Infinity Slayer: Ammo issues?

Hello.

Having thought about the new Infinity Slayer gametype, I’ve considered a potential issue revolving around the availability of (standard) weapon ammo.

As far as I know (correct me if I’m wrong), for I.S. the only weapons that appear on the map are the Power Weapons - other weapons such as Battle Rifles, Light Rifles etc., you can now spawn with. The only thing is, however - would this not leave you with a problem of not having enough ammo in the field for your starting weapon, if nobody else in the match chooses to spawn with it (especially if you don’t choose the extra ammo armour mod)?

In previous Halo games, if your Carbine (for sake of argument) was running low on ammo, you could swing by a Carbine spawn and pick some up some more ammo if it was there.
Now though, if you’re the only one who has chosen to spawn with a Carbine, the only way you can replenish your ammo is die - an option I would like to avoid, if at all possible.

I know you could argue that you can always pick up someone else’s weapon - but I don’t like the idea of having the weapon I have to use limited by what the other players pick in their loadouts. And after all, wasn’t 343i all for giving the player more choice to play the game the way they wanted?

Perhaps I’m reading into this too much, I’d just like to hear some people’s thoughts, especially if they’ve already played the game.

Thanks.

You can either hope someone else is using the same gun as you (which is fairly likely), or you could pick up a different one off of a dead body. There should be no reason you get stuck with nothing to shoot.

I would like universal ammo boxes that replenish a limited amount of your spawn weapons’ ammunition, then take time to respawn. Like a mix of health packs and the ammo crates from Firefight.

Given that it is highly unlikely you will be the only person who spawns with that weapon, this isn’t an issue.

You spawn with your preference and must either resupply from a dead enemy or even take their own weapons.
If you’ve lived that long in the first place, surely it isn’t the weapon in your hands that’s allowed it to be so.
… Or use the Ammo armour mod.

Just pick up another gun that is what most people do or they just die.

I believe this will be the case for all non-classic gametypes; not just Infinity Slayer.

I’d say they could place ‘spawn’ weapons on the map more, but there are so many primary and secondary weapons the map would get overly cluttered. SitriStahl’s ammo box idea seems like the best compromise.

Just pickup another players gun or just have power weapons you shouldve came across a few since you stayed alive so long. DMR and BR are going to be the most used maybe the Lightrifle aswell, your bound to run into another weapon that you can put up with theres not much difference between them.

I know that you can pick up weapons from dead enemies or team mates - and that some of them are potentially going to have the same weapon as you, and that’s what I fully intend on doing if I have to - but what’s getting at me is the fact that you are (in some circumstances) being forced into a choice of what gun you must use, if nobody else spawns with the one you have - yes I’ll admit it’s unlikely but the possibility is always there. The fact you could be forced into choosing a different gun or die to get more ammo takes away from the whole ‘choice to play the game the way you want to’ thing 343i keep mentioning.

I know it’s a small, probably petty thing to point out for some, but I have always thought that having standard weapons available for anyone around the map was one of the defining things about Halo. I know there are still classic gametypes planned for Halo 4, but the standard ‘team slayer’ playlist is always going to be the most populated, ‘go-to’ playlist, and will likely heavily feature Infinity gametypes.

I do think that the ‘ammo box’ idea that was mentioned would be a potentially good compromise though!

Don’t forget about the tactical package that lets you start with more ammo.

Saying “use the ammo perk” should never be the solution.

Weapons dont stay on the ground forever. With larger maps, longer combat is probably going to happen, meaning you are further away from the enemies to pick it up. Having to sprint over just to get primary ammo is abit silly. Plus, none of the weapons let you kill 3 people in 3 clips anymore.

> Given that it is highly unlikely you will be the only person who spawns with that weapon, this isn’t an issue.

Not really.

There are what? 7 or 8 spawn weapons. There’s a very good chance that if you’re using something like the storm rifle or the promethean AR thing you’l be the only one in the game who is.

> I know that you can pick up weapons from dead enemies or team mates - and that some of them are potentially going to have the same weapon as you, and that’s what I fully intend on doing if I have to - but what’s getting at me is the fact that you are (in some circumstances) being forced into a choice of what gun you must use, if nobody else spawns with the one you have - yes I’ll admit it’s unlikely but the possibility is always there. The fact you could be forced into choosing a different gun or die to get more ammo takes away from the whole ‘choice to play the game the way you want to’ thing 343i keep mentioning.
>
> I know it’s a small, probably petty thing to point out for some, but I have always thought that having standard weapons available for anyone around the map was one of the defining things about Halo. I know there are still classic gametypes planned for Halo 4, but the standard ‘team slayer’ playlist is always going to be the most populated, ‘go-to’ playlist, and will likely heavily feature Infinity gametypes.
>
> I do think that the ‘ammo box’ idea that was mentioned would be a potentially good compromise though!

Yeah maybe aslong as it isnt grenades, regardless the game has gone gold so we’ll just have to make due. Also its more of the community’s fault not the game really, though they arent doing anything wrong they just are like minded to lots of other players.

Larger maps would be based on vehicles so small arms fire wouldnt be of much use anyways.

Well you could equip re supply/ just call in an ordinance drop.

> > Given that it is highly unlikely you will be the only person who spawns with that weapon, this isn’t an issue.
>
> Not really.
>
> There are what? 7 or 8 spawn weapons. There’s a very good chance that if you’re using something like the storm rifle or the promethean AR thing you’l be the only one in the game who is.

That’s the main issue I was getting at - and in this case, if you want more ammo for your suppressor etc, you’re going to have to die. That really shouldn’t be the case.

Also, as was mentioned by the previous poster, getting more ammo when in longrange Big Team Battle fights could get tricky - I certaintly don’t want to go blindly running across open ground towards enemies because I’m out of ammo and the nearest weapon is from the guy I just killed with my last few bullets.

Really hoping this isn’t as much of an issue as I think it could be…

> > I know that you can pick up weapons from dead enemies or team mates - and that some of them are potentially going to have the same weapon as you, and that’s what I fully intend on doing if I have to - but what’s getting at me is the fact that you are (in some circumstances) being forced into a choice of what gun you must use, if nobody else spawns with the one you have - yes I’ll admit it’s unlikely but the possibility is always there. The fact you could be forced into choosing a different gun or die to get more ammo takes away from the whole ‘choice to play the game the way you want to’ thing 343i keep mentioning.
> >
> > I know it’s a small, probably petty thing to point out for some, but I have always thought that having standard weapons available for anyone around the map was one of the defining things about Halo. I know there are still classic gametypes planned for Halo 4, but the standard ‘team slayer’ playlist is always going to be the most populated, ‘go-to’ playlist, and will likely heavily feature Infinity gametypes.
> >
> > I do think that the ‘ammo box’ idea that was mentioned would be a potentially good compromise though!
>
> Yeah maybe aslong as it isnt grenades, regardless the game has gone gold so we’ll just have to make due. Also its more of the community’s fault not the game really, though they arent doing anything wrong they just are like minded to lots of other players.
>
> Larger maps would be based on vehicles so small arms fire wouldnt be of much use anyways.

lol, you can just go into forge and put weapons on the map.

No, it is their fault.

No, there’s a lot of long range shooting on large maps that don’t result in kill. I ran out of ammo so much on some big team maps in H3 already. Like standoff.

The main problem here is that this may force everyone to use weapons like the BR and AR. Because they will be the most popular weapons you will literally gain an advantage by also using them because you will have a constant supply of ammo everywhere. Using exotic weapons will put you at a disadvantage and slowly less and less people will use them.

> Well you could equip re supply/ just call in an ordinance drop.

Thats how you back up a crappy mechanic?

“Use this perk” “Call in a kill streak” “Use that AA”

ROCK.PAPER.SCISSORS gameplay. Bloody awful.

If problems like this are actually serious, then Infinity Slayer is undoubtedly going to require a patch some time soon after launch. IMO, they changed the game play a little too much in IS to the point that it might not succeed. . . although ultimately we’ll have to wait until release to find out.

Between using Firepower and Ammo armour mods, ammo from fallen weapons and taking a different weapon, there is no problem in Infinity Slayer.

As for the classic lists, they’re likely to have ammo/weapons scattered around for you to use.