Installation 03

Installation 03 was first alluded to in the second Anniversary Terminal where we were introduced to its Monitor, 03-049 Abject Testament. The second time this Installation is shown we learn that the Office of Naval Intelligence has a research facility stationed near it. Now I have to wonder if we haven’t just heard about this ring as of late but have we already been on it?

Take a look at the Planet seen in the sky of Battle Canyon. Does it look like the Planet Threshold which Installation 04 is anchored to? Not really because the Planet appears Blue with Saturn sized Rings and Threshold is a Red Planet with no Rings. It could be Installation 05 as it orbits a Blue gas giant but Substance is also ringless. This leads me to believe that this Halo is not Installations 04 or 05.

The reason I think it’s Installation 03 is because if they have already made it a point to acknowledge both the station and its Monitor than why can’t this new map not allude to it also? It’s not simply a mistake because the Firefight map Installation 04 makes it clear what kind of a view it has of its anchor world. Someone made a conscious decision to make a unique Planet appear in the sky so it should be a pretty safe bet that it’s this Installation 03 we’ve been hearing about lately.

Battle Canyon Halo

Installation 04 Threshold

Installation 05 Substance

What do you guys think?

To be honest, that planet above Battle Canyon looks way to small to be an anchor world.

Take Threshold and Substance for example, they’re huge, dominating the skybox.

Are you sure that the ringed planet is not the moon of the Halo’s actual anchor world?

P.S. It kind of looks like the moon orbiting Reach.

It is possible that the Planet is actually a Moon and it does look very similar to Csodaszarvas which is Reach’s ringed moon. This would just raise even more question however. Does the UNSC have that much control over a Halo Installation that they could move it to Reach? It has been shown that Halos can easily move through Slipspace and we are shown the UNSC returning to Reach in the future so these instances could be connected.

I believe in one of the terminals you refer to it is also said by Guilty spark that Abject Testament was attempting to send reports but they were fragmented and unreadable, and that he infers it as a malfunction of the system, if Abject Testament did malfunction, it could be a reason why they have a base located outside of it and have had no reported interference with the installation, that we know of. Just a thought

I don’t know it was shown to have a volcanic surface 03

> I don’t know it was shown to have a volcanic surface 03

That’s because the surface on the Hologram was just Venus.

> > I don’t know it was shown to have a volcanic surface 03
>
> That’s because the surface on the Hologram was just Venus.

I think that the Halo’s in the Ark’s controle room are different colour only because Bungie wanted them to be a little different, rather than copies and pastes of the same thing.

Think about it, the two Installations that we have visited in game have had an environment that was compatable with Humans and the Covenant.

Coincidence…I think not.

I think that all of the Instalations will have the same environment, a mixture of grass land, desert, forrest, mountains and oceans.

> > > I don’t know it was shown to have a volcanic surface 03
> >
> > That’s because the surface on the Hologram was just Venus.
>
> I think that the Halo’s in the Ark’s controle room are different colour only because Bungie wanted them to be a little different, rather than copies and pastes of the same thing.
>
> Think about it, the two Installations that we have visited in game have had an environment that was compatable with Humans and the Covenant.
>
> Coincidence…I think not.
>
> I think that all of the Instalations will have the same environment, a mixture of grass land, desert, forrest, mountains and oceans.

Which is why I believe that Battle Canyon and possibly Ridgeline could be Installation 03 because they’re clearly not Installation 04. Ridgeline could be Installation 05 but that’s unknown. What is known is that Battle Canyon’s Halo has a completely different planet in the sky. It could be the Anchor world or just a moon of the Anchor world but what ever it is it isn’t 04.

Could that be Basis?

> > > > I don’t know it was shown to have a volcanic surface 03
> > >
> > > That’s because the surface on the Hologram was just Venus.
> >
> > I think that the Halo’s in the Ark’s controle room are different colour only because Bungie wanted them to be a little different, rather than copies and pastes of the same thing.
> >
> > Think about it, the two Installations that we have visited in game have had an environment that was compatable with Humans and the Covenant.
> >
> > Coincidence…I think not.
> >
> > I think that all of the Instalations will have the same environment, a mixture of grass land, desert, forrest, mountains and oceans.
>
> Which is why I believe that Battle Canyon and possibly Highlands could be Installation 03 because they’re clearly not Installation 04. Highlands could be Installation 05 but that’s unknown. What is known is that Battle Canyon’s Halo has a completely different planet in the sky. It could be the Anchor world or just a moon of the Anchor world but what ever it is it isn’t 04.

Highlands is on Reach…

> Could that be Basis?

On Battle Canyon? I don’t think so. This is Basis.

> Highlands is on Reach…

Woops, I meant Ridgeline

> > Could that be Basis?
>
> On Battle Canyon? I don’t think so. This is Basis.

Basis could have been retconned to have rings.

> > > Could that be Basis?
> >
> > On Battle Canyon? I don’t think so. This is Basis.
>
> Basis could have been retconned to have rings.

If that was the case then Basis would have Rings in both Anniversary and the Installation 04 Firefight map.

> > > > Could that be Basis?
> > >
> > > On Battle Canyon? I don’t think so. This is Basis.
> >
> > Basis could have been retconned to have rings.
>
> If that was the case then Basis would have Rings in both Anniversary and the Installation 04 Firefight map.

True.

The Halo Encyclopedia confirmed that Installation 03 is volcanic. I think that these multiplayer maps may be non-canon. :confused:

> The Halo Encyclopedia confirmed that Installation 03 is volcanic. I think that these multiplayer maps may be non-canon. :confused:

There is very little information on the Halo Rings not yet encountered and the descriptions in the Halo Encyclopedia are nothing more than what little they could say about the holograms seen in Halo 3. This is even mentioned in the other descriptions. If 343i wishes to expand beyond this they can.

One explanation could be found in the Halo Anniversary Terminals where Guilty Spark is shown blowing large chunks of the surface into Space. Considering the Ring is fully intact by the time the Autumn gets there, it would be safe to believe that he can replenish that land after discarding it. It’s possible what was seen in Halo 3 is originally what the Ring was supposed to look like but is now reconfigured for Human use.

But the main reason is Bungie just chose to use stock NASA photos of the other planets instead of designing new landmasses or pasting Installation 04’s over and over again.

> > The Halo Encyclopedia confirmed that Installation 03 is volcanic. I think that these multiplayer maps may be non-canon. :confused:
>
> There is very little information on the Halo Rings not yet encountered and the descriptions in the Halo Encyclopedia are nothing more than what little they could say about the holograms seen in Halo 3. This is even mentioned in the other descriptions. If 343i wishes to expand beyond this they can.
>
> One explanation could be found in the Halo Anniversary Terminals where Guilty Spark is shown blowing large chunks of the surface into Space. Considering the Ring is fully intact by the time the Autumn gets there, it would be safe to believe that he can replenish that land after discarding it. It’s possible what was seen in Halo 3 is originally what the Ring was supposed to look like but is now reconfigured for Human use.
>
> But the main reason is Bungie just chose to use stock NASA photos of the other planets instead of designing new landmasses or pasting Installation 04’s over and over again.

I can see what your getting at, and this may be a good reason for the Halo Encyclopedia to be re-written from the ground up, since their are a lot of mistakes in it, and this could be one of them, but I kinda feel that the holograms, in my opinion, show what the rings really look like, and at that point in time too at that, but what your saying sounds good too.

> > The Halo Encyclopedia confirmed that Installation 03 is volcanic. I think that these multiplayer maps may be non-canon. :confused:
>
> One explanation could be found in the Halo Anniversary Terminals where Guilty Spark is shown blowing large chunks of the surface into Space. Considering the Ring is fully intact by the time the Autumn gets there, it would be safe to believe that he can replenish that land after discarding it. It’s possible what was seen in Halo 3 is originally what the Ring was supposed to look like but is now reconfigured for Human use.

343 Guilty Spark talks about the recovery of the landmass (before he is interupted) suggesting that the landmass would fall back down to the Halo.

Also, the Halo 3 Halo was incomplete, thats why it looked the way it did.

However one thing I’d like to point out.
Alpha Halo = Earth like
Delta Halo = Earth like
The Ark = Earth like.
Surley the Ark would have an even selection of the different surface types to match eac of the 7 Halos. Yet it has one big Earth like surface, which suggests that all the Halo wouls be the same.

Perhaps all the rings started out with an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, and over time some became overrun with flood, and others were altered wholesale by their bored monitors. Weve already seen that the monitors can alter their installations.

Just putting it out there…

Multiplayer isn’t canon.

Isn’t it more likely that the map designers just didn’t want all the maps the have a similar skybox?