Infinity Slayer DLC required

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So I decided to get onto Halo 4 this fine morning and have me a little grandiose time of playing some infinity slayer. But low and behold, the new update REQUIRES you to buy DLC!! That is just ridiculous. So now I can’t play what I want to play without paying more money! And I don’t even know what to buy either, I am not going to buy it all!
I believe 343 is ruining Halo series. Bungie used to have way more players on at any given time.

Why don’t you have the Majestic Map Pack? It’s the only DLC required, and they’re great maps.

It’s just the majestic map pack. You don’t need all the other packs.

>

Really dude…?

In Halo 3 all major playlists required ALL the DLC to play.

its 1 dlc map pack only.
be happy they not add castle map pack also to the list that you need to play the play list.

It’s about time they did this. Finally we’ll get to play the maps we purchased.

Side note: It’s funny that people like the OP don’t realize they create what is arguably H4 biggest downfall (aside from lag). Mind-boggling.

I don’t ever remember having to buy DLC just to play on one of the Playlists. But I guess I’ll just have to buckle down n buy the map pack. And besides if its just the Majestic map pack and they have had that around for a while now, why did the just decide that you NEED it to play Infinity Slayer?

> >
>
> Really dude…?
>
> In Halo 3 all major playlists required ALL the DLC to play.

its an experiment for 2 weeks to see if they will take a hit to the population. nothing final yet

>

They’re doing a test to see if it will work out, so DLC players can play on the DLC

Check out the latest bulletin and consider purchasing the Majestic maps, which I think are exceptionally good.

Also, let 343 know what you think: Infinity Slayer Feedback

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

dirty -Yoink- isn’t it!..if it’s ust for 2 weeks as stated below i will not bu and support this move…greedy -Yoinks!- maybe they should fix their lag b4 charging more money!

Really? It’s about time they did this so we can finally start playing some new maps. I do like Halo 4 but playing the same three maps is rather dull.

Omg, OP seriously?

First of all calm down,
Secondly if you would stay a little bit alert and read the Halo Bulletin you could find all the information on matchamking changes.

this is essentially forcing people to buy content that obviously didn’t want otherwise they would ave purchased it by now, you can mask it as whatever you like, unless you are willing to make the required content free then this is highly unethical, but what more do you expect from a MS affiliate, my next console will certainly be a Sony.

> >
>
> Really dude…?
>
> In Halo 3 all major playlists required ALL the DLC to play.

This is why DLC is wrong. It forces you to pay more money after already buying the game at full price.

Halo 4 doesn’t have the population to pull this off anyway. It’ll plummet even more.

> Halo 4 doesn’t have the population to pull this off anyway. It’ll plummet even more.

i will be watching the numbers all day to see how this turns out.

> This is why DLC is wrong. It forces you to pay more money after already buying the game at full price.
>
> Halo 4 doesn’t have the population to pull this off anyway. It’ll plummet even more.

Yea, if they had released this, at the latest, alongside Majestic, we could probably have retained what population was left.
Now, with people complaining about, 343 may have lost more than what they tried to gain.
I’m staying. See some of you on the combat deck.

>

But what about all the people who paid $10 to $30 to buy the new maps, only to almost never play them except for a dedicated playlist once in a while?

343i did this because so many people were upset that they never play the DLC they paid for. And thats a good reason.

People should be able to play the DLC they paid for. And with the Map Pass and Game of the Year Edition, its not that hard to get all of the DLC. If anything, just buy the DLC you need for that playlist.

All but two Halo 3 playlists require DLC.