Installing digital copy from disc

Hi all,
I was wondering if it would be possible to install the game from my friends disc. I have the digital copy downloading, but its taken hours so far and won’t be ready for anywhere near midnight.

I’m currently at 15%. If I were to install from my friends disc then 1) is it even possible and 2) will this cause any complications.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

I think it will work, just remember to delete what you’ve downloaded of Halo 5 already before you do install from the disc. Although, this might glitch up… I just lost my already downloaded 50gb digital copy because I clicked “install” on the store page. Predownloading is never reliable for some reason.

I think it will ask for the disk to play. You’re better off to stick to the download

> 2533274797322415;2:
> I think it will work, just remember to delete what you’ve downloaded of Halo 5 already before you do install from the disc. Although, this might glitch up… I just lost my already downloaded 50gb digital copy because I clicked “install” on the store page. Predownloading is never reliable for some reason.

Thanks for your input man. I’m just going to play a game of Warzone on his then try it out. That really sucks about your download, I’m of the same mindset; digital copies are super unreliable generally.

if you install Halo 5 from physical disc, than it requires the disc to play. So it won’t work that way.

> 2533274812014508;5:
> if you install Halo 5 from physical disc, than it requires the disc to play. So it won’t work that way.

That sucks so bad. It’s been installing for ages, and my D/l speed is upwards of 10mb. Was so hyped to play tonight. Guess that isn’t happening.

> 2533274851694642;6:
> > 2533274812014508;5:
> > if you install Halo 5 from physical disc, than it requires the disc to play. So it won’t work that way.
>
>
> That sucks so bad. It’s been installing for ages, and my D/l speed is upwards of 10mb. Was so hyped to play tonight. Guess that isn’t happening.

I’m possibly too late, but that is not true. Your account already owns Halo 5 digitally, it will not ask for a disc to play it. I used to own AC: Black Flag on disc, it was then a part of games for gold - so I “bought” it from the marketplace. The game was installed via disc but I then owned it digitally. (I hope that makes sense, typed it on the quick, haha)

Yeah, if you install by disc and you own Halo 5 on your profile it should work fine.