Instead of a Remake...

…343 should just bring the original Halo 2 back online.

It needs no remake.

That is all

> …343 should just bring the original Halo 2 back online.
>
> It needs no remake.
>
>
>
> That is all

Yeah, I don’t know what it would be called, it has to be redone in order for the current and future servers to recognize it. It’s more than just putting it back online…maybe remaster or something.

I’m with you, we don’t need any bells or whistles for H2, just give it back somehow. Hell, we’ll even pay millions of dollars to have it done. Win win.

Impossible, original xbox live is dead, it has nothing to do with 343.

No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.

If the original servers were to be brought back so would the rest of orginial xbox live. It can’t happen because of previous xbox system updates.

> No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.

Why the insult? Vista is not Live and a lot of people just plain don’t want to use the computer for games when it can be used for useful things by the other people that live with you. Consoles work well that way. Besides, Vista is not as good, they copied a lot of aspects but not everything about Live so those who simply say play Vista probably never experienced Live when H2 was released.

The experienced CE players hated the REACH MP thing and MP flopped. Some just want H2 back, not a bunch of weapons an equipment that doesn’t belong there.

> > No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.
>
> Why the insult? Vista is not Live and a lot of people just plain don’t want to use the computer for games when it can be used for useful things by the other people that live with you. Consoles work well that way. Besides, Vista is not as good, they copied a lot of aspects but not everything about Live so those who simply say play Vista probably never experienced Live when H2 was released.
>
> The experienced CE players hated the REACH MP thing and MP flopped. Some just want H2 back, not a bunch of weapons an equipment that doesn’t belong there.

I didn’t insult anyone. Halo 2 multiplayer is very unlikely to come back. If 343i thinks the the community won’t accept H2A without multiplayer, chances are they won’t bother making it. That scenario would be unacceptable. Of course H2V isn’t conventional Xbox LIVE, but it still allows for the original multiplayer to be played. Halo 2’s Campaign was a very important aspect of the game and it deserves the Anniversary treatment just like the first game. Everything else, including multiplayer, comes second.

> > > No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.
> >
> > Why the insult? Vista is not Live and a lot of people just plain don’t want to use the computer for games when it can be used for useful things by the other people that live with you. Consoles work well that way. Besides, Vista is not as good, they copied a lot of aspects but not everything about Live so those who simply say play Vista probably never experienced Live when H2 was released.
> >
> > The experienced CE players hated the REACH MP thing and MP flopped. Some just want H2 back, not a bunch of weapons an equipment that doesn’t belong there.
>
> I didn’t insult anyone. Halo 2 multiplayer is very unlikely to come back. If 343i thinks the the community won’t accept H2A without multiplayer, chances are they won’t bother making it. That scenario would be unacceptable. Of course H2V isn’t conventional Xbox LIVE, but it still allows for the original multiplayer to be played. Halo 2’s Campaign was a very important aspect of the game and it deserves the Anniversary treatment just like the first game. Everything else, including multiplayer, comes second.

Yeah? What would you say if H2A CMP used all weapons from another game and all equipment including armor lock from another game? It wouldn’t be Halo 2 anymore.

Vista allows some variants to be played but not all. Combine that with a population that plays mostly console and a large segment would be getting screwed.

To just offhandedly tell someone to go play Vista in place of a remake is definitely an insult. Why even remake CMP, you can just go pick up Vista? There, we don’t need any remake, Vista has us covered.

Besides, MS is here to make money, they would not call off a remake just because people want the original. They’ve already proved that by giving us the crap CEA MP. So you reasoning that MP could blow the whole thing does not make sense. MS will do whatever they want to make money.

> > > > No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.
> > >
> > > Why the insult? Vista is not Live and a lot of people just plain don’t want to use the computer for games when it can be used for useful things by the other people that live with you. Consoles work well that way. Besides, Vista is not as good, they copied a lot of aspects but not everything about Live so those who simply say play Vista probably never experienced Live when H2 was released.
> > >
> > > The experienced CE players hated the REACH MP thing and MP flopped. Some just want H2 back, not a bunch of weapons an equipment that doesn’t belong there.
> >
> > I didn’t insult anyone. Halo 2 multiplayer is very unlikely to come back. If 343i thinks the the community won’t accept H2A without multiplayer, chances are they won’t bother making it. That scenario would be unacceptable. Of course H2V isn’t conventional Xbox LIVE, but it still allows for the original multiplayer to be played. Halo 2’s Campaign was a very important aspect of the game and it deserves the Anniversary treatment just like the first game. Everything else, including multiplayer, comes second.
>
> Yeah? What would you say if H2A CMP used all weapons from another game and all equipment including armor lock from another game? It wouldn’t be Halo 2 anymore.
>
> Vista allows some variants to be played but not all. Combine that with a population that plays mostly console and a large segment would be getting screwed.
>
> To just offhandedly tell someone to go play Vista in place of a remake is definitely an insult. Why even remake CMP, you can just go pick up Vista? There, we don’t need any remake, Vista has us covered.
>
> Besides, MS is here to make money, they would not call off a remake just because people want the original. They’ve already proved that by giving us the crap CEA MP. So you reasoning that MP could blow the whole thing does not make sense. MS will do whatever they want to make money.

Friend, we must stop this madness! Our grand Halo 2 alliance is shattering into two factions; Campaign and Multiplayer. This can’t happen or it will undermine everything we have posted for. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Multiplayer would be nice, but it’s unlikely. The Campaign, however, is far more likely, and it’s what I’m personally excited about. As you have seen in numerous Halo 2: Anniversary threads, if anything threatens it, I get very passionate.

> Friend, we must stop this madness! Our grand Halo 2 alliance is shattering into two factions; Campaign and Multiplayer. This can’t happen or it will undermine everything we have posted for. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> The Multiplayer would be nice, but it’s unlikely. The Campaign, however, is far more likely, and it’s what I’m personally excited about. As you have seen in numerous Halo 2: Anniversary threads, if anything threatens it, I get very passionate.

No worries, we’re good.

Only with the Campaign remaked im happy

It’s not going to be as hard as you would think to bring the Halo 2 game to current servers. They just need to change a few things and re-release the game for a cheaper price. Like $20 maybe? They only need to change the disc and update the game’s menus so they can work with the 360. Remember, the Xbox Guide can’t work while Original Xbox games are running. They just have to tweak the game a bit and there you go. Halo 2 is on 360 officially. New, boxed, and as old as ever. Graphics will most likely stay the same, but who cares, right?

> It’s not going to be as hard as you would think to bring the Halo 2 game to current servers. They just need to change a few things and re-release the game for a cheaper price. Like $20 maybe? They only need to change the disc and update the game’s menus so they can work with the 360. Remember, the Xbox Guide can’t work while Original Xbox games are running. They just have to tweak the game a bit and there you go. Halo 2 is on 360 officially. New, boxed, and as old as ever. Graphics will most likely stay the same, but who cares, right?

Well, I like what you are saying. It sounds too good to be true but here’s hoping. Everything the same. I was wondering, can’t they make 2 emulators, one to play on the 360 better and one to play H2 Live? They screwed up on the first one but what if they could make a perfect emulator that would run on Live, is there any way an emulator would help to communicate with today’s servers? I don’t know anything about emulators so I could be way off base.

I can’t see there being a Multiplayer for H2A (If we get an H2A.)

I REALLLLLYYYYY Want there to be a Multiplayer, don’t get me wrong. I just think they wouldn’t want to interfere with the Multiplayer base of other titles like Halo 4 and Halo 5 or erm… says under breath Reach…

Maybe a compromise could be made. We get a High Def Halo 2 Campaign, and a (Low Res/ Original Graphics) Custom Games Browser (Similar to H2Vista) with Dedicated Servers.

Now THAT I could see happening. Matchmaking and the whole nine yards however is pretty unlikely. ;_; Wow it hurts to say that…

eh, halo 2 campaign is what made me play the game for. that’s my most desire for the remake.

Yeah, I’d love for Halo 2’s multiplayer to return. However I also wouldn’t mind having Halo 2’s campaign updated in a similar manner To Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Both seem like great ideas, and perhaps both could be intertwined some how?

Also, was there any need for a biased poll? If you’re opinion has merits, lots of people will probably agree with you.

wait. why are both options “yes”?

No. I would gladly pay $100 for a Halo 2 Anniversary with updated HD graphics, achievements, terminals, and the errors and retcons fixed.

> No thanks, I don’t care about Halo 2’s multiplayer. I care about the Campaign, and I’d like to see it remastered like CE was. A H2A map pack for Halo 4 would be fine. If you really want to play Halo 2’s multiplayer bad enough, pick up Vista.

Agreed, tho i did love H2s online as much as i did H3, it just has to stop.

Campaign is what Halo is all about, multiplayer, yes is also a big part of it.

Halo 2 badly needs Anniversary. It’s emphasis on graphics meant it lost a lot of immersion.

CE had a bigger draw distance, bigger FoV, more AI numbers, AI didn’t get deleted when you outdistanced them, vehicles were sustained even after you triggered loading points, infinite checkpoint delaying, greater cutscene manipulation (actual bipeds, AI were still functioning in cutscenes), and even a better fall distance.

Halo 3 brought some of this stuff back but with it’s less interesting skulls, smaller slow paced campaign, and more stricter enforcing (invisible barriers, killing AI off, killing player off, no glitching the fall barrier, can’t turn on/off skulls without restarting level), it was pointless and a disappointment.

Whereas Halo 2 is the perfect opportunity for restoration. It’s already got loads of glitches and tricks, better exploration, and better skulls. With all the stuff that was discarded for graphics returning, it’s potential will be off the charts! Halo 2 will feel complete.