Instant respawn needs limitations.

  1. It will make it harder to carry players. Not only will they be able to sprint default, but they can instantly respawn racking up deaths quickly.

  2. It creates mindless repetitive linear gameplay.

Solution: After 5 deaths without a kill you are forced to spend 10 seconds planning a new strategy/changing your loadout.

Eh, not really. Ya it sucks that teammates could die a whole lot, but that’s how it is right now even with a 3 second respawn. Lesser skilled players are going to die a lot no matter what you do.

Cool, but I think you should have a penalty for suicide or betraying.

You idea is nice IMO.

If you are worried, instant respawn will not be in objective games.

Ever play Unreal Tournament? It’s a -Yoinking!- wonderland of fun and diversity AND it has instant respawns because that feature only manages to alter the pace of gameplay. It does not affect (or at least significantly affect) just what shape that gameplay takes.

> If you are worried, instant respawn will not be in objective games.

Just like Unreal Tournament! Woo, Halo’s finally catching up to the 90’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Eh, not really. Ya it sucks that teammates could die a whole lot, but that’s how it is right now even with a 3 second respawn. Lesser skilled players are going to die a lot no matter what you do.

But sometimes people just need a change in strategy. I am encouraging a brief moment to rethink your strategy and consider changing your loadouts.

instant respawning, IMO doesn’t belong in halo.

why, because a respawn timer is crucial to the gameplay, it is one of halos ways of punishing you for dieing, if you died, then you’re stuck on the respawn screen waiting to respawn, the only thing you can do is flick through your teammates and call out enemy positions from the camera but you can’t put down any support fire, grab power ups and such, though the time is short in slayer it does have an impact, it also prevents you from spawning then cleaning up what you failed to kill in the first place, this can be seen as rewarding the player who got the kill, the out come of this with smart players creates teamwork, because of the reward and punishment from the respawn timer players are going to work together more to beat the other team, instant repsawn takes away this entire aspect, why use teamwork when you can just spawn instantly and clean up what you failed? you kill a person, doesn’t matter, he can just spawn and kill you before you can move thanks to instant respawn.

in short, instant respawning takes away from teamwork and creates more selfish gameplay.

> instant respawning, IMO doesn’t belong in halo.
>
> why, because a respawn timer is crucial to the gameplay, it is one of halos ways of punishing you for dieing, if you died, then you’re stuck on the respawn screen waiting to respawn, the only thing you can do is flick through your teammates and call out enemy positions from the camera but you can’t put down any support fire, grab power ups and such, though the time is short in slayer it does have an impact, it also prevents you from spawning then cleaning up what you failed to kill in the first place, this can be seen as rewarding the player who got the kill, the out come of this with smart players creates teamwork, because of the reward and punishment from the respawn timer players are going to work together more to beat the other team, instant repsawn takes away this entire aspect, why use teamwork when you can just spawn instantly and clean up what you failed? you kill a person, doesn’t matter, he can just spawn and kill you before you can move thanks to instant respawn.
>
> in short, instant respawning takes away from teamwork and creates more selfish gameplay.

LOL we agree on something.

> > Eh, not really. Ya it sucks that teammates could die a whole lot, but that’s how it is right now even with a 3 second respawn. Lesser skilled players are going to die a lot no matter what you do.
>
> But sometimes people just need a change in strategy. I am encouraging a brief moment to rethink your strategy and consider changing your loadouts.

Though in having just died I think more players will just fume about how that newb just got the drop on them rather than re-examining their playstyle and their self. I mean it’s all well and good to think that people will use their free time constructively but considering the medium and the people involved I just don’t see that happening enough to justify slowing down a slayer-based game arbitrarily.

> > > Eh, not really. Ya it sucks that teammates could die a whole lot, but that’s how it is right now even with a 3 second respawn. Lesser skilled players are going to die a lot no matter what you do.
> >
> > But sometimes people just need a change in strategy. I am encouraging a brief moment to rethink your strategy and consider changing your loadouts.
>
> Though in having just died I think more players will just fume about how that newb just got the drop on them rather than re-examining their playstyle and their self. I mean it’s all well and good to think that people will use their free time constructively but considering the medium and the people involved I just don’t see that happening enough to justify slowing down a slayer-based game arbitrarily.

why would i rant about it when i can respawn straight away in get the headshot before his shields can come back up? …

> 1. It will make it harder to carry players. Not only will they be able to sprint default, but they can instantly respawn racking up deaths quickly.
>
> <mark>2. It creates mindless repetitive linear gameplay.</mark>
>
> Solution: After 5 deaths without a kill you are forced to spend 10 seconds planning a new strategy/changing your loadout.

This. Instant respawn promotes mindless gameplay because they can get right back into the action without ever taking a break. How will you learn your lesson if you can respawn instantly and then sprint to the same spot over and over? It is not about people spending less time in the respawn screen, it is about promoting selfish plays.

> why, because a respawn timer is crucial to the gameplay, it is one of halos ways of punishing you for dieing, if you died, then you’re stuck on the respawn screen waiting to respawn, the only thing you can do is flick through your teammates and call out enemy positions from the camera but you can’t put down any support fire, grab power ups and such, though the time is short in slayer it does have an impact,

First of all see this punctuation mark -> . <- Use it!

Secondly, having died you also just gave up a point to the other team and your equipment to boot. Inventing more punishments to fill a sated ideology seems a little silly to me.

> it also prevents you from spawning then cleaning up what you failed to kill in the first place, this can be seen as rewarding the player who got the kill, the out come of this with smart players creates teamwork, because of the reward and punishment from the respawn timer players are going to work together more to beat the other team, instant repsawn takes away this entire aspect, why use teamwork when you can just spawn instantly and clean up what you failed? you kill a person, doesn’t matter, he can just spawn and kill you before you can move thanks to instant respawn.

Well you also seem to forget that players don’t generally spawn in combat. Far more often than not you can’t just come back and clean up even with a 3-5 second spawn because it takes quite a little bit longer to traverse the map, set yourself up, and engage. That delay, however, is still there to offer a compelling argument against getting shot so I don’t see how you can reasonably say that teamwork is loosing out in slayer because you simply don’t have to watch tea-baggers put on their show.

Wait…Your men’t to use / plan a strategy on halo ? I’ve been playing it wrong all this time D: lol :stuck_out_tongue:

> why would i rant about it when i can respawn straight away in get the headshot before his shields can come back up? …

Why, because you can’t.

Take a 3 second respawn timer. Now it takes a few seconds more before you shields come back up. So, with that extant margin for “spawn->FU!” why don’t players still swing in for the easy pop, even against players who are in the middle of a shield recharge and are still at a disadvantage? Well, simply because the situation you’ve posed here is contrived. You don’t spawn right back into the middle of combat in almost any case (except for a -Yoink- respawn system but then you’re more likely at the loosing end of a spawn-kill) so assuming that you do here makes for a broken argument or at least one that only considers the most extreme of cases.

> This. Instant respawn promotes mindless gameplay because they can get right back into the action without ever taking a break. How will you learn your lesson if you can respawn instantly and then sprint to the same spot over and over? It is not about people spending less time in the respawn screen, it is about promoting selfish plays.

And again, I think you guys are giving people far too much credit for what they do during a respawn countdown. Surely if one is going to come to a full realization about who they are, how they’re playing (which is contingent on the previous point), and how they should be playing differently they’ll need a considerable amount of time. Hell I wouldn’t expect most people to reach the second point in the first year of play, let alone in the second third of their nth mid-game time out.

> > why, because a respawn timer is crucial to the gameplay, it is one of halos ways of punishing you for dieing, if you died, then you’re stuck on the respawn screen waiting to respawn, the only thing you can do is flick through your teammates and call out enemy positions from the camera but you can’t put down any support fire, grab power ups and such, though the time is short in slayer it does have an impact,
>
> First of all see this punctuation mark -> . <- Use it!
>
> Secondly, having died you also just gave up a point to the other team and your equipment to boot. Inventing more punishments to fill a sated ideology seems a little silly to me.

oh i’m terribly sorry that i’m dyslexic, does my disablity cause any issues? also, this is a forum, not documntation, punctuation really doesn’t matter as long as you can understand what is being said.

yes, i gave you a point, then i respawned instantly and got my team a point, so at the end, we just traded kills, instant respawning will allow lesser skilled players to respawn instantly and clean up the kill they lost thus reducing the skill gap.

> > it also prevents you from spawning then cleaning up what you failed to kill in the first place, this can be seen as rewarding the player who got the kill, the out come of this with smart players creates teamwork, because of the reward and punishment from the respawn timer players are going to work together more to beat the other team, instant repsawn takes away this entire aspect, why use teamwork when you can just spawn instantly and clean up what you failed? you kill a person, doesn’t matter, he can just spawn and kill you before you can move thanks to instant respawn.
>
> Well you also seem to forget that players don’t generally spawn in combat. Far more often than not you can’t just come back and clean up even with a 3-5 second spawn because it takes quite a little bit longer to traverse the map, set yourself up, and engage. That delay, however, is still there to offer a compelling argument against getting shot so I don’t see how you can reasonably say that teamwork is loosing out in slayer because you simply don’t have to watch tea-baggers put on their show.

you don’t have to spawn in combat, there is a thing called moving, you know, what you use to get around the map, there is also this thing called a scope, its used to increase accuracy at longer ranges.

it shouldn’t take long to get around the maps, maps shouldn’t be made larger to compensate for isntant respawning either because large maps creates slow gameplay and slow gameplay isn’t fun, a long with all these new AAs and perks, it is only going to get even slower, slow gameplay can also reduce the skill gap because it makes it easier for players to stay alive while harder for them to get kills, any bad kid could dis-engage a battle on a large map and disappear out of sight for a good deal of time, teamwork won’t be that help full either because of the time it takes to get around the map, by the time you respond to call outs and set up, the other team would have moved completely and created a different situation.

instant respawning takes away from teamwork because you can respawn instantly, instead of working with your team to earn points and control areas you can just respawn instantly and do it yourself, with people being very selfish in their own nature everything will be nothing but selfish gameplay

remember reach arena in its early days? yea, we don’t want that back, yet, instant respawning will contribute to its return.

> 1. It will make it harder to carry players. Not only will they be able to sprint default, but they can instantly respawn racking up deaths quickly.
>
> 2. It creates mindless repetitive linear gameplay.
>
> Solution: After 5 deaths without a kill you are forced to spend 10 seconds planning a new strategy/changing your loadout.

Uh . . . No way will that happen.

that would cause massive rage if ya know the other team manages to spawn kill your team.

I can see more flaws than benefits with your idea and I do not want to list them all.

Guys, why don’t you just stop complainin’ about the game or it’s features. I don’t mind if you discuss about it after you played it but we don’t even know how it’s goin’ to affect the gameplay.

> > why would i rant about it when i can respawn straight away in get the headshot before his shields can come back up? …
>
> Why, because you can’t.
>
> Take a 3 second respawn timer. Now it takes a few seconds more before you shields come back up. So, with that extant margin for “spawn->FU!” why don’t players still swing in for the easy pop, even against players who are in the middle of a shield recharge and are still at a disadvantage? Well, simply because the situation you’ve posed here is contrived. You don’t spawn right back into the middle of combat in almost any case (except for a Yoink! respawn system but then you’re more likely at the loosing end of a spawn-kill) so assuming that you do here makes for a broken argument or at least one that only considers the most extreme of cases.

so i can’t look cross map? i won’t be able to spawn with my BR or DMR then scope in cross map to clean up that kill?
throw that grenade in his area?
run around and intercept his path before his shields come up?

really, you don’t need to spawn in combat to clean it up, it has to do with the kill times and shield mechanics, shields take time to recharge, they take time to start recharging, in this time i could instantly respawn, run over to his location or path and finnish him off, either when his shields are down or just started to recharge, because i’ve just respawned my shield and health is going to be full giving me the upper hand.

you’re argument would only be true if we are to be playing 4v4 in big team maps.

> Guys, why don’t you just stop complainin’ about the game or it’s features. I don’t mind if you discuss about it after you played it but we don’t even know how it’s goin’ to affect the gameplay.

so i can’t be worried about a possibly game breaking feature, express and explain my concerns and reasons?

Seems like half the community is worried about the stuff but let’s think about it - MLG Player got to test the game and they obviously know how Halo works. As far as i know there was none of them complaining about the respawn time so why do we?