Input lag for vehicles

Hi guys,

I have had a really hard time upping my banshee skills, or general flying vehicle skills really, to get the most out of those reqs. Once you get the hang of it they´re very powerful reqs and thus more fun to use obviously. But I have struggled a lot with the banshees and phaetons in particular as they often seem unresponsive to my controller input. I have seen youtube videos like those from Spliced where he uses the banshee to perfection (more or less) and he uses the banshee in ways I can only dream of. Obviously, skill is involved, but just simple things I see in videos and in matchmaking I cannot do, like looping and rolling repeatedly, or in the case of the phaeton, perform the evade move.

So I went into a custom game with a friend of mine (lives in my geographical region) and voila, the banshee works as intended and I can do things I cannot perform in matchmaking very often and it feels responsive to my controller input. Obviously, I have also verified my controllers and there is nothing wrong with them (I have 3). In matchmaking I often find myself tapping the bumper to roll or loop and nothing happens. Fighting another banshee or someone aiming at you with rockets/laser and my banshee won´t roll or loop. Once every now and then sure but not the way its supposed to or the way it handles in a custom with just a friend. Even firing the weapon can be delayed, and in the case of the phaeton the evade move is just simply not registering and I end up being a sitting duck just waiting to be shot down. Then randomly the evade happens (not due to cool down/recharge).

What I am trying to say here is that there seems to be issues with the servers/networking that affects the control of these vehicles when you have latency in the game. We all know there are server issues and also a related discussion to “heavy aim” in some other threads. It seems they may be related to one another as a general “controller/input lag” issue which seemingly stem from the same root cause. In the case of the infamous heavy aim, me and others have also reported the rockets for instance wont fire on occasions even if you tap that trigger. In that sense it feels the same with the vehicles - controller input is not registered.

Dear 343 - controller input can never be delayed due to server issues or latency! My controller input must always feel responsive on the monitor even if actions in the game on the server are delayed/latent. Its simply unacceptable that we have controller input lag due to lag/latency.

I’ve experienced controller input lag not with vehicles but with rocket launcher. Once on coleseum i’ve picked rocket and jumped to red bridge, and i’ve pushed 3 times (3!!!) the button but no rocket was fired…

> 2533274818602344;2:
> I’ve experienced controller input lag not with vehicles but with rocket launcher. Once on coleseum i’ve picked rocket and jumped to red bridge, and i’ve pushed 3 times (3!!!) the button but no rocket was fired…

Exactly that, same map same issue but jumping to blue bridge. Tapping that trigger and nothing…

But it seems way worse for me with the flying vehicles for some reason.