Instant Respawn ruins the game..

Why in the hell did this even happen? At the very least make in an option to turn off in custom games and make it non-existant in ranked playlists when you release the 1-50 competitive ranking system. If not, i see about all of the competitive players leaving and never coming back until this happen.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Your whining ruins my eyesight and wastes my time. You owe me new ones of both.

no it doesn’t, you can wait the seconds if you want or choose to get back in the game faster. Next time say why you hate it. Your foresight is also wrong.

It ruins the game for anyone that is actually good and plays competitively. Its fun for now because theres no ranking system but when that comes out, people that play competively are gonna get pissed off killing someone and then having them instantly respawn and cleaning up their own kill. It needs to be an option in ranked playlist and a toggle to turn off in customs, or i bet you will see the population decrease down to what reach was

And if you honestly dont think it should at least be an option in customs and taken out in certain ranked playlists when it comes out, kill yourself and go back to CoD pubs. You’re not a Halo player

> It ruins the game for anyone that is actually good and plays competitively. Its fun for now because theres no ranking system but when that comes out, people that play competively are gonna get pissed off killing someone and then having them instantly respawn and cleaning up their own kill. It needs to be an option in ranked playlist and a toggle to turn off in customs, or i bet you will see the population decrease down to what reach was

Don’t speak for all competitive players because you can’t adapt to a new system. What you’re talking about is spawn problems, which are somewhat rare, as the maps were built to handle the new systems.

Timed re-spawns are still in the game where they suit (go and see objective gametypes). Infinity slayer simply wouldn’t work without insta-respawns.

Halo has changed.
Whether or not it has changed for the better is up for debate.
Personally, while the instant re-spawn is fun and speeds the game up, I think it is a terrible addition to the franchise. But a lot of kids these days can’t wait 5 seconds for anything so what do you expect…343 is catering to their new audience.

I agree with you OP, but I wish you would phrase it in a more respectful way.

Instant spawns don’t work on any of the 4v4 sized maps. Haven gets hit especially hard by instant spawn ruin.

Default Halo 4 isn’t competitive anyway, so there’s no real loss there, but the spawn times for competitive playlists need to be increased back up to three seconds.

Or you could just not press X and deal with it.

Instant respawns were one of the many things 343 took from Call of Duty in order to steal some of that playerbase. Since it’s a larger playerbase than Halo, it’s the more financially sound decision. But it leaves true Halo fans in the dark.

> > It ruins the game for anyone that is actually good and plays competitively…
>
> Don’t speak for all competitive players because you can’t adapt to a new system. What you’re talking about is spawn problems, which are somewhat rare, as the maps were built to handle the new systems.
>
> Timed re-spawns are still in the game where they suit (go and see objective gametypes). Infinity slayer simply wouldn’t work without insta-respawns.

Your last sentence makes it pretty obvious that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

> Or you could just not press X and deal with it.

The complaint with instant respawns isn’t that “we” are spawning too fast. Its that everyone is spawning too fast.

I can’t believe I had to just explain that.

> Or you could just not press X and deal with it.

I understand your contempt for the OP because of his callous attitude, but you must realize how nonsensical this answer is.

For regular Infinity Slayer I say leave it, for Ranked playlist yes, add the timer again same with Slayer Pro. ( Objective already has the timer)

Whiner. I love the instant re spawn. It is the greatest. This poll is blasphemous… take it down I tell you!!!

If you betray someone it should penalize you on the next life and that’s about it

I agree with this.

It is extremely frustrating out BRing someone and winning your 1v1 fight to have them spawn instantly behind you and kill you. Or if they drop a power weapon they instantly respawn and start nading their previous spot knowing you are going to pick that up. I can understand whey they put it in but there needs to be gametypes and/or options that turn this off. It seems that every new thing 343 put in the game they are forcing you to play with instead of giving you the option to play with. I do enjoy the game but it frustrates me when i know that a few minor tweaks could really put the game over the top. So im just patiently waiting for 343 to realize these and implement them.

> Instant respawns were one of the many things 343 took from Call of Duty in order to steal some of that playerbase. Since it’s a larger playerbase than Halo, it’s the more financially sound decision. But it leaves true Halo fans in the dark.

“True Halo Fans” Dude, that statement right there is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on the forums since the game launched. I’ve played and owned every game, read 6 of the books and bought the legendary and collectors editions of every game that had it available. Fact of the matter is, I still love this game. And since it’s a new trilogy, by a NEW company things are going to be different. “True Halo Fans” give constructive criticism, accept the game for what it is and keep playing anyway. You and everyone else that keeps complaining about how it’s “Too much Like CoD” need to leave then. Because we the “True Halo Fans” don’t need your whining, non helpful, complaining -Yoink- here. Don’t like insta-spawn, don’t press X. Don’t like Situational Awareness, press X. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to play the game.

TLDR; Either play the game and be helpful, or -Yoink-.

> > > It ruins the game for anyone that is actually good and plays competitively…
> >
> > Don’t speak for all competitive players because you can’t adapt to a new system. What you’re talking about is spawn problems, which are somewhat rare, as the maps were built to handle the new systems.
> >
> > Timed re-spawns are still in the game where they suit (go and see objective gametypes). Infinity slayer simply wouldn’t work without insta-respawns.
>
> Your last sentence makes it pretty obvious that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I correct myself. It wouldn’t work on any map except Haven. Infinity slayer has an absolute massive emphasis on power weapons, which speed up gameplay. If you switch out insta-spawns, you’re left with a lot of power weapons, and fewer players in-play at any given time. Combine this with the bigger maps, and you’ve got a very disjointed gametype indeed.

I respect that not everyone enjoys Infinity slayer, but the gametype has been fine-tuned with certain aspects in mind. Removing the spawns is like taking out a cornet of Halo’s “golden triangle”, so to speak.

EDIT: Apologies for touching off-topic, I was taking about the possibility a competitive infinity slayer. This tangent doesn’t really apply to future competitive variants.

> > > > It ruins the game for anyone that is actually good and plays competitively…
> > >
> > > Don’t speak for all competitive players because you can’t adapt to a new system. What you’re talking about is spawn problems, which are somewhat rare, as the maps were built to handle the new systems.
> > >
> > > Timed re-spawns are still in the game where they suit (go and see objective gametypes). Infinity slayer simply wouldn’t work without insta-respawns.
> >
> > Your last sentence makes it pretty obvious that you have no idea what you’re talking about.
>
> I correct myself. It wouldn’t work on any map except Haven. Infinity slayer has an absolute massive emphasis on power weapons, which speed up gameplay. If you switch out insta-spawns, you’re left with a lot of power weapons, and fewer players in-play at any given time. Combine this with the bigger maps, and you’ve got a very disjointed gametype indeed.
>
> I respect that not everyone enjoys Infinity slayer, but the gametype has been fine-tuned with certain aspects in mind. Removing the spawns is like taking out a cornet of Halo’s “golden triangle”, so to speak.

Are you having a stroke?

I wouldn’t say it ruins the game. I don’t mind either way. If I had to pick, I’d probably have it revert back to the old 3 second respawn time. It’d allow players to have a little more time in between spawns to think about which loadout to choose and where to go when the spawn. Plus, it gives a higher penalty for death. As it is, dying doesn’t mean much most of the time and everything feels more rushed.