Inheritors in Matchmaking

As I play multiplayer matchmaking, I sometimes find myself on a team with an inheritor. Looking forward to playing with them, I expect that the game will be an enjoyable one.

50 kills later, they’re at the bottom of the team with a -10 K/D. Am I the only one who gets annoyed when this happens?

Extremely annoyed, actually. I understand having an occasional bad game. But these inheritors sometimes have a cumulative service record K/D of .75 or below. Apologies to any of the legitimate inheritors out there, but my respect for them continually declines, even more rapidly as I myself progress into the higher ranks.

Thoughts? Do you think there should be more requirements to rank up than just cR or time spent playing? Or do you think these inheritors have a right to their rank, regardless of their skill?

“Those inheritors” is a broad statement, and a unaccurate one too.

rank is not indicative of skill.

> As I play multiplayer matchmaking, I sometimes find myself on a team with an inheritor. Looking forward to playing with them, I expect that the game will be an enjoyable one.
>
> 50 kills later, they’re at the bottom of the team with a -10 K/D. Am I the only one who gets annoyed when this happens?
>
> Extremely annoyed, actually. I understand having an occasional bad game. But these inheritors sometimes have a cumulative service record K/D of .75 or below. Apologies to any of the legitimate inheritors out there, but my respect for them continually declines, even more rapidly as I myself progress into the higher ranks.
>
> Thoughts? Do you think there should be more requirements to rank up than just cR or time spent playing? Or do you think these inheritors have a right to their rank, regardless of their skill?

eh they arent always bad

Do they deserve it, yes, that was the way the system was set up from the start. I dont like it when anybody plays bad on my team, I dont care what rank they are. Everybody cant be great or even good.

Inheritors experience: 3 occasions

1st encounter: Complete uter destruction had 7 others with him and their team sat on the cliffs sniping, one banshee and a warthog. map: paradiso match lasted 6 mins

2nd encounter: Awsome match, The inheritor on my team this time was one of the best drivers ive had match was CTF on Hemmorage, hardly much effort all three maps in less than 5 mins

3rd encounter: this was just before, again a full BTB team all of hem in vehicles, revenent with sniper glitch, wraith, ghosts, warthog all for 1 CTF was rediculous all of my team either left or got DC

> rank is not indicative of skill.

which is the problem. i have no respect for somebody who is a higher rank than me because it has absolutely nothing to do with how good at the game they are. the rank is meaningless, which shouldn’t be the case

The rank in reach is meant to show how many credits you earned, thats it. Maybe the inheritors you played against only played firefight matchmaking.

If it meant something, I’m pretty sure alot more people would be still playing it.

My reaction when I saw a so called “Legitimate” inheritor idling in my ArcadeFight game

> > rank is not indicative of skill.
>
> which is the problem. i have no respect for somebody who is a higher rank than me because it has absolutely nothing to do with how good at the game they are. the rank is meaningless, which shouldn’t be the case

The rank is something for players who are loyal to the brand and willing to invest the time to reach it. The Arena or MLG tournaments are both there for those of you who want to brag about your controller skills. Being an Inheritor was never meant to be an indication of your KD.

Another thing that drives me nuts? People talking about the “legite” Inheritors. Lol. Like if your KD is low you aren’t “legite”.

A forum is a lot like a circus sideshow. Kinda fun to pop in and check out all the freaks, but it gets scary after a while and you just wanna get the hell out.

Rank = Time spent on game

Skill is achieved by playing a lot. (which is time spent on game)

Not always the case, but usually the more time you spend time doing something, the better you get at it. (IF YOU TRY)

But yes, there are a lot of high ranks out there that play like noobs.
Also some people learn faster than others or are simply better at doing certain things.

> As I play multiplayer matchmaking, I sometimes find myself on a team with an inheritor. Looking forward to playing with them, I expect that the game will be an enjoyable one.
>
> 50 kills later, they’re at the bottom of the team with a -10 K/D. Am I the only one who gets annoyed when this happens?
>
> Extremely annoyed, actually. I understand having an occasional bad game. But these inheritors sometimes have a cumulative service record K/D of .75 or below. Apologies to any of the legitimate inheritors out there, but my respect for them continually declines, even more rapidly as I myself progress into the higher ranks.
>
> Thoughts? Do you think there should be more requirements to rank up than just cR or time spent playing? Or do you think these inheritors have a right to their rank, regardless of their skill?

First, and foremost, unlike Halo 3 rank in Reach is not determined by skill at all, and no, this late in the game it’s not going to change.

While the game is now finally old enough for a few legit inheritors most inheritors are lousy at the game because they boosted / credit farmed the credits that got them their rank and didn’t really face real players trying to kill them.

You don’t improve your skill using save glitches, hanging out in Wraith turrets, prancing around sword base with a target locator, or sitting idle in fire fight matches.

And that’s exactly how most inheritors got their rank, cheating and boosting.

So they’re no good at the game.

I gaurantee if you take 10 inheritors and look through their service record from the first day they played until now, 8 of them will have cheating and boosting in their game history.

Inheritor means nothing in Reach other than you had lots of free time on your hands and you figured out how to cheat w/o getting caught.

Most Inheritors I’ve come across have been very skilled, but I do find the occasional not-so-great ones.

I know that rank isn’t indicative of skill, but usually somebody who invests that much time has to have some skill! At least, I’d hope so.

i know what you mean i playedd a game with two novas yesterday (who where in a party together) 1 got 4 kills the other got 6. if rank really=skills they would have topped the leaderboard (this was zombies as well which, while fun doesn’t take much skill at all)

I once met an inheritor in team slayer and his team had tons higher ranks than us. Then in the game, he lost even when their team had a shotgun and rockets.

most inheritors are just ff afkers

There are still no legit inheritors yet. Bungie designed the credit system to last about 3 years for a reasonable player to reach Inheritor, and even considering 343i has accelerated that schedule because theyve got a game out next year, there still hasnt been enough time yet for there to be any truly legit non boosted inheritors.

Vast majority you meet will have major boosted firefight commendations and/or banshee boosting, check it out next time you see one.

I have definitely seen a few Inheritors worthy of the rank, who have fought valiantly and well… kicked my poor Spartan out the door with several bullets through his visor.