infinity invasion idea

We have no confirmation that invasion will even be in halo 4(Its one of my favourite playlists, i hope its in), but i had this idea for how a game of invasion could work. how about spartan’s train for if the infinity ever got boarded. as usual one team could be on defense and one could be on offense. the first area would be the air locks, then you would move on into a cargo bay, and finally the last area would be the engine room. the offensive team would have to set a charge on the fusion reactor(One of the offensive players would be carrying an explosive) in order to win. I think this would be an interesting and challenging game. what do you think of this idea and what ideas do you have for your own for invasion?

I think this would actually be a lot of fun, am a bit of an invasion fan myself. Liked the idea of elites VS. spartans.

> I think this would actually be a lot of fun, am a bit of an invasion fan myself. Liked the idea of elites VS. spartans.

Agreed I like OP’s idea but there should be different areas you attack so its not the same game every time. Such as breach the air locks, “sabatoge” the armory(plant a bomb), steal “intel” from the bridge(secure the bridge for a set amount of time).
Or breach airlocks, steal intel, get back to airlocks to escape with intel. Theres many possibilities

I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. However there would be no room for vehicles…
Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.

> I think this would actually be a lot of fun, am a bit of an invasion fan myself. Liked the idea of elites VS. spartans.

Elites should be in halo 4s multiplayer, i hate that 343i decided to cut them out. it makes impementing invasion that much harder.

The game is the same. Defend the objectives from an attacking force. It matters not if the enemy is Covenant, human, Spartan or “other”.

> I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. <mark>However there would be no room for vehicles…</mark>
> Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> <mark>So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.[/</mark>quote]
>
> One, remember the Infinity is big, atleast enough for Hogs and Gooses, also War Games is a simulation posibly like holograms meaning the Infinity/training areas could be as big as the UNSC needs it.
>
> Two, agreed I hated that!

> The game is the same. Defend the objectives from an attacking force. It matters not if the enemy is Covenant, human, Spartan or “other”.

or forerunner or flood. i doubt these would happen, but it might be interesting though(Not that i want to see the flood come back, they were by far the most annoying enemie of all time, i hope they just stay dead after what happened at the ark).

> The game is the same. Defend the objectives from an attacking force. It matters not if the enemy is Covenant, human, Spartan or “other”.

Agree to Disagree. I prefer playing as a Spartan 99% of the time, but I will miss those damn split jaw’d dyno’s!

I really enjoy everyone on my team being the same species (its not one of us, kill it!).

If invasion does make a return, I hope there will be spartans vs something.

> > The game is the same. Defend the objectives from an attacking force. It matters not if the enemy is Covenant, human, Spartan or “other”.
>
> Agree to Disagree. I prefer playing as a Spartan 99% of the time, but I will miss those damn split jaw’d dyno’s!

i agree. i don’t mind playing either side, but when i play spartans in reach invasion i found that i would almost always win. I think the reason is that they have Hitscan weapons upon spawn where as the elites didnt(except the needle rifle of course).

> > I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. <mark>However there would be no room for vehicles…</mark>
> > Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> > Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> > <mark>So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.[/</mark>quote]
> >
> > One, remember the Infinity is big, atleast enough for Hogs and Gooses, also War Games is a simulation posibly like holograms meaning the Infinity/training areas could be as big as the UNSC needs it.
> >
> > Two, agreed I hated that!
>
> In vehicle bay and stuff yeah your right.
> Anyway getting the power weapons taken on Boneyard was super lame or banshee on spire.
> Breakpoint fixed this mostly but if you jumped in the right spot as a spartan you could still steal elite vehicles for some of the worst spawn killing I’ve ever seen :confused:

I used to love playing invasion but lack of maps made it very stale. Hope it makes a comeback though

> I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. However there would be no room for vehicles…
> Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.

No one way shields.
The risk of having vehicles or weapons stolen adds to the list of objectives.
Even if your team’s on offence, need to defend the advantages.

I believe 343i said that they are making a new “invasion” like gametype. To scratch the itch of invasion.

Longbow was designed after it.

> > I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. However there would be no room for vehicles…
> > Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> > Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> > So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.
>
> No one way shields.
> The risk of having vehicles or weapons stolen adds to the list of objectives.
> Even if your team’s on offence, need to defend the advantages.

Yeah that’s great until they spawn kill you to stat pad and drag out the game as long as they can to do so. It causes most people to quit matches which in turn when you swap sides you play 2 or 3 against 6. This leads to another session of ridiculous spawn killing…
See my meaning???

> > > I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. However there would be no room for vehicles…
> > > Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> > > Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> > > So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.
> >
> > No one way shields.
> > The risk of having vehicles or weapons stolen adds to the list of objectives.
> > Even if your team’s on offence, need to defend the advantages.
>
> Yeah that’s great until they spawn kill you to stat pad and drag out the game as long as they can to do so. It causes most people to quit matches which in turn when you swap sides you play 2 or 3 against 6. This leads to another session of ridiculous spawn killing…
> See my meaning???

I see what you’re saying.

In the pre-game lobby, I look at the service record of high ranking enemies.
If I see that someone has 3 times as many kills as deaths, and if there’s more than
one of them… there’s a pretty good chance they will try to pinch our stuff.
Armed with this knowledge, I make plans to counter. Beat them off once or twice and they usually give up, not wanting to soil their stats.
Yeah it doesn’t always work out, granted, I find the struggle is half the fun.

> > > I loved bombing the lab on breakpoint, this sounds great. However there would be no room for vehicles…
> > > Invasion was also a favorite of mine and I do hope it makes a return.
> > > Except put 1 way shields on all vehicle/power weapon spawns…
> > > So sick of having the banshee or good weapons stolen and then getting spawn killed by them.
> >
> > No one way shields.
> > The risk of having vehicles or weapons stolen adds to the list of objectives.
> > Even if your team’s on offence, need to defend the advantages.
>
> Yeah that’s great until they spawn kill you to stat pad and drag out the game as long as they can to do so. It causes most people to quit matches which in turn when you swap sides you play 2 or 3 against 6. This leads to another session of ridiculous spawn killing…
> See my meaning???

But if plans fail, there is usually the option to spawn somewhere else and make a menace of myself.

Invasion got old for me due to the lack of maps you could play it on and I didn’t care for the community maps. If they announce Invasion and say it will begin with 3 maps but they’ll release a map pack with five maps in that I would definitely conside going back to it in Halo 4. You don’t need elites for it. People kept saying after the announcement of no elites in MP that Invasion wouldn’t work. Why? Just because the guys on the other team won’t be eight foot tall alien -Yoinks!-? Thats fine as long as they make the levels for and only for invasion. I don’t want to see how the level is just a modified BTB map and there needs to be more variation than just big outdoor maps. Invasion would be interesting in a ship interior or in a map resembling a large version of orbital from Halo 3.

I want elites… I mean even if not customizable,just something you know? No elite slayer(because they are hyping the spartan4s) but still featured in forge,customs,and invasion…