Installation restarting after every update

SO… there was a simple 2mb update right now that made me have to reinstall the ENTIRE game worth of 41GB! instantly stopped downloading the 2mb and started that it was now 41GB. Basically everytime there is a small update i cant play the game. Absolutely trash game.

Every time this game has ever had an update for me, it’s reinstalled the entire game. It’s doing it right now (same thing it’s doing to do you). That’s twice this month I’ve had to install the entirety the Halo Wars 2. I don’t know why they haven’t fixed this. I’m just glad this problem didn’t exist with Halo 5, that game is more than twice this size. I mean, ~42GB is still nothing to scoff at … at 25Mb/s, that’s math+math= way too much nonsense to put up with twice a month … especially when it was supposed to be 2mb, you say?

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Every time this game has ever had an update for me, it’s reinstalled the entire game. It’s doing it right now (same thing it’s doing to do you). That’s twice this month I’ve had to install the entirety the Halo Wars 2. I don’t know why they haven’t fixed this. I’m just glad this problem didn’t exist with Halo 5, that game is more than twice this size. I mean, ~42GB is still nothing to scoff at … at 25Mb/s, that’s math+math= way too much nonsense to put up with twice a month … especially when it was supposed to be 2mb, you say?

im getting 3mb/s download… takes me 12 hours for like the 6th time. its like they are begging me to stop playing the game. im a long time halo wars fan and even i hate this game now… and yep 2mb download which it instantly made 41gb

This isn’t the first time I’ve had to do this either happens like every other update for this game making you reinstall the entire thing for a small update it’s freaking stupid. :frowning:

this needs to be fixed, super annoying to have to set aside 10hrs to download every time the smallest patch drops

i bought a 20m ethernet cable just so i can wire it in for updates. gives me around 80mb download lol

I have the same issue ever since the damn game came out…2mb update have to dl 41 gb all over again…bs

> 2533274828726904;1:
> SO… there was a simple 2mb update right now that made me have to reinstall the ENTIRE game worth of 41GB! instantly stopped downloading the 2mb and started that it was now 41GB. Basically everytime there is a small update i cant play the game. Absolutely trash game.

This game has run me out of data. Twice.

Posting to say that this has happened for the second time this month to me. Really getting irritating, I just wanted to play.

I’ve had the same problem for a long time. I have to download the entire 41GB (25GB before Awakening the Nightmare) game every time there is an update. First, the update doesn’t start, then when you retry it becomes installs the whole game. Plus, after the last update, I lost my Spearbreaker progress, along with the last two cinematics from the original campaign, the first level of the new expansion also got cleared of progress. After playing every lost level three or four times, the game decided to save it (It also deleted my save files.). I hope this gets fixed soon. I have to pay for an internet boost for every little patch.

Dl 41 GB UPDATE RIGHT NOW. What is this

This is a known issue and has been investigated by 343 and escalated to the team at Xbox. Looks like Xbox have identified the issue and are working to fix, just a matter of waiting for that to happen. Keep updated with this topic for for more details: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/halo-wars-2-installation-stopped-fixed/0babd33e-849e-42c2-997a-774f28ceaace/posts