 knee pads)
> * Firefight forge/custom games (does not affect firefight stats, just for fun)
>
> Here’s some thing that would just be included in the update
> * New / returning playlists/maps (like pinnacle and sword base & safe havens in infection for example)
> * graphical updates
>
> if anyone has any ideas, questions or comments (constructive preferably) id love to hear them

I think it’s a good idea. Since we couldn’t get out Halo 3 Anniversary, maybe something other than a remastered game could work. As you said, an expansion.

Purple flaming helmet: Don’t really know what to say;
Crimson visor: I agree
New maps: Who knows? Perhaps some from Halo 4 and 5?
New armor: As long as it sticks to Reach’s style of armor without having ones that look ugly or stupid, I’m fine with that;
Firefight Forge/Custom Games: Being able to customize Firefight maps is cool, but creating Custom Games maps is already a possibility. What do you exactly mean by this anyway?

If they’re going through the trouble of adding new content, they may as well re-skin the game with new graphics and release it as a remaster.

And I’d still buy it in a heart beat.

> 2533274850734574;1:
> Why not just keep the old game, but release a major update for it? I don’t know the technicalities of this, but I think that instead of just making a brand new game, just keep the old one, add new maps, new armor, maybe some more game modes and overall just revive the game. I know that this wouldn’t be as lucrative as having people buy an all out new game, but it would make many halo players, maybe even a majority of them, myself included, extremely happy. you could possibly sell the update as an expansion pack, that way its a win/win, we keep all of our stats, progress and levels, and 343 makes some money as well.
>
> Heres what the expansion pack (payed for) could include:
> * Purple flaming helmet: for those who pre order the pack
> * Crimson visor: (jorges visor) unlockable item
> * New maps, both firefight and multiplayer
> * New armor, maybe some experimental gear or something like that (maybe 5 helmets, 3 chest plates, 2 of each shoulder pads, 2 wrists, 2 utilities and 2 knee pads)
> * Firefight forge/custom games (does not affect firefight stats, just for fun)
>
> Here’s some thing that would just be included in the update
> * New / returning playlists/maps (like pinnacle and sword base & safe havens in infection for example)
> * graphical updates
>
> if anyone has any ideas, questions or comments (constructive preferably) id love to hear them

I’d rather a graphical upgrade up to H5 quality with support to name plates again elite officer and all that stuff coming back and possibly flaming heads. A “major update” that you’d have to pay for would only attract bad PR as we normally get free updates in modern games and the current Halo. The update itself would probably poorly sell given how old the game is even the map packs are free now.

> 2533274875834611;3:
> If they’re going through the trouble of adding new content, they may as well re-skin the game with new graphics and release it as a remaster.
>
> And I’d still buy it in a heart beat.

as would I, but I would prefer to keep my stats and level

> 2535434052370799;4:
> > 2533274850734574;1:
> >
>
> I’d rather a graphical upgrade up to H5 quality with support to name plates again elite officer and all that stuff coming back and possibly flaming heads. A “major update” that you’d have to pay for would only attract bad PR as we normally get free updates in modern games and the current Halo. The update itself would probably poorly sell given how old the game is even the map packs are free now.

I honestly think that the halo 5 graphics are somewhat cartoonish compared to reach, but the elite officer and the red flaming helmet are legendary edition exclusives, and the nameplates and blue flaming helmet are locked for a reason and will not be unlocked, ever… unfortunately…

> 2533275010817669;2:
> > 2533274850734574;1:
> >
>
> Purple flaming helmet: Don’t really know what to say;

or whichever color 343 would like to choose

Lord Messoric - Please don’t post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information

I would rather it look nicer and be on the one to play smoother as well
if they add stuff too I won’t complain