Installation 07 and Hunters in the Dark problems.

In Halo: Primordium(Page 341), The Halo Encyclopedia(Page 174), and even the holographic representation in Halo 3(Halo 3) Installation 07 is described/seen as very arid and desert like with thick cloud cover much like Venus due to the crazy -Yoink- that went down during the end of the Forerunner-Flood War. However in Halo: Hunters in the Dark it is described as lush and green, with forests, rivers and blue skies much like 04 and 05. How is this possible? For that matter on these very forums Catalog stated that at some point before 2558 the Sangheili glassed parts of the ring due to Flood presence and that prompted the UNSC to keep close guard with ships. Where the hell is the Flood in 2555? Wouldn’t the UNSC already have ships around the ring? Hell, why didn’t Lasky even mention Installation 07 during Halo 4? He mentioned 05 and 03.

This is something I was confused about myself. I don’t have a single idea what was up with installation 07 as depicted in Hunters in the dark I just assumed it was all retconned.

The Covenant glassed 05, not 07.

07 is more secretive of an operation than the other rings due to how different it is compared to the other rings. Or Lasky simply forgot to say it, as his point was made.

As for the forests vs desert surface thing, there are some possibilities. Either Halo 3’s holograms aren’t accurate, or the ring has repaired and altered itself over time. That’s more likely, especially if the Monitor was bored.

> 2533274907934539;3:
> The Covenant glassed 05, not 07.
>
> 07 is more secretive of an operation than the other rings due to how different it is compared to the other rings. Or Lasky simply forgot to say it, as his point was made.
>
> As for the forests vs desert surface thing, there are some possibilities. Either Halo 3’s holograms aren’t accurate, or the ring has repaired and altered itself over time. That’s more likely, especially if the Monitor was bored.

It could be that the Infinity never made it’s way to 07 before they received information on Requiem and went that way

> 2533274907934539;3:
>
> 07 is more secretive of an operation than the other rings due to how different it is compared to the other rings. Or Lasky simply forgot to say it, as his point was made.
>
> As for the forests vs desert surface thing, there are some possibilities. Either Halo 3’s holograms aren’t accurate, or the ring has repaired and altered itself over time. That’s more likely, especially if the Monitor was bored.

It could be that the Infinity never made it’s way to 07 before they received information on Requiem and went that way.

Now the flood. The only thing I can think of is that when High Charity detonated. Gravemind sent everything it had left to the halo ring to stop the Chief. And when the ring detonated. It killed all the flood that was on the Ring.

But as you saw on Halo Legends… there might still be some infection s hidding on the Ark. If your to believe anything shown in the brief timeline summary

Yeah this confused me as well. Hopefully we get an explanation for this.

> 2533274907934539;3:
>
>

According to the Catalog, the Elites apparently glassed parts of 07 as well.

Query: What is the status of Installation 07’s quarantine?
Query Answer: Records provided to Human naval authorities by allied [macto cognatus] indicate implementation of adequate containment and sterilization protocols within infected zone.
Edom [control] unable to contact installation monitor for [ERR,REGRES] cycles. Requesting [site] status from ecumene [control].

It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.

This is exactly what I think.

To bad Aegis Fate, the frigate hovering over sandtrap, didn’t make it

> 2533274812652989;8:
> It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.

If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?

> 2533274825022855;11:
> > 2533274812652989;8:
> > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
>
>
> If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?

Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.

> 2533274874615081;12:
> > 2533274825022855;11:
> > > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
> >
> >
> > If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?
>
>
> Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.

true. Delta Halo didn’t show the damage of when the Brute and Elite forces glass it’s surface

> 2533274803137071;13:
> > 2533274874615081;12:
> > > 2533274825022855;11:
> > > > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
> > >
> > >
> > > If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?
> >
> >
> > Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.
>
>
> true. Delta Halo didn’t show the damage of when the Brute and Elite forces glass it’s surface

That’s the most logical answer… At least it’s potentially explainable, although it’s not entirely out of the question this could simply be a blunder from 343i. Wouldn’t be the first blunder, although I have to give them all credit on keeping the lore so expansive and yet focused at the same time. They’re doing a good job but sometimes they just don’t catch everything…

> 2533274874615081;12:
> > 2533274825022855;11:
> > > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
> >
> >
> > If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?
>
>
> Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.

What about the fact that Catalog stated its surface was clouded? What about the Flood presence?

> 2533274825022855;15:
> > 2533274874615081;12:
> > > 2533274825022855;11:
> > > > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
> > >
> > >
> > > If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?
> >
> >
> > Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.
>
>
> What about the fact that Catalog stated its surface was clouded? What about the Flood presence?

Wouldn’t that play into my “monitor didn’t send any recent updates” theory? Catalog has stated multiple time its trying to use information from the Domain and the UNSC and has stated having trouble with the Domain (we all know why) and couldn’t get through some UNSC/ONI firewalls for some questions. Catalog can only give answers based on the information it has available to it. Catalog has been wrong before. It did claimed the Halo 2 Scarab was a Type-36 even though Canon Fodder has stated it’s a Type-47. If I remember correctly, Grim did stated that Catalog’s answers are canon until another source says otherwise.

About the Flood, Hunters did take place in 2555 while Catalog has stated at one point that the current year for it was 2558. It’s possible that the 07 research team either found a containment facility, and through some unfortunate accident the Flood got released or the Flood found 07 sometime after 2555. Or Catalog meant 05 and didn’t want to admit it made a mistake (I remember people trying to get Catalog to clarify if it meant 05 when it stated their was Flood presence on 07).

> 2533274874615081;16:
> > 2533274825022855;15:
> > > 2533274874615081;12:
> > > > 2533274825022855;11:
> > > > > 2533274812652989;8:
> > > > > It could be that the holographic image at the Ark and what it looked like in actuality weren’t synced, so the Ark had a “cached” image.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If thats the case why did it have an up to date readout of 04?
> > >
> > >
> > > Monitor didn’t send any recent updates? The 03 and 07’s monitors are noted to be missing.
> >
> >
> > What about the fact that Catalog stated its surface was clouded? What about the Flood presence?
>
>
> Wouldn’t that play into my “monitor didn’t send any recent updates” theory? Catalog has stated multiple time its trying to use information from the Domain and the UNSC and has stated having trouble with the Domain (we all know why) and couldn’t get through some UNSC/ONI firewalls for some questions. Catalog can only give answers based on the information it has available to it. Catalog has been wrong before. It did claimed the Halo 2 Scarab was a Type-36 even though Canon Fodder has stated it’s a Type-47. If I remember correctly, Grim did stated that Catalog’s answers are canon until another source says otherwise.
>
> About the Flood, Hunters did take place in 2555 while Catalog has stated at one point that the current year for it was 2558. It’s possible that the 07 research team either found a containment facility, and through some unfortunate accident the Flood got released or the Flood found 07 sometime after 2555. Or Catalog meant 05 and didn’t want to admit it made a mistake (I remember people trying to get Catalog to clarify if it meant 05 when it stated their was Flood presence on 07).

If Catalog was up to date enough to know about the Flood break out on 07 then it would have been up to date to know if the ring was clouded or not.

Catalog even said there were UNSC and Sangheili ships orbiting Installation 07, but I’ll let that slide a tad bit since that event hadn’t happened yet. Still though, every Halo source has said Installation 07 is super clouded, and Flood-infested.

And yet, this book tells the 100% complete opposite of everything we know about Installation 07. And it’s never explained as to why.

It’s really bugging the Yoink out of me.

halo lore has more plot holes then the moon

> 2535449157336878;19:
> halo lore has more plot holes then the moon

Not really.