Installation 07 importance (Book Spoilers)

From what we’ve read about 07 is that it was infested with Flood and had numerous Graveminds there. A good amount of Graveminds that I think it was described as a mountain. I believe 07 will play an important role in what’s to come. As we know the forerunners kept some Flood specimens for study. It’s quite possible they kept some of the Graveminds within 07 for study by the local Monitor.

This Monitor could have gone crazy, like 343GS, and could have been talked into releasing the Graveminds from their prison. As how The Primordial eventually got Mendicant Bias to turn on it’s masters…yet that took hundreds of years. These Graveminds would most likely merge into one big Gravemind…that has free reign over what happens on said Installation.

Del Rio also mentioned they were searching for the other Installations. How do you think they will react when they discover 07? Also please give your own theories/ideas too please.

I don’t think 10 Graveminds would resemble a mountain, but regardless it is a significant number. However, I’m not to sure how it will be significant to the overall plot.

One hundred and one thousand years ago, the last Precursor made a promise within the depths of Installaion 07:

“Humanity will once again rise in arrogance and defiance. The Flood will return when they are ripe, and bring them unity”

In Halo 4, Lasky informed us that one of Infinity’s missions was to locate and establish permanent bases on the remaining Halo rings. Now, after Spartan Ops, we’ve been introduced to an artifact that shows the location of every Forerunner artifact in existence.

“Humanity will once again rise in arrogance and defiance.”

When we obtain both halves of the Janus Key, do you think we’ll use what we find to propel the galaxy, or to propel ourselves above other races and ensure that no one can rise against us?

I’m expecting the latter to occur.

With our fellow races being squashes beneath us, we can continue our goal of locating the remaining Halo rings. And is there a more interesting ring than the one that was home to brutal expirements against the human race, the last Precursor, and the only ring with a directional firing mode and the only one forged from the Greater Ark?

I’d want to start at Installation 07. It offers the most to our cause.

But, with Installation 07 home to a likely malfunctioning monitor and several Proto-Graveminds enjoying themselves outside of containment, what’s going to happen to Infinity when it goes to establish a permenant base on the ring?

A lot of people serve on Infinity, somewhere around 15,000 (I can’t remember correctly). If a highly advanced ship, that’s likely had further equipment of Forerunner technology with the reunition of the Janus Key, and had plenty of biomass to infect, gets overrun by the Flood, what happens to us?

We’re officially -Yoinked!-.

And what better place to initiate the Primordial’s prophecy than the place where the Primordial gave the prophecy?

What if infinity gets to installation 07 and they find the spirit of fire crashed and taken over by flood.

> What if infinity gets to installation 07 and they find the spirit of fire crashed and taken over by flood.

That would be incredibly improbable.

Woulden’t the graveminds on installation 07 be long dead by now? I’m under the impression when Bornstellar activated the rings from the ark, it would have wiped them clean from the galaxay or am I forgeting something?

I believe the surface of the I07 is still timelocked.

> One hundred and one thousand years ago, the last Precursor made a promise within the depths of Installaion 07:
>
> “Humanity will once again rise in arrogance and defiance. The Flood will return when they are ripe, and bring them unity”
>
> In Halo 4, Lasky informed us that one of Infinity’s missions was to locate and establish permanent bases on the remaining Halo rings. Now, after Spartan Ops, we’ve been introduced to an artifact that shows the location of every Forerunner artifact in existence.
>
> “Humanity will once again rise in arrogance and defiance.”
>
> When we obtain both halves of the Janus Key, do you think we’ll use what we find to propel the galaxy, or to propel ourselves above other races and ensure that no one can rise against us?
>
> <mark>I’m expecting the latter to occur.</mark>
>
> With our fellow races being squashes beneath us, we can continue our goal of locating the remaining Halo rings. And is there a more interesting ring than the one that was home to brutal expirements against the human race, the last Precursor, and the only ring with a directional firing mode and the only one forged from the Greater Ark?
>
> I’d want to start at Installation 07. It offers the most to our cause.
>
> But, with Installation 07 home to a likely malfunctioning monitor and several Proto-Graveminds enjoying themselves outside of containment, what’s going to happen to Infinity when it goes to establish a permenant base on the ring?
>
> A lot of people serve on Infinity, somewhere around 15,000 (I can’t remember correctly). If a highly advanced ship, that’s likely had further equipment of Forerunner technology with the reunition of the Janus Key, and had plenty of biomass to infect, gets overrun by the Flood, what happens to us?
>
> We’re officially -Yoinked!-.
>
> And what better place to initiate the Primordial’s prophecy than the place where the Primordial gave the prophecy?

Which is why I hope the rebel group led by Gajat gets it first somehow. That particular group understands how to work together. (Sanghieli, Humans, etc.)

I don’t really see how Gajat’s group is any better, considering they decide to attack peace conferences and the like.

'Gajat’s group would likely use it to blast the hell out of the UNSC and the Arbiter’s loyalists. Come to think of it, they’d blast the hell out of anyone that’s not them.

The only group of people that I currently think are worth of the Janus Key are well, no one.

What do you mean it is improbable?

> What do you mean it is improbable?

It would be pretty unlikely for the Spirit of Fire, out of all places, to end up on Installation 07. Additionally, with the return of the Spirit of Fire in issue 6 of Escalation, it’s even more improbable if not impossible.

If Infiinity’s going to get Floodified at Installation 07, it’s not going to be from the Spirit of Fire. It’s going to be from sending troops onto the surface of the Installaion.

> 'Gajat’s group would likely use it to blast the hell out of the UNSC and the Arbiter’s loyalists. Come to think of it, they’d blast the hell out of anyone that’s not them.
>
> The only group of people that I currently think are worth of the Janus Key are well, no one.

True, however they are the ONLY group that has members of pretty much every species, and adding that to the fact they actually work together. All I’m saying is that they have one of the right ideas working for them.

Without its slipspace drive, it’d probably take over 100 years for SoF to even reach the next closest star system.

Gajat probably found it while scouring old covenant ship movements that looked for forerunner tech.

Its also highly unlikely that installation 07 is anywhere near the Orion Arm (well, Orion Spur, to be astrologically correct). We already have 3 rings here that are supposedly distributed throughout the galaxy.

While the importance of Installation 07 cannot be stressed enough, I think it is far too soon to incorporate it. Build some suspense. Introduce new questions. Don’t close out all of the potential that was just opened in the books. Make us want it now… later xD

Anyone else have any thoughts?