Inheritor: Why People Don't Want The Grind?

So, with anyone who is familiar with Halo: Reach’s ranking system, you know that the highest rank you can get is Inheritor. Obtaining this rank takes some serious gameplay and effort put in on the players part to grind all the way up to earn the rank/title. But lately, I’ve been seeing a trend among the threads/forums lately. A large amount of people don’t seem to want to grind for the Inheritor rank and just want to find shortcuts or exploits to help them obtain cR, Armors, Ranks. Why?

The whole point of reaching something like the Inheritor Rank is to show off your effort that you put in the game. It’s why there is a ranking system to begin with. To track and show your progress and dedication. Back in the day, if you seen someone who was an Inheritor, there was a level of respect because you knew they worked hard for it. But nowadays, people just hack, mod, or use exploits to boost there way to the top. What is the point of it?

Now, some people might say something like: “Maybe they don’t have the time to put into the game to max their rank.” Then why even buy the game? Why buy a game if you aren’t going to put the time into it? It generally makes me sick when I see all these people asking how to earn cR and over half the replies are “Go AFK in Forge” or “Play Griffball and sit in the corner of the match for the entire round.”

I just don’t understand it. Why by the game at all if you want to be the highest level, unlock everything, but not put any effort into it? That’s the whole point of it. The grind. The challenge and putting in the time in effort. It makes it so much more rewarding when you manage to finally unlock a piece of armor you have been working to get when you do it legit. Is it that people want to try and impress people by saying “Oh, I an Inheritor.” even though they didn’t truly work for it? It sucks because these days, it’s not even an honor to reach Inheritor anymore because no one really cares anymore. Like I said, in the past, if you seen an Inheritor, you knew they worked for it. But today, you don’t know if they’ve done it legit or exploited their way to the top.

So I am being serious when I ask why do people want to just take all the shortcuts to get all the rewards over actually doing it? Because so many people have exploited to get Inheritor…it takes away that extra feeling of accomplishment one feels when they actually make it to Inheritor. Yea, they know they did it and can be proud of that, but most people aren’t going to believe they worked for it since so many people these days max out and don’t work for it. What gains or benefits does one truly and honestly get out of taking the easy route over actually working for it?

it took me 2 years to become Inheritor lol

> 2533274825070341;2:
> it took me 2 years to become Inheritor lol

Okay…and? Like I said in my post: people these days aren’t impressed anymore when someone says “I’m an Inheritor.” anymore like they use to. I’m trying to figure out why people don’t want to “grind” to Inheritor and want to exploit and take short cuts to get there and why benefits do they gain other than they can say they did it quickly.

> 2533274946078881;3:
> > 2533274825070341;2:
> > it took me 2 years to become Inheritor lol
>
> Okay…and? Like I said in my post: people these days aren’t impressed anymore when someone says “I’m an Inheritor.” anymore like they use to. I’m trying to figure out why people don’t want to “grind” to Inheritor and want to exploit and take short cuts to get there and why benefits do they gain other than they can say they did it quickly.

Personally, when I was able to play Reach before the power button on my 360 decided to go (My 360 would randomly turn itself off, and make the ding sound when it did as if somebody physically pressed the power button), I just played for fun with friends, primarily Firefight Matchmaking. I never really cared about my rank as I have the armor I want, which is displayed here on Waypoint thankfully (And I was able to model paint and make my own Spartan-III from the McFarlane Halo: Reach Figures, as well as my Halo 2 and Halo 3 Spartan, and yes, my Reach Spartan figure has the UA/NXRA Hip Attachment which I had to destroy a Marine figure to create the custom piece from it’s leg).

For me, it was about having fun with friends personally, as well as breaking the game via vehicle launches and mega wheelies that makes up for any time put into Halo: Reach, I don’t need a title to express that. The inheritor title personally has no meaning to me(And I know my rank is Hero and not Inheritor). I was happy to play with friends when they did consistently play the game and I had a functioning Xbox.

As for earning cR, I think people forget about the daily challenges. ‘Shootin N Lootin’, ‘Blastin N Relaxin’, and ‘Light Fare’ are by far the easiest ways to earn upto 4000 cR. Kill 100-200 enemies in any game mode in Reach. It’s easy to do and you’re given a good chunk of cR in my book for it, so I never understood why people recommend exploiting, just play the game as intended by the developer and keep up to your binding agreement on Code of Conduct and Terms of Use.

Unfortunately, it will be harder to tell if a person managed to get to Inheritor legitimately from Waypoint due to detailed stats being discontinued, though if they have a rediculous K/D, you know they boosted in Grifball. If you look at their detailed stats on the game and don’t have many games played despite the title of Inheritor (And I have seen examples of this when Waypoint had it’s detailed stats up), they hacked/modded their progress (Unless it is a Bungie Employee, in which well, you know, and I did come across three before Blue Flames were given out on June 14, 2011, photo proof . The Rocketfight Round timer stopped, and these three approached me and stood still for about 15 seconds, while I slowly looked at them with my Rocket, then the timer and game continued. One of the players whose name I will not give for obvious reasons then sent me a message with a link to the photo.)

> 2533274898831741;4:
> > 2533274946078881;3:
> > > 2533274825070341;2:
> > > it took me 2 years to become Inheritor lol
> >
> > Okay…and? Like I said in my post: people these days aren’t impressed anymore when someone says “I’m an Inheritor.” anymore like they use to. I’m trying to figure out why people don’t want to “grind” to Inheritor and want to exploit and take short cuts to get there and why benefits do they gain other than they can say they did it quickly.
>
> Personally, when I was able to play Reach before the power button on my 360 decided to go (My 360 would randomly turn itself off, and make the ding sound when it did as if somebody physically pressed the power button), I just played for fun with friends, primarily Firefight Matchmaking. I never really cared about my rank as I have the armor I want, which is displayed here on Waypoint thankfully (And I was able to model paint and make my own Spartan-III from the McFarlane Halo: Reach Figures, as well as my Halo 2 and Halo 3 Spartan, and yes, my Reach Spartan figure has the UA/NXRA Hip Attachment which I had to destroy a Marine figure to create the custom piece from it’s leg).
>
> For me, it was about having fun with friends personally, as well as breaking the game via vehicle launches and mega wheelies that makes up for any time put into Halo: Reach, I don’t need a title to express that. The inheritor title personally has no meaning to me(And I know my rank is Hero and not Inheritor). I was happy to play with friends when they did consistently play the game and I had a functioning Xbox.
>
> As for earning cR, I think people forget about the daily challenges. ‘Shootin N Lootin’, ‘Blastin N Relaxin’, and ‘Light Fare’ are by far the easiest ways to earn upto 4000 cR. Kill 100-200 enemies in any game mode in Reach. It’s easy to do and you’re given a good chunk of cR in my book for it, so I never understood why people recommend exploiting, just play the game as intended by the developer and keep up to your binding agreement on Code of Conduct and Terms of Use.
>
> Unfortunately, it will be harder to tell if a person managed to get to Inheritor legitimately from Waypoint due to detailed stats being discontinued, though if they have a rediculous K/D, you know they boosted in Grifball. If you look at their detailed stats on the game and don’t have many games played despite the title of Inheritor (And I have seen examples of this when Waypoint had it’s detailed stats up), they hacked/modded their progress (Unless it is a Bungie Employee, in which well, you know, and I did come across three before Blue Flames were given out on June 14, 2011, photo proof . The Rocketfight Round timer stopped, and these three approached me and stood still for about 15 seconds, while I slowly looked at them with my Rocket, then the timer and game continued. One of the players whose name I will not give for obvious reasons then sent me a message with a link to the photo.)

And I agree, games should be fun and played for the enjoyment of it. I am mostly referring to the people who exploit Grifball for large amounts of cR and say it is the best/legitimate way to earn cR fast and how it is complete B.S. to do so when the challenges are far more effective and less likely to get you banned. I just don’t understand the why they do it or what enjoyment they get out of it. It’s like, is it really worth using exploits to get max rank fast and risk getting banned when it would be much easier and more fun to just play the damn game the wat it was meant to be? It just seems like more people would rather do something like the Grifball exploiting over actually playing the game.

The mentality of cheating in any way in a video game is just bizarre to me.

I play REACH because I enjoy it. I may pop in the MCC or REACH, often both on the same night because I don’t get to play too often.
My rank is slowly creeping up and it’s rewarding to buy the stuff I want - Which changes all the time :-).

I was real happy to buy inclement weather though. I’ve spent a long time admiring my Spartan with that!

Yeah I agree I will admit I used to think that way using an exploit but then I chose not to cause like you said i learned that it’s much more rewarding to earn the armor and title at least that way I don’t feel like a dam cheater I just wish everyone else got the chance to learn that

Because at the core of it the system has little to nothing to do with any skill, ability, or interaction with the game. Most credits are earned from pure time. All the system incentivizes is time in the game. So if they want the rewards that’s all they do, just have the game on while they focus most of their attention on something else in their life.

> 2533274849645270;8:
> Because at the core of it the system has little to nothing to do with any skill, ability, or interaction with the game. Most credits are earned from pure time. All the system incentivizes is time in the game. So if they want the rewards that’s all they do, just have the game on while they focus most of their attention on something else in their life.

Yea, and it’s complete B.S. when you have people who actually play the game the way it’s suppose to and then -yoinks- that will just be AFK for the free cR.

If I see an Inheritor, one can generally glance at a person stats and see how legit they are.

At least when we had detailed stats… those are gone forever now to us? I see some features are getting sunset on as the years press on… so sad, why take away? Since D2’s declined I’ve watched Reach’s player base jump an average of about a thousand players a night… I’ve climbed almost half way to Legend in the past two months, I feel like I’ve just become reacquainted with an old girlfriend and she’s just as smoking hot as ever and only become better in bed.

back in my day the title of inheritor was a grand thing tell my account got hacked and now it feels like a waste of time to do all over again but i do wish to hold the rank again i always see it as a grand fight to go against another especially if its a full team in BTB

> 2535473624789028;11:
> back in my day the title of inheritor was a grand thing tell my account got hacked and now it feels like a waste of time to do all over again but i do wish to hold the rank again i always see it as a grand fight to go against another especially if its a full team in BTB

Honestly, I’d avoid BTB. Last time I played, it was nothing but a cheat/hack fest. One guy on my team was physically flying around the map with a bottomless clip sniper just shooting randomly and getting instant headshots on the entire enemy team. At the end of the match, he had like 89+ kills and I was second on my team playing legit and I only had like 3-4 kills. He even put those little waypoints over the enemies (the ones you see when you have like 5 enemies remaining in firefight)

In the end, he was just like “Good luck reporting me because nothing will happen to me even if you do.” It killed it for me so pretty much all I play now is SWAT.

Why do people take pride in having no life? In H3 people took pride in getting a 50 in less than 100 games. I’ll always respect people who stand out for their skill. Im not impressed with no-lifes who are inheritor but cant win a 1v1 and have a crappy k/d

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274840836213;13:
> Why do people take pride in having no life? In H3 people took pride in getting a 50 in less than 100 games. I’ll always respect people who stand out for their skill. Im not impressed with no-lifes who are inheritor but cant win a 1v1 and have a crappy k/d

Okay, you can take that crap and shove it. First off, K/D isn’t about everything. Bragging about a high K/D is like saying you can bend down and touch your toes. Second off, just because someone is an Inheritor doesn’t mean they have “no-life”. Hell, I am slowly working to reach Inheritor around my personal life, working in an hour or two here and there. Just because someone spent a lot of time doing something they like and enjoy, how is it not having a life. Regardless of how you see it, if someone gets enjoyment out of play a video game a lot, then to them, they could be living life and it’s not your place to judge how they do so. This thread is about finding out why people do something, not bashing on them for doing said thing. If you are going to do that, then you can just leave.

> 2533274946078881;14:
> > 2533274840836213;13:
> > Why do people take pride in having no life? In H3 people took pride in getting a 50 in less than 100 games. I’ll always respect people who stand out for their skill. Im not impressed with no-lifes who are inheritor but cant win a 1v1 and have a crappy k/d
>
> Okay, you can take that crap and shove it. First off, K/D isn’t about everything. Bragging about a high K/D is like saying you can bend down and touch your toes. Second off, just because someone is an Inheritor doesn’t mean they have “no-life”. Hell, I am slowly working to reach Inheritor around my personal life, working in an hour or two here and there. Just because someone spent a lot of time doing something they like and enjoy, how is it not having a life. Regardless of how you see it, if someone gets enjoyment out of play a video game a lot, then to them, they could be living life and it’s not your place to judge how they do so. This thread is about finding out why people do something, not bashing on them for doing said thing. If you are going to do that, then you can just leave.

I’m not trying to bash. I just don’t think most Halo fans cared about earning experience when Reach came out after being used to the H2/H3 system. It’s like being jealous of a 10th prestige in COD. To me its just funny when you see a high level whos like -30,000 and you know after playing for 60 days in game time they still suck. So their attempt at showing off actually backfires. The point I’m trying to make since you said people used to care about Inheritor and now they don’t is that the majority of people never cared. Remember how many people got rank reset a few weeks after the game came out because they were boosting in various ways. They didn’t want to grind for it back then and they still don’t

> 2533274946078881;1:
> So, with anyone who is familiar with Halo: Reach’s ranking system, you know that the highest rank you can get is Inheritor. Obtaining this rank takes some serious gameplay and effort put in on the players part to grind all the way up to earn the rank/title. But lately, I’ve been seeing a trend among the threads/forums lately. A large amount of people don’t seem to want to grind for the Inheritor rank and just want to find shortcuts or exploits to help them obtain cR, Armors, Ranks. Why?
>
> The whole point of reaching something like the Inheritor Rank is to show off your effort that you put in the game. It’s why there is a ranking system to begin with. To track and show your progress and dedication. Back in the day, if you seen someone who was an Inheritor, there was a level of respect because you knew they worked hard for it. But nowadays, people just hack, mod, or use exploits to boost there way to the top. What is the point of it?
>
> Now, some people might say something like: “Maybe they don’t have the time to put into the game to max their rank.” Then why even buy the game? Why buy a game if you aren’t going to put the time into it? It generally makes me sick when I see all these people asking how to earn cR and over half the replies are “Go AFK in Forge” or “Play Griffball and sit in the corner of the match for the entire round.”
>
> I just don’t understand it. Why by the game at all if you want to be the highest level, unlock everything, but not put any effort into it? That’s the whole point of it. The grind. The challenge and putting in the time in effort. It makes it so much more rewarding when you manage to finally unlock a piece of armor you have been working to get when you do it legit. Is it that people want to try and impress people by saying “Oh, I an Inheritor.” even though they didn’t truly work for it? It sucks because these days, it’s not even an honor to reach Inheritor anymore because no one really cares anymore. Like I said, in the past, if you seen an Inheritor, you knew they worked for it. But today, you don’t know if they’ve done it legit or exploited their way to the top.
>
> So I am being serious when I ask why do people want to just take all the shortcuts to get all the rewards over actually doing it? Because so many people have exploited to get Inheritor…it takes away that extra feeling of accomplishment one feels when they actually make it to Inheritor. Yea, they know they did it and can be proud of that, but most people aren’t going to believe they worked for it since so many people these days max out and don’t work for it. What gains or benefits does one truly and honestly get out of taking the easy route over actually working for it?

Probably because breaking honour is much more fun. Although cheating is bad either way. Shortcuts on the other hand that’s fair game if it’s a cheat it would’ve been patched.

The armor unlock system in Halo: Reach is ultimately meaningless as it’s based entirely around how much free time you have instead of legitimate accomplishments.

The Ascetic helmet in Halo 3, for example, was something reserved for the best of the best as you had to master the use of the Energy Sword in order to obtain it. However, the Inheritor rank in Halo: Reach is obtained by playing the game for thousands of hours so instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment when you obtain it, you let out a sigh of relief as you can finally take a break from playing the exact same game every day.

There’s no skill or challenge to overcome in order to become an Inheritor in Halo: Reach. Instead, you just endlessly kill A.I. enemies in Firefight or enemy players online for years until you finally unlock a pre-existing helmet with a skull in it. You can quite literally reach the Inheritor rank even if you suck at the game as long as you’ve invested enough time into it, so there’s no reason to feel prideful when you eventually obtain it.

Maybe this is a generational thing, but I grew up playing games where you couldn’t unlock certain things unless you overcame some tremendous feat. Nowadays, games reward you for having a lot of free time instead of how good you are at the game.

That’s about as well as I can explain it, so I hope you can understand.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

troll