Instant Respawn.

Its something that always bothered me. Killing several enemy team players and having to die by their hands without even having time to regain shield.

Its too random.

I could go around hypothesizing good and bad reasons why they did this but I prefer not to.

I wonder why the heck people complained about the “X” marker if they only get to see it for half a second. Complaining about it and not complaining about the instant respawn is kind of useless.

instant respawn has had its turn.

Wow, I guess I’m alone here.

Its changed the cometetive aspect of the game. It used to be dying was a punishment. You were taken out of the game for 5-6 seconds…Now with instant spawn, who cares if you die?

although i hate downtime, i think they should boost it to 3 sec minimum.

especially in small maps makes no sense to kill some1 and them get killed when your shields were down

also, being able to continue on multikill streak (killtacular killmanjaro,etc) after dying makes no sense…

> although i hate downtime, i think they should boost it to 3 sec minimum.
>
> especially in small maps makes no sense to kill some1 and them get killed when your shields were down
>
> also, being able to continue on multikill streak (killtacular killmanjaro,etc) after dying makes no sense…

They’ve always done that, they just made it easier in 4, as they increased the time limit. Instant respawns don’t work well with shields.

I clearly don’t believe instant respawn is that big deal. In Quakes and UTs there was instant respawn as well, and still they were pretty much “competitive”. It was normal that person who just won fight has to be more careful. And there wasn’t regenerating health.
Now we have 2013 and being careful for 6 or 7 seconds is such a problem?

> I clearly don’t believe instant respawn is that big deal. In Quakes and UTs there was instant respawn as well, and still they were pretty much “competitive”. It was normal that person who just won fight has to be more careful. And there wasn’t regenerating health.
> Now we have 2013 and being careful for 6 or 7 seconds is such a problem?

Let’s say your playing on Haven, and you just killed a guy. Your in-front of red slope. You have no shields, and the guy you just killed instant respawned behind you on the slope. What do you do. (No grenades, if you run away, you get one shoted by his DMR.) He also knows where you are(nemesis armor mod)

> Let’s say your playing on Haven, and you just killed a guy. Your in-front of red slope. You have no shields, and the guy you just killed instant respawned behind you on the slope. What do you do. (No grenades, if you run away, you get one shoted by his DMR.) He also knows where you are(nemesis armor mod)

That happens very rarely. Most times I got killed another member of enemy’s team. Dead enemies often respawns on far side of map.

> > Let’s say your playing on Haven, and you just killed a guy. Your in-front of red slope. You have no shields, and the guy you just killed instant respawned behind you on the slope. What do you do. (No grenades, if you run away, you get one shoted by his DMR.) He also knows where you are(nemesis armor mod)
>
> That happens very rarely. Most times I got killed another member of enemy’s team. Dead enemies often respawns on far side of map.

Try regicide on Haven, trust me it happens alot.

In Social playlists I think instant respawn has added to the gaming experience. I’m pretty sure its disabled in the competitive playlists, or at least it is in throwdown. Why not just play a different play list if your so against it?

> In Social playlists I think instant respawn has added to the gaming experience. I’m pretty sure its disabled in the competitive playlists, or at least it is in throwdown. Why not just play a different play list if your so against it?

Lets see, no one on Team objective, team throwdown or other no instant respawn playlists. Also Throwdown for me is like MLG, I dont really like it compared to AR, pistol, 2 Frag starts.

> > In Social playlists I think instant respawn has added to the gaming experience. I’m pretty sure its disabled in the competitive playlists, or at least it is in throwdown. Why not just play a different play list if your so against it?
>
> Lets see, no one on Team objective, team throwdown or other no instant respawn playlists. Also Throwdown for me is like MLG, I dont really like it compared to AR, pistol, 2 Frag starts.

Throwdown is MLG.

I wanted a more competitive playlist than Infinity Slayer similar to Halo 3’s Social/Ranked Slayer. What we got instead was an MLG playlist.

Instant Respawn isn’t random, but it doesn’t work in Halo. It works in CoD as it has much faster kill times and quicker regeneration, but in Halo, the gameplay just doesn’t support it. I’d rather have a 3 or 5 second spawn.

I agree OP big time. Halo 4 is already fast paced enough. We don’t need to be shooting at people within milliseconds of dying. Let us respawn for 3 seconds I say. instant respawn makes it a tad too fast.
here’s a post I made in the BTIS section:
“After extensively playing more BTIS, I need to add that instant respawn absolutely sucks!!! I have never said this before, but Halo 4 (BTIS only) feels like Call of Duty. It’s already fast paced enough we don’t need to get into the action every millisecond! Give us a 3-4 second respawn timer thank you very much. I’m sure I’m not the only one asking for this. (sorry I’m getting really bitter about this game because I love it so much and it’s frustrating)
P.s. Add forge BTB maps into the rotation, ones that are open and promote real vehicle movement. Promote a contest to add a few maps, this community will gladly make them. Also, Settler (ravine) and the Erosion one are big maps. Include those please. I see no reason not to.”