Inheritors Should be heard

Am I the only one that thinks those of us who put the 100+ DAYS into the game should get some kind of extra forum on here that 343 actually reads? I know everyone thinks they have a right to their 2 cents, but people that have been playing it over a year shouldn’t get legit concerns flooded away by all the same whining all the time. I mean there are so many things 343 has yet to address. Are they ignoring us completely or just not picking up on anything that doesn’t get 50 threads a day whining about it?

*** Credit cap - A. There’s no reason for capping Inheritors in the first place. obviously, they can change it by rank since General and below were capped different. B. What possible reason the the cap serve anyway at this point? There are plenty of people that can’t play during the week and would like to spend 12 hours or more on Saturday racking credits. Then there are others that have nothing better to do. After spending $60 or more on the bloody game, we should be able to rack as many credits as we want so long as it’s not by AFKing.

*** Voting rounds - Arguably, they could get away with 3 rounds in most matchmaking lists, and I think they definitely should in some of them. Firefight Arcade, on the other hand, should have just as many rounds as maps (or at least do like 5). I mean, why not? You go wit ha full party of 4 when you can anyway, so why shouldn’t you get the amp you want all the time? Score Attack should have unlimited rounds (or close).

*** Broken medals - Why did we get a title update that fixed almost nothing? The Funkadelic medal is still broken, far as I know, and there are plenty of others that have never been possible. If they ever do another update, they should really make Skullamanjaro give 25 points without ending the game so the medal can be attained in Multi-Team/Big Team/Team Objective(?).

Firefight specific

• Firefight Griefers - Obviously, they can’t be detected. There should be a way to submit a video of people being -Yoink- bags. There really should be consequences for being a -Yoink-. They ban people for resetting challenges to boost there credits even though that has no effect on others’ enjoyment of the game; yet, people can constantly ruin matches and you get quit-banned if you leave while they get off scott free.

• DNF issues - When the host in FF quits and you get counted as DNF too. Not sure if ther’es anything that can be done there or not, but it records stats and your quit-ban doesn’t start until the match actualy ends for you so I would think they could check some other way that it was completed before marking the DNF.

• Unfrigginbelievable!? - We need a firefight gametype that runs more than 1 set to make Unfrigs and Inconceivables possible. Something with dropships every round, no time limit, limited lives, and ArcadeFight loadouts. Even if it only appears in Doubles as Endurance Fight or something, it should be an option.

• Firefight loadouts - Why no laser loadout for ArcadeFight or a LaserFight? It’s like the least available weapon in firefight.

*Skulls - Why is there never any change to the order the skulls are turned on? After nearly a year and a half, the Tough Luck skull is really getting old.

Matchmaking specific

• Community maps - Why aren’t they in all playlists? SWAT doesn’t even have Atom, much less the newer ones that Team Slayer etc got. Snipers got Atom, but not SWAT. I’ve never seen the newer community maps in Multi-Team or Action Sack either.

• Rocket Hog Race - Why was Boneyard removed? What possible reason is there to drop Boneyard but still stick us with Paradiso? Also, could we please get some Sprint/Evade?

• Friendly fire - Is it really necessary in SWAT and Splockets? For that matter, why can’t they turn off friendly fire in Living Dead since they had to disable betrayal booting? I can’t be the only one that’s noticed people betray for fun sometimes or because they didn’t get the map they wanted. Frankly, I’m tempted to do it everytime I try for that achievement and no Defiant maps come up because somebody was too cheap to get the pack.

p.s. Why is it that every other place that uses the MS/Hotmail Passport login can do it perfectly, but this place has been buggy as hell the whole time? Bungie.net never breaks my login, says ‘access denied’, or forward me back to the forum home when I refresh a thread I left open for a few hours.

Who are you appealing to?
Us, the ones you don’t want included in your discussion, or all of those Inheritors out there that make up a very, very small percentage?

(not knocking on Inheritors, asking why appeal to the masses when there is no mass, at least not yet?)

> Am I the only one that thinks those of us who put the 100+ DAYS into the game should get some kind of extra forum on here that 343 actually reads? I know everyone thinks they have a right to their 2 cents, but people that have been playing it over a year shouldn’t get legit concerns flooded away by all the same whining all the time. I mean there are so many things 343 has yet to address. Are they ignoring us completely or just not picking up on anything that doesn’t get 50 threads a day whining about it?
>
>
> <mark>*** Credit cap - A. There’s no reason for capping Inheritors in the first place. obviously, they can change it by rank since General and below were capped different. B. What possible reason the the cap serve anyway at this point? There are plenty of people that can’t play during the week and would like to spend 12 hours or more on Saturday racking credits. Then there are others that have nothing better to do. After spending $60 or more on the bloody game, we should be able to rack as many credits as we want so long as it’s not by AFKing.</mark>
>
> *** Voting rounds - Arguably, they could get away with 3 rounds in most matchmaking lists, and I think they definitely should in some of them. Firefight Arcade, on the other hand, should have just as many rounds as maps (or at least do like 5). I mean, why not? You go wit ha full party of 4 when you can anyway, so why shouldn’t you get the amp you want all the time? Score Attack should have unlimited rounds (or close).
>
> *** Broken medals - Why did we get a title update that fixed almost nothing? The Funkadelic medal is still broken, far as I know, and there are plenty of others that have never been possible. If they ever do another update, they should really make Skullamanjaro give 25 points without ending the game so the medal can be attained in Multi-Team/Big Team/Team Objective(?).
>
>
> Firefight specific
>
> * Firefight Griefers - Obviously, they can’t be detected. There should be a way to submit a video of people being -Yoink!- bags. There really should be consequences for being a -Yoink!-. They ban people for resetting challenges to boost there credits even though that has no effect on others’ enjoyment of the game; yet, people can constantly ruin matches and you get quit-banned if you leave while they get off scott free.
>
> * DNF issues - When the host in FF quits and you get counted as DNF too. Not sure if ther’es anything that can be done there or not, but it records stats and your quit-ban doesn’t start until the match actualy ends for you so I would think they could check some other way that it was completed before marking the DNF.
>
> * Unfrigginbelievable!? - We need a firefight gametype that runs more than 1 set to make Unfrigs and Inconceivables possible. Something with dropships every round, no time limit, limited lives, and ArcadeFight loadouts. Even if it only appears in Doubles as Endurance Fight or something, it should be an option.
>
> * Firefight loadouts - Why no laser loadout for ArcadeFight or a LaserFight? It’s like the least available weapon in firefight.
>
>
> Matchmaking specific
>
> * Community maps - Why aren’t they in all playlists? SWAT doesn’t even have Atom, much less the newer ones that Team Slayer etc got. Snipers got Atom, but not SWAT. I’ve never seen the newer community maps in Multi-Team or Action Sack either.
>
> * Rocket Hog Race - Why was Boneyard removed? What possible reason is there to drop Boneyard but still stick us with Paradiso? Also, could we please get some Sprint/Evade?
>
> * Friendly fire - Is it really necessary in SWAT and Splockets? For that matter, why can’t they turn off friendly fire in Living Dead since they had to disable betrayal booting? I can’t be the only one that’s noticed people betray for fun sometimes or because they didn’t get the map they wanted. Frankly, I’m tempted to do it everytime I try for that achievement and no Defiant maps come up because somebody was too cheap to get the pack.
>
> p.s. Why is it that every other place that uses the MS/Hotmail Passport login can do it perfectly, but this place has been buggy as hell the whole time? Bungie.net never breaks my login, says ‘access denied’, or forward me back to the forum home when I refresh a thread I left open for a few hours.

By the time you hit Inheritor, you have enough cR to buy out the entire armoury with some left over, you are playing all the time like you a cR capped.

I agree with you man! Got my Inheritor today :slight_smile:

This post has been edited by a Moderator: Please do not attack or flame other forum members and do not single out individuals.

Congratulations on your Inheritor rank!

I know it may often seem that that you are being ignored when in fact you are not. Folks from 343i do read the forums and take do take our feedback into consideration. These forums, and many others, are a very valid resource for feedback. I cannot seem them actively avoiding them because that would be unwise.

Also, remember that 343i has a game releasing soon, and they are devoting all possible resources to creating the best possible game for us to enjoy this fall.

No, they don’t deserve anything at all.

Inheritors are just people that exploited the firefight system, I would rather not hear from them. I played an Inheritor last night in Reach and smashed him.

Uh… no.

I’ve been playing for over a year myself - I’m only an Eclipse. Does this mean that, because I have a lower rank than you, my opinion is worth less than yours?

Frankly, your attitude concerns me. You have some valid points in there (as well as some rather petty ones which I won’t waste our time in addressing), and overall I’d congratulate you on your intelligence being above that of the Halo community median. That intelligence doesn’t broker you a higher right to an opinion, nor for that opinion to be heard.

Personally, I don’t believe anybody should be getting preferential treatment. That’s not what the word ‘community’ means.

i have a friend who’s been playing since it came out and is only a brigadier, does his opinion not count?

The majority of Inheritors are just boosters, the only advice most of them would give would just to be allowed to exploit the game further. How many Inheritors would ask for a Banshee bomb nerf?

and why should we listen to them if they’ve played for 100 days? I played Reach nearly every day for a whole year. Does that mean 343 should listen to me even more?

summary of thread:

my opinion means more / should be heard

BECAUSE I BOOST FIREFIGHT FOR HOURS ON END.

> summary of thread:
>
> my opinion means more / should be heard
>
> BECAUSE I BOOST FIREFIGHT FOR HOURS ON END.

My shiny emblem is worth more than yours.

> Inheritors are just people that exploited the firefight system, I would rather not hear from them. I played an Inheritor last night in Reach and smashed him.

I don’t agree with OP, but please don’t generalize. I got my Inheritor almost completely through multiplayer matchmaking. I only played Firefight a very small percentage of the time and didn’t exploit anything. I’m not claiming that makes me good or deserving of any special treatment, but I dislike being accused of something I didn’t do as part of someone’s fallacious reasoning. Just the fact that I continue to play even though earning credits is useless to me at this point should indicate how much I love this game for the fun it provides and would not enjoy exploiting it for a mere title.

> summary of thread:
>
> my opinion means more / should be heard
>
> BECAUSE I BOOST FIREFIGHT FOR HOURS ON END.

Yep, that’s why I have over 11,000 games in matchmaking and all matchmaking commendations onyx with all but 4 MAXED.

> How many Inheritors would ask for a Banshee bomb nerf?

I want it nerfed. I rarely use one. And when I do, I don’t do well anyway. In other words, I didn’t boost my rank using the Banshee.

> > summary of thread:
> >
> > my opinion means more / should be heard
> >
> > BECAUSE I BOOST FIREFIGHT FOR HOURS ON END.
>
> Yep, that’s why I have over 11,000 games in matchmaking and all matchmaking commendations onyx with all but 4 MAXED.

playing the game more than someone doesnt make your opinion more valid, or more worth hearing.

grats though, your super high rank. does it mean anything? nope. can ANYONE achieve this rank regardless of their skill level by simply playing all day every day? yep.

> > > summary of thread:
> > >
> > > my opinion means more / should be heard
> > >
> > > BECAUSE I BOOST FIREFIGHT FOR HOURS ON END.
> >
> > Yep, that’s why I have over 11,000 games in matchmaking and all matchmaking commendations onyx with all but 4 MAXED.
>
> playing the game more than someone doesnt make your opinion more valid, or more worth hearing.
>
> grats though, your super high rank. does it mean anything? nope. can ANYONE achieve this rank regardless of their skill level by simply playing all day every day? yep.

I didn’t say anything about skill. It’s about experience with the game. The time spent seeing everything good and bad.

Having a high K/D, a great W/L, a bunch of kills with a particular weapon, or a high rank does not make you an authority. You have the same right to your opinion as anyone else does, and that is all.

When I saw this post it kind made me mad… why would 343 give extra attention to people who exploited their system or to people who played it a lot more we are a community and a ranking in a game shouldn’t change ones standing… It seems really arrogant to even suggest it. If you make any special forums give it to the people who are good on the forums those who give good ideas and such. Not to people who got to a certian rank in a game. That is just my two cents either agree or disagree.

Happy 343 Day (16 minutes left where I am…)