Instant re spawn and Random weapon drops.Y/N?

1.instant re spawn(note this is for ALL game types. eg. CTF, invasion, infection)

2.random weapon spawns

for me i will have to say it is a no, here are my reasons

i don’t think i really have to explain how instant re spawn will drastically affect objective game types as well as competive game types such as slayer. not only will it give little openings for any progress to be made but the pace of the game increases drastically to that of a call of duty style game which would work if it was meant for that fast action twitch shooter. Halo however is very different it has always been a well paced game where strategies and skill is a necessity. this also applys to the random weapons spawns, if we are unable to predict weaponry spawns, stradgey and team work become useless and this paired with instant spawns will turn halo in to a chaotic mess.

anyway that’s my view i would love to see how you think about this. please feel free to say anything about this matter.

Obvious no vote.

Btw, how do random spawns work? Random places or random weapons? Either way, no.

well the spawns are only random for the weaponds, and it is not for player random respawn if that is what your asking.

as for random weapond spawns. it will have a specific timr so that is good but the weapond spawn is much like weapond drops in FIREFIGHT.it will be a selection of specific number of weaponry unique to the map.

note it will remind you in game when a wepond is going to drop down.

also the INITIAL weapond spawn will still be there. for example. you know how in blood gulch in halo 1 there would be a rush for the sniper? well it will still be like that, the change is that it will not respawn, and you will have to depend on weapond drops.

you should refer to this video if you whant a better explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRe4r0P61xY

BTW note that i accidently pressed YES for the pole so it is actually 100% for no right now

i will -1 vote form the pole when the pole votes die down. and post the percentile.

i dont mind the respawn timer but i’m liking how you can skip t :slight_smile:

Instant respawns aren’t for every gametype/playlist.

Random weapon spawns aren’t 100% random.

IR are not for Objective game types…

> Instant respawns aren’t for every gametype/playlist.
>
> Random weapon spawns aren’t 100% random.

very true i stupidly forgot to mention that.thank u for informing me.

i do believe the information in in the vid i linked too if you want a more accurate description

> IR are not for Objective game types…

ops. your right i just read up that instant respawn will only be in FFA slayer i am not sure about team slayer thought. do you have anything to add about that?

Weapon drops are not random, they spawn in different place it’s time but playing the map for some time you can actually guess where the next drop will be.

> Instant respawns aren’t for every gametype/playlist.
>
> Random weapon spawns aren’t 100% random.

Same for the “random” weapon spawns. They aren’t in every playlist. In fact, some of these features may only be in Infinity Slayer. I think they’re going to have the new features pretty well segregated, as they know some of these features will not play well in every playlist.

does anyone know if IR will be included in team slayer?(team death match)

it would be great if it wasent as it could cause an issue with spawn trapping and having to carry your teammates if they arnt exactly to bright…

> 1.instant re spawn(note this is for ALL game types. eg. CTF, invasion, infection)
>
> i don’t think i really have to explain how instant re spawn will drastically affect objective game types

They have stated they wont be in objective games

> 1.instant re spawn(note this is for ALL game types. eg. CTF, invasion, infection)
>
> 2.random weapon spawns
>
> for me i will have to say it is a no, here are my reasons
>
> i don’t think i really have to explain how instant re spawn will drastically affect objective game types as well as competive game types such as slayer. not only will it give little openings for any progress to be made but the pace of the game increases drastically to that of a call of duty style game which would work if it was meant for that fast action twitch shooter. Halo however is very different it has always been a well paced game where strategies and skill is a necessity. this also applys to the random weapons spawns, if we are unable to predict weaponry spawns, stradgey and team work become useless and this paired with instant spawns will turn halo in to a chaotic mess.
>
> anyway that’s my view i would love to see how you think about this. please feel free to say anything about this matter.

1. Its not for all game types.

2. They are not random. Its like there are spawn points A, B, and C for a power weapon. When it spawns it will spawn at one of those points. And in what Frankie said would be a “predictable manner”