Infinity slayer is the perfect slayer

Let me ask the community a question about infinity slayer,

WHY do so many of the people here have an issue with it?

I have not had this much fun playing halo in years, not since halo 2 have I felt this good playing a video game kill or be killed game type against other players. It’s perfectly balanced and fast paced. And all the personal load outs and perks make for fun gameplay. Plus no team killing.

I see a lot of people asking to remove those features to make Halo resemble older titles, which were slower and not as fun, or well rounded for that matter.

Darn it my iPad fit an R in the word THE. Well no way to fix it now I guess.

> Let me ask the community a question about infinity slayer,
>
> WHY do so many of the people here have an issue with it?
>
> I have not had this much fun playing halo in years, not since halo 2 have I felt this good playing a video game kill or be killed game type against other players. <mark>It’s perfectly balanced</mark> and fast paced. And all the personal load outs and perks make for fun gameplay. Plus no team killing.
>
> I see a lot of people asking to remove those features to make Halo resemble older titles, which were slower and not as fun, or well rounded for that matter.

Because having a rocket launcher dropped to your feet, for getting 70 points is “fair”.

Also, how where old titles not well rounded? Everyone had an equal chance, and an equal start.

I do like Infinity, but imo Personal Ordnance does not work well, why should someone be able to get a Rocket Launcher while I get a Needler? Then Plasma Pistols, Boltshots and Plasma Grenades are just bad ideas for us to spawn with. Some (not all) AA’s are gamebreaking, like Jetpack, Active Camo and Promethean Vision, they should be Campaign exclusive abilities

As I said, I like it but it is flawed a bit, however Team Slayer (H4 Version) is a fun alternative.

I like Loadouts, why should I be forced to spawn with a BR and not a Carbine?

Then you factor in the thumb-twiddling capabilities, motor-memory, and map knowledge, and it’s no longer an equal start. So what’s the difference between old and new?

Some players can’t adapt to a changing environment. That’s all.

> Then you factor in the thumb-twiddling capabilities, motor-memory, and map knowledge, and it’s no longer an equal start. So what’s the difference between old and new?
>
> Some players can’t adapt to a changing environment. That’s all.

Old didn’t give you weapons at the touch of the control pad. It didn’t give one team a rocket launcher, and the other a needler.

> Then you factor in the thumb-twiddling capabilities, motor-memory, and map knowledge, and it’s no longer an equal start. So what’s the difference between old and new?
>

Everyone has the potential to have map memory. It’s random as to who gets a shotgun for sniping, and who gets a sticky detonator for an upcoming fight with that vehicle.
You can try to predict who gets what in their PO. Try to adapt to that. Then see how perfect it is.

> I do like Infinity, but imo Personal Ordnance does not work well, why should someone be able to get a Rocket Launcher while I get a Needler? Then Plasma Pistols, Boltshots and Plasma Grenades are just bad ideas for us to spawn with. Some (not all) AA’s are gamebreaking, like Jetpack, Active Camo and Promethean Vision, they should be <mark>Campaign exclusive</mark> abilities
>
> As I said, I like it but it is flawed a bit, however Team Slayer (H4 Version) is a fun alternative.
>
> I like Loadouts, why should I be forced to spawn with a BR and not a Carbine?

Don’t forget customs.

Let’s see why people dont like it.

1.The maps in Halo 4 are pretty bad.
2.Custom loudouts that allow you to spawn with PP, Plasma nades, a pocket shotgun, overpowered AA’s such as Jetpack
3.Its completely unbalanced, mostly due to personal ordanace

Those 3 are the biggest reasons.

> Let’s see why people dont like it.
>
> 1.The maps in Halo 4 are pretty bad.
> 2.Custom loudouts that allow you to spawn with PP, Plasma nades, a pocket shotgun, overpowered AA’s such as Jetpack
> 3.Its completely unbalanced, mostly due to personal ordanace
>
>
> Those 3 are the biggest reasons.

That about sums it up.

> > I do like Infinity, but imo Personal Ordnance does not work well, why should someone be able to get a Rocket Launcher while I get a Needler? Then Plasma Pistols, Boltshots and Plasma Grenades are just bad ideas for us to spawn with. Some (not all) AA’s are gamebreaking, like Jetpack, Active Camo and Promethean Vision, they should be <mark>Campaign exclusive</mark> abilities
> >
> > As I said, I like it but it is flawed a bit, however Team Slayer (H4 Version) is a fun alternative.
> >
> > I like Loadouts, why should I be forced to spawn with a BR and not a Carbine?
>
> Don’t forget customs.

Ah yes, forgot :slight_smile:

> Let’s see why people dont like it.
>
> 1.<mark>The maps in Halo 4 are pretty bad.</mark>
> 2.Custom loudouts that allow you to spawn with PP, Plasma nades, a pocket shotgun, overpowered AA’s such as Jetpack
> 3.Its completely unbalanced, mostly due to personal ordanace
>
>
> Those 3 are the biggest reasons.

DLC (well, Majestic, Castle and Bullseye) maps are good.

Personal/Random Ordnance:
Power weapons and powerups are handed to players for doing nothing in particular to gain access to them, eliminating the metagame of power weapon and map control. These handouts are not balanced, which means that it’s possible for one team or player to get better power weapons than the other team or players.

Custom Loadouts (perks/AAs):
Same starting abilities means more predictability. With predictability comes the ability to plan. With the ability to plan comes strategy.

Customizable starting abilities means unpredictability. You can’t plan for something that’s unpredictable. You can’t strategize if you can’t plan.

Therefore, same starts leads to more strategic gameplay.

I can easily see how Infinity would be a lot of fun to some people. But what about people who enjoyed the gameplay of previous Halo games? And what about the people who have fun by playing competitive, pure gametypes? Halo 4 didn’t bring anything new for them, which is where the hostility towards Infinity comes from. If Halo 4 supported the “classic”/Legendary gametypes from launch, there wouldn’t really have been an issue.

> WHY do so many of the people here have an issue with it?

-Because starts are unbalanced as hell. Sure everyone has the same options at 130, but like I said, personal loadouts are unbalanced as hell. The only balanced parts of loadouts are the precision primary and automatic primary classes. The BS completely outclasses the other secondaries, upgrades and packages range from being useless to game-changing, and armor abilities are self-explanatory. I’m not saying personal loadouts can never work at all, but they seriously need to be fixed.

-Because instant respawn interrupts the flow of a game. In a gametype with instaspawn enabled, there is always a chance that the person you just killed, or anyone who just died, will spawn close enough to you to finish you off. Or worse, you could just press X after dying and spawn right next to the enemy’s base (although this involves dynamic spawning too, an issue not limited to Infinity).

-Because personal and random ordnance are full of bull -Yoink-. The former gives players random rewards, which is way more extreme than COD; at least there, your killstreak progression is always the same unless you change it. As for random ordnance, it’s especially bad in team games. Consider this: red team has a substantial lead with about five minutes until they win. Then out of nowhere, a sniper weapon spawns at blue team’s base, thus allowing them to quickly get kills and win a game they would’ve lost without that random drop.

-Because Infinity-based settings are essentially being forced upon us and treated as a finished product. I wouldn’t have much of a problem with it if 343 was merely experimenting with personal loadouts and ordnance in one or two playlists. But there are only a few playlists with set starts: SWAT, TTD, Snipers, Grifball, Action Sack, and Flood. What do these playlists have in common besides lack of PLs? None of them would work with PLs. We only have the bare minimum of possible playlists without emphasized or even forced personal loadouts.
*please don’t take this paragraph the wrong way. The boldface line is what I intended to elaborate on.

All of this culminates in a random, unbalanced, overly chaotic game mode that drove many players away who hadn’t already left when Reach came out. 343 has done a lot since November 6, but one thing they haven’t done is fix Infinity settings and personal loadouts. We have Legendary BRs, Team Slayer, and Big Team Slayer (gametype) now, but what we don’t have is a better Infinity gametype. Personally, I think a start would be to make PO choices constant and remove instaspawn.

> > > I do like Infinity, but imo Personal Ordnance does not work well, why should someone be able to get a Rocket Launcher while I get a Needler? Then Plasma Pistols, Boltshots and Plasma Grenades are just bad ideas for us to spawn with. Some (not all) AA’s are gamebreaking, like Jetpack, Active Camo and Promethean Vision, they should be <mark>Campaign exclusive</mark> abilities
> > >
> > > As I said, I like it but it is flawed a bit, however Team Slayer (H4 Version) is a fun alternative.
> > >
> > > I like Loadouts, why should I be forced to spawn with a BR and not a Carbine?
> >
> > Don’t forget customs.
>
> Ah yes, forgot :slight_smile:

Whoops, I forgot about Firefight/spops. It can be in those too.

Posts from people like this, who believe that their opinions and preferences are better than other peoples’ opinions and preferences, contribute to the hositility towards Infinity. Halo has always been about playing however you want to play, whether it’s Grifball, MLG, Action Sack, or just plain 4v4 Team Slayer. There has never been such a divide in the Halo community as when Halo 4 decided in the beginning that all players must embrace Infinity or leave. And most players left.

I don’t mind Infinity Slayer. Just like I don’t mind Action Sack. It’s a decent form of social slayer. But I and many other Halo players will never accept it in its complete form as competitive despite how much it is packaged as being so.

To be honest, I think infinity slayer is really fun. It’s not competitive but its fun.

It shouldn’t have been the primary gametype in a halo game. That was a mistake.

I just prefer simple basic even arena gameplay. I prefer fighting players I can see clearly. I prefer not seeing through walls. I prefer not flying around. I prefer people not running away when they get owned. You can obviously see where I’m going here. I don’t hate Infinity, I just can’t stand it as the core gameplay for Halo. The Halo I love is dead and gone and it is what it is. It’s probably because I’m old and grew up with simple straight to the point games without flashy gimmicks and get out of jail free buttons. Hell, when I was a kid there was only 1 button.

No, not the biggest fan of ordinance. On map is better.