Instant kill Grenades NEED to go

This is the most annoying thing halo reach and i HOPE its not in halo 4.

Takes ZERO skill to throw a lucky grenade to instantly kill someone.

I play reach a lot and this happens so much to where its freakin annoying.

Funny, because I usually don’t get instant killed by a grenade, nor do I usually get an instant kill with a grenade unless it sticks.

There is a grenade indicator in halo 4. There seems to be two grenades with that ability. Plasma grenade and pulse grenade, assuming the explosion does damage, it disintegrates dead bodies so I guess so.

Do not fear. Halo 4 grenades are NOT nukes. You move faster so is more easy to evade them. And you can always use the thruster pack if you think you are too close to a grenade.

Do NOT worry, you can’t pick up grenades from dead bodies, unless you have the Tactical/Support Upgrade needed. So less grenade spam.

I suggest you take a Cryo-sleep, and wake up on Nov.6 to fix your problems with Reach.

:wink:

With the removal of the health bar and the Huge nerf to grenades that Iv heard about, your dream may just be true.

The best thing Iv seen so far related to grenades is the fact that you cant pick up grenades from dead bodys.

Note: I counted eight grenades blow up beside me, in front of me, and behind me today in a game of MLG Reach after I got a guy one shot.

Only thought: Two more months.

I think the Reach frags need to be a DIRECT hit to be an instant kill, which is pretty hard to achieve. But, I could be wrong, its been so long since I’ve played.

Grenades should not be able to kill a fully shielded spartan, or at least not an SII.

Halo has never had instant-kill grenades. Not even in halo reach. The only way a grenade can instantly kill you is if you are either stuck or you are standing right on top of a grenade.

And the damage on the reach grenades weren’t that bad. It was OP because of its blast radius. it had like twice the radius of the previous grenades, and seemed to do more damage farther away from the center then before.

I believe halo 4 grenades will have a bit smaller and balanced radius, as well as a longer fuse time. There will also be grenade indicators that will alert you to grenades within 5 feet or so of you, allowing for you to escape a bit better.

A direct grenade impact will still take down your shields, but this is how its always been and as it should be. Your health will also regenerate like it did in halo 3/3, so you won’t be permanently crippled by a good thrown grenade.

> Do not fear. Halo 4 grenades are NOT nukes. You move faster so is more easy to evade them. And you can always use the thruster pack if you think you are too close to a grenade.
>
> Do NOT worry, you can’t pick up grenades from dead bodies, unless you have the Tactical/Support Upgrade needed. So less grenade spam.
>
> I suggest you take a Cryo-sleep, and wake up on Nov.6 to fix your problems with Reach.
>
> :wink:

I hope they aren’t the mini nukes they were in Reach. I never want to go back to that… -shudders-

I think the damage dropoff of the grenades’ radius needs to be more significant. In reach, the radius of high-damage is too great; I can be two spartan body lengths away from a grenade and still get a large amount of damage done to me. Take a step back and suddenly I barely get damaged at all. The damage dropoff needs to be more gradual, not jump from high damage to tiny damage near the edge of the explosive radius.

The only time some one gets killed with a grenade instantly is if they get stuck by a plasma or they have low health. Well thats what i recall, could be wrong though.

Frags are never an instant kill unless you’ve already been weakened, even in Reach.

Only plasma grenades kill one hit, and it has to have stuck you or you were standing right on top of it. It was never a problem, in my opinion.

In Reach, low health meant one frag would kill you, which fortunately isn’t a problem in Halo 4 since it’ll use the Halo 3 system again

No more soft ball’s coming at me please. I would like to see more gun battle’s then Grenade battles. It’s Called FPS not FPG.

Well now you can run away from grenades

Just the idea of everyone spawning with stickies well it just sounds terrible .

Its like
Elite slayer in Halo 4 – No Thank’s

> Just the idea of everyone spawning with stickies well it just sounds terrible .
>
>
> Its like
> Elite slayer in Halo 4 – No Thank’s

Elite Slayer is so disgusting.

Honestly, you get someone’s shields down and they stick you when you have full shields; they win. Stickies are so overpowered…

I have been killed by one frag right at my feet numerous amounts of times.

Its the fact that its not meant to kill you with one grenades. Grenades in halo
have never been meant to kill you but to only take a small portion of your shields down
to get an advantage. I do agree that sometimes grenades do kill when a player is
almost dead. (common sense)

A plasma is and should be the only thing that will kill you instantly.

My take on insta kill grenades is conservative. I think Plasma Grenades are too powerful. They can stick for an insta kill or kill someone just by blowing up next to them. I believe the ability to stick and insta kill an enemy is powerful enough so the Needle Shard was born.

The Needle Shard inflicts a high amount of damage in a pinpoint small aoe. It flies in a straight trajectory but drops over distance. The shard bundle supercombines on impact with any living target, killing it with an explosion. Impact with a non living target has no effect besides destroying the shard bundle.

I thought the Reach Grenade Launcher was an amazingly unique and skillful weapon. I believe its role could be better served by a grenade though. A grenade that can insta kill, but only from a skilled user, just like shooting the GL could deshield an enemy but a skilled used could kill someone with it. The Pulse Orb was created from this idea.

The Pulse Orb must be thrown then detonated by the user. Hold to throw, release to detonate. The exploding grenade emits a large EMP blast and a small explosive blast.

Grenades

Only reason you are getting insta-blown up is cause your health is red, just as you will get body shot with full shields but red health with the sniper and die… you gotta pick up a health pack

H4 doesn’t have the health bar system so have no fear!

Nades are majorly nerfed, happy to report.