Infinity Slayer vs TS Pro?

I have noticed this past week that I’ve been playing the game that I do slightly better in Team Slayer Pro than I do in Infinity Slayer, or really most other game types.

In your opinion, which takes more skill, regular Slayer or Slayer Pro? Granted with Pro everything is completely balanced and since there are no Ordnances or other things of that nature like AA’s, there is definitely a solid argument that because of the lack of modifiers to the core gameplay, it gives a more balanced experience, but I want to get your guys’ opinions on this.

I think Pro definitely takes more skill. Usually play that when I want a more (at least a bit more) classic Halo experience. But the numbers don’t lie on Infinity Slayer. So. Much. Fun.

TSP does it for me. Just not enough players on the playlist. I get put in a lot of games with almost max score. That and no one uses mics, which is really annoying in that type of game. Of course, I’m on Tokyo time, so I get a hampered experience due to connection issues and language barriers lol.

This is just my opinion… don’t murder me for it…/ I think infinity slayer takes more skill. Just think about it though; takes more skill to kill an Invis camper than to kill a DMR jumper… For me, its much more gratifying that way :D,

I dont play TSP simply for the fact you cant counter Active Camo, theres no motion sensor to show indicators. Having radar awareness is better when you dont have an entire team doing map callouts for you

Haven’t tried out Pro yet, going to in a bit.

Regular team slayer is strictly off limits for me at the minute. Instant respawns + Small maps + Sprint + Dmr teamshots = disaster. Think I’ll stick to Big team and CTF thanks. I’ll try out Pro though.

> I have noticed this past week that I’ve been playing the game that I do slightly better in Team Slayer Pro than I do in Infinity Slayer, or really most other game types.
>
> In your opinion, which takes more skill, regular Slayer or Slayer Pro? Granted with Pro everything is completely balanced and since there are no Ordnances or other things of that nature like AA’s, there is definitely a solid argument that because of the lack of modifiers to the core gameplay, it gives a more balanced experience, but I want to get your guys’ opinions on this.

I seem to do much better in Pro, or I at the least enjoy it more, getting killed every 3 seconds with a power weapon in Infinity is no fun, whether on the receiving or giving side (well it is quite fun to dish out, but gets tiresome).

I think it takes more skill because it’s like Halo of old, i.e. more tactical, more awareness needed etc. I know it’s goes against past Halo setups, but I’d like to see Slayer Pro with a radar, then it’ll almost be like regular slayer. Perhaps I’m just getting old :slight_smile:

Well in my opinion Slayer Pro is, like the name already tells, the more skilled one …

Why? The strafe is better, because of the increased moving speed … the balance is better because of the predefined loadouts and the powerweapons being less in numbers …

BUT!

I think it’s still FAR from a really good classic an competitive halo experience!
The instant spawing is really annoying! I can’t tell how often I get killed from behind because the guy I killed a second ago instantly spawned and ran towards me.
Further more there are no fixed weapon spawntimes and locations what really destroys the map control …

And I would really like to see that the weapon-hints (those that show you where they were dropped) would be taken out of the playlist (this would require fixed weapontimes and locations as mentioned before, though), because ist really destroys the ‘learning aspect’ that made halo a skillfull shooter (amongst some other major criterias) …

> I dont play TSP simply for the fact you cant counter Active Camo, theres no motion sensor to show indicators. Having radar awareness is better when you dont have an entire team doing map callouts for you

i disagree with the radar, the radar encourages teamwork as it allows myou to see whats on the other side of the wall or something so your teammate can cover the others from the rear, plus it can show you if anyone is behind so that you can react unlike cod where being knifed from behind is unavoidable especially with ninja pro, listening to footsteps is impractical because it’s more important to listen to your team than footsteps and it’s unreliable, i think a radar is essential for halo to be halo perhaps just nerf the radar distance a little so you can see pretty much everyone on the map or something.