Instead of having another Blood Gulch remake

I think it’s time to have another Spiritual successor to Blood Gulch, like Valhalla was with Halo 3. “This bloody Gulch” has been remade a couple of times already (e.g. Coagulation and Hemorrhage) and Valhalla was remade into Ragnarok, which was great of course because it was only done once so far. Anyway I think its time to have a map that’s inspired by both Blood Gulch and Valhalla, to start with the idea of the map you obviously have your two bases in the middle of a box canyon. That’s all I can think of right now.

What would you like to see, a Spiritual successor or just an overdone remake?

Why is “None of the above” not an option?

> Why is “None of the above” not an option?

This^

I can’t stand either Blood Gulch nor Vahalla and I don’t think a spiritual successor would be much better.

I’ve never understood why Blood Gulch and Valhalla are such popular maps.
Because it is easy to get kills on them?

When you look at their architecture they are two of the worst and most uninspired designed maps of Halo with one of the worst and most stale gameplays in my opinion.

> I’ve never understood why Blood Gulch and Valhalla are such popular maps.
> Because it is easy to get kills on them?
>
> When you look at their architecture they are two of the worst and most uninspired designed maps of Halo with one of the worst and most stale gameplays in my opinion.

Vahalla is especially bad with the Mantis leeching out the majority of the map and bringing map flow to a halt.

Yeah, I’m more for them doing something different. Besides, they won’t capture the magic of Blood Gulch.

Yeeeaaahh, that didn’t really come to my mind because usually in every Halo game that has online Multiplayer there is always a map that is considered or is the “Blood Gulch” of each game; Halo 2: Coagulation, Halo 3: Valhalla, Halo Reach: Hemorrhage, and Halo 4: Ragnarok. So yeah that’s why it didn’t come to my mind to put it up there. If you think none of the above is good that’s fine with me.

I’d rather not have either a Blood Gulch or Valhalla remake, to be perfectly honest. A spiritual successor that’s unique and interesting? Sure, why not, I could go for that. But no remakes of these maps, please.

> > Why is “None of the above” not an option?
>
> Yeeeaaahh, that didn’t really come to my mind because usually in every Halo game that has online Multiplayer there is always a map that is considered or is the “Blood Gulch” of each game; Halo 2: Coagulation, Halo 3: Valhalla, Halo Reach: Hemorrhage, and Halo 4: Ragnarok. So yeah that’s why it didn’t come to my mind to put it up there. If you think none of the above is good that’s fine with me.

Yeaaaahhhhh and I’m tired of the same maps over and over.

> > > Why is “None of the above” not an option?
> >
> > Yeeeaaahh, that didn’t really come to my mind because usually in every Halo game that has online Multiplayer there is always a map that is considered or is the “Blood Gulch” of each game; Halo 2: Coagulation, Halo 3: Valhalla, Halo Reach: Hemorrhage, and Halo 4: Ragnarok. So yeah that’s why it didn’t come to my mind to put it up there. If you think none of the above is good that’s fine with me.
>
> Yeaaaahhhhh and I’m tired of the same maps over and over.

Understandable.

> > I’ve never understood why Blood Gulch and Valhalla are such popular maps.
> > Because it is easy to get kills on them?
> >
> > When you look at their architecture they are two of the worst and most uninspired designed maps of Halo with one of the worst and most stale gameplays in my opinion.
>
> Vahalla is especially bad with the Mantis leeching out the majority of the map and bringing map flow to a halt.

True, though that map hasn’t much flow anyway.

Blood Gulch worked for Halo CE and 2’s gameplay, and Valhalla worked for Halo 3’s. I’d prefer a successor just because I don’t know how the gameplay is going to turn out, so they should go with whatever map design works best for that gameplay.

> <mark>I’ve never understood why Blood Gulch and Valhalla are such popular maps.</mark>
> Because it is easy to get kills on them?
>
> When you look at their architecture they are two of the worst and most uninspired designed maps of Halo with one of the worst and most stale gameplays in my opinion.

Blood Gulch, for me was because of the RVB series, Valhalla, I don’t know other than that map being enjoyable.

I barely touched Blood Gulch/Coagulation when I played CE/2. My fondest memories are from RvB. So no real opinion from me on how they played.

I did playa lot of Valhalla/Ragnarok on Halo 3/4. They’re decent offerings with a goodly amount of open space and somewhat interesting topology. What I like about them is they’re big enough but not overcrowded to allow for some decent vehicle combat and decent scoped combat. And you can put a variety of power weapons on the map without them being abused. It’s long-range combat, and that certainly has a place in Halo if you ask me.

I played a lot of Hemorrhage in Reach. It was an ideal DMR and Vehicle map. The Plasma Launcher was an excellent choice for map ordinance. Of all the variants, this is probably my favorite.

Sometimes we just a want relatively open space that promotes vehicular slaughter or teamwork. We don’t want to constantly be driving into obstructions or off the map. And some of us love our long-range DMRs, not the medium-range BR/Carbine.

That’s the appeal for me, anyway.

So if Halo 5 has a spiritual successor, I’d want 2 bases in a box canyon with hilly terrain in between. Sprinkle in long-range weapons and a healthy dose of vehicles and I’ll be happy.

I want sandtrap back.
With mechs, it would be an amazing map to play on.

I think a new successor would be nice if they can do it right, but I honestly don’t care if they keep remaking Blood Gulch for every Halo game. It’s almost like a Halo tradition in my opinion.

Snowbound remake!

I don’t want either. I want a logical continuation of Blood Gulch. Bungie did it right and added a layer to the bases with Coagulation and they then abandoned the map and redesigned it with that irritating hill in Halo 3.

I want something changing the Blood Gulch map itself, but still making it Blood Gulch. Maybe make the canyons walls collapsed a bit to add an extra cliff/hill on the side of the map. Perhaps add an extra base area in the middle that is small and unobtrusive (unlike Valhalla’s hill). Something that continues the Blood Gulch “story” of sorts, but still plays both the same and different at the same time. Coagulation allowed multiple entrances into and out of the base improving CTF games and making it still a vehicle supreme map. With Valhalla vehicles were greatly marginalized and it was worse on Ragnarok thanks to on spawn plasmas. Now you can’t risk driving a Warthog or ghost on the map since infantry destroy them all.

> I want sandtrap back.
> With mechs, it would be an amazing map to play on.

I don’t think the Mantis would work well on Sandtrap at all.

Yup.

It’s not even a good map ffs. I don’t understand people’s love affair with it.