Infinity Multiplayer- Playable Menu

This thread is proposing the idea for a playable menu when entering the multiplayer section from the Halo 4 main screen.

A playable menu is a menu in which you select what you want through the use of gameplay.

An example of a playable menu would be the Animus Island from Assasins Creed 2 Revelation or the castle from super mario 64.

What I would love to see is when clicking on Infinity, the screen would shift to a FPS view to the Spartan IV that you normally play as in multiplayer. You would be on board the Infinity and could free roam around the ship (wouldn't have to be very large). He could even encounter a few AI spartans around the ship to add to the fact that this ship is filled with them. 

You could walk to certain parts of the ship and literally enter a room titled Armory in order to custom your armor. 
You could walk to an elevator which would take him down a few levels to the hover deck to play War Games. You could enter the surveillance room for theater mode or the Bridge for Spartan OPs.

If players did not want this an option to turn this feature off could be included…

A playable menu would add to the Fiction that 343 is trying to create and would help connect the Infinity to the campaign as we would be able to visualize it as a real place.

I was actually thinking abou this very concept earlier. Would be freakin awesome imo.

The UNSC infinity could be like a game in itself, you could visit different locations on the ship to enter the gamemode you want (matchmaking/theater/forge etc.).

Alternatively you could just go exploring the ship, talking to NPC’s, finding easter eggs, even armor permutation schematics that allow you to purchase specific armor pieces.

My 2c.

> I was actually thinking abou this very concept earlier. Would be freakin awesome imo.
>
> The UNSC infinity could be like a game in itself, you could visit different locations on the ship to enter the gamemode you want (matchmaking/theater/forge etc.).
>
> Alternatively you could just go exploring the ship, talking to NPC’s, finding easter eggs, even armor permutation schematics that allow you to purchase specific armor pieces.
>
>
>
>
> My 2c.

It would be amazing but I’m sure there would be some people out there who would literally hate this which is why 343 would have to put two different things in if they included this. Maybe You would start in your spartans personal room with a TV in it that had all the different game modes on it that could be moved down like the playable menu in Black Ops. This way the people who wanted to get into games fast wouldn’t have to deal with this while other people could enjoy it.

If the feature to turn this off, like you said, was included, I wouldn’t mind it. However, this reminds me off Mass Effect. I hated walking around the damn ship and going up and down elevators to customize my weapons and armor and talk to the crew. And the loading screens took forever…

> This thread is proposing the idea for a playable menu when entering the multiplayer section from the Halo 4 main screen.
>
> A playable menu is a menu in which you select what you want through the use of gameplay.
>
> An example of a playable menu would be the Animus Island from Assasins Creed 2 Revelation or the castle from super mario 64.

I love how you didn’t include Black Ops, though I’m not sure if it’s because that you are not aware of its playable menu, or you are but you don’t want to upset any CoD haters.

Anyways great idea overall, I would love for this feature to be included, I see nothing wrong with it.

Yea, I would need an option to turn this off. Would be cool for awhile, but I’d get sick of it.

> > This thread is proposing the idea for a playable menu when entering the multiplayer section from the Halo 4 main screen.
> >
> > A playable menu is a menu in which you select what you want through the use of gameplay.
> >
> > An example of a playable menu would be the Animus Island from Assasins Creed 2 Revelation or the castle from super mario 64.
>
> I love how you didn’t include Black Ops, though I’m not sure if it’s because that you are not aware of its playable menu, or you are but you don’t want to upset any CoD haters.
>
> Anyways great idea overall, I would love for this feature to be included, I see nothing wrong with it.

I actually did in a comment below… The reason why is b/c the black Ops menu isn’t the type of playable menu I was thinking about. I was thinking about a menu in which you go places to get there not a menu where you choose off a tv screen. However for this to work there would have to be two ways to do it which is why it would never be included

There needs to be an off button for this feature, because I’d hate it.

this is unnecessary and although I would enjoy it the first 3-5 times I played the game after awhile it would become tedious.