Installation 04

I had a huge, huge, thread completely typed out and the site login went ape on me again, so I am going to retype this, short, straight and to a point.

I have basked in the glory of today’s announcements all afternoon, but as I sat down and thought about firefight, I can’t help but feel this way.

I don’t like firefight as much as some people. It’s fun, but not as fun as I think it could be. I was excited when 343 said they were trying something new with firefight. I was hoping for something like the heavily rumored flood firefight, or a huge, huge firefight map.
Don’t get me wrong, AI are cool, its just not as ground breaking as I would have hoped. Is anyone else slightly disappointed?

But keep it up 343. I love everything you announced (apart from the mentioned, which I only like) especially Prisoner. The lighting and glass on that map made me so happy.

As I type this, i get an idea. Invasion firefight.

Imagine a map like the spire. You spawn in the back, and fight your way through AI (they constantly get dropped as you kill them) and play like MM invasion.
Of course, original maps. And maybe make them last longer than MM invasion.
Anyway, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about what I just posted this thread on…
And please don’t take any of this the wrong way.

> I had a huge, huge, thread completely typed out and the site login went ape on me again, so I am going to retype this, short, straight and to a point.
>
> I have basked in the glory of today’s announcements all afternoon, but as I sat down and thought about firefight, I can’t help but feel this way.
>
> I don’t like firefight as much as some people. It’s fun, but not as fun as I think it could be. I was excited when 343 said they were trying something new with firefight. I was hoping for something like the heavily rumored flood firefight, or a huge, huge firefight map.
> Don’t get me wrong, AI are cool, its just not as ground breaking as I would have hoped. Is anyone else slightly disappointed?
>
> But keep it up 343. I love everything you announced (apart from the mentioned, which I only like) especially Prisoner. The lighting and glass on that map made me so happy.
>
> As I type this, i get an idea. Invasion firefight.
>
> Imagine a map like the spire. You spawn in the back, and fight your way through AI (they constantly get dropped as you kill them) and play like MM invasion.
> Of course, original maps. And maybe make them last longer than MM invasion.
> Anyway, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about what I just posted this thread on…
> And please don’t take any of this the wrong way.

Yeah I agree its a cool idea to have AI fighting with you, but
I kinda wish there was more objective gametypes for firefight like you said.

Hey, marine AI can make for some really fun firefight versus gamemodes. Hopefully this will kind of be able to revive that a bit.

You have to understand that there is only so much they can do with the Reach engine. I am thrilled and they have already exceeded my expectations. Halo is in very good hands.

I know, and I understand Reach’s limitations as well as any of us.
Its just that I was thinking that they could come up with a really creative way of a new firefight experience, and in a way, they did. I am just slightly underwhelmed.
I mean, warthogs have been in FF before (even if not chain) what is the big deal about it now?
That will be a blast sometimes though. hahah

I was hoping for something bigger too;along the lines of a larger experince that involved heavy tanks and maybe the falcon in firefight but I’ll take any additions to firefight.

I totally agree that the full potential of Firefight has to be implemented. But 343 has proven with Installation 04 that they recognize this. I would love more vehicle-oriented Firefight. Also, better networking.

Also keep in mind how young Firefight is. It’s still a baby feature.

Firefight is fun.

If we are going to see bigger and heavy vehicle firefight in Halo 4, we definitely need to see scarab rounds where scarabs show up and you need to take them down (or take them over, depending on which direction they decide to take with that.).

> If we are going to see bigger and heavy vehicle firefight in Halo 4, we definitely need to see scarab rounds where scarabs show up and you need to take them down (or take them over, depending on which direction they decide to take with that.).

Agreed

It all sounds very cool, But as I understand the biggest challenge with firefight has been keeping everything as lagless as possible and keeping everything in sync…which gets much harder as you add more vehicles and scarabs and stuff. But halo 4 is a year away and hopefully it will be possible then.

Good idea.

And a word of advice: Type out your bigger posts in a word editor, like notepad. Then copy & paste. That way you don’t have a big chance of losing it.

I like the idea of objective firefight, but, your example of spire is to me, pretty weak. It sounds like campaign at that point.

> Good idea.
>
> And a word of advice: Type out your bigger posts in a word editor, like notepad. Then copy & paste. That way you don’t have a big chance of losing it.

…or Type it out in the website then before you post Ctrl+A,Ctrl+C,Ctrl+P. Then if you lose it, you know that you can just paste it back it

Ontopic: Its a step in the right direction, I would have preffered if they mixed in flood as well… but there is only so much they can do with the engine and assets they have.