Infinity Crashes Twice?

In the first campaign gameplay we saw, we see the Infinity crash into a forest area.

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2HW0_KalU&list=HL1344021166&feature=mh_lolz at 7:42, it shows the Infinity seemingly crashed in a rocky desert like area.

From taking this and the menu screen we’ve seen, I think the desert area will be on a Halo.

Thoughts??

We’ve never seen exactly where the Infinity crashed.

Perhaps it’s just floating and didn’t crash.

There’s a rim on the desert rocks so it probably one side is the forest and the other side is the desert and with the Infinity being over 3 kilometers long it’s reasonable.

We saw the ship slowly crashing in we didn’t exactly see where it crashed though

It could have crashed between a tropical area and a desert area. It might make sense since it is a rather long ship.

Correction. Master Chief was in the foresty area when the infinity was crashing, it actually landed what like, wasn’t it 77 kilometers away, that plenty enough to change from forest to desert on ANYTHING made by the forerunners.

It’s not necessarily crashed; landed maybe, but not crashed.

> We’ve never seen exactly where the Infinity crashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fRP4KRL1I 1:11, it crashed right there. I think a desert could be on the other side of it, but I feel like there should be more indication of a desert being so close.

> > We’ve never seen exactly where the Infinity crashed.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fRP4KRL1I 1:11, it crashed right there. I think a desert could be on the other side of it, but I feel like there should be more indication of a desert being so close.

Yeah it seems to good to be true, but that’s how it can be scripted. It just so happened to land right smack into the middle of the Forest and desert borderline.

It looks like it’s actually landed in that, dropping off troops maybe (like Forward Unto Dawn on the Ark in Halo 3). I doubt it’d crash twice and then be able to leave the planet.

Also, why is everyone saying that we didn’t see where it crashed? It was clearly on the ground in the E3 trailer.

> It looks like it’s actually landed in that, dropping off troops maybe (like Forward Unto Dawn on the Ark in Halo 3). I doubt it’d crash twice and then be able to leave the planet.
>
> Also, why is everyone saying that we didn’t see where it crashed? It was clearly on the ground in the E3 trailer.

If my first theory is correct, then it could have just been able to lift off the ground to get out of Requiem, but then wasn’t able to sustain orbit above the Halo. Requiem is most definitely getting destroyed judging by that menu picture, so that could supply reason for executing an emergency lift off.

I think its holding position above the desert area.

If it was actually crash-landed like that… it looks way to far off of the actual ground to be stable. The Infinity is long, yes. But there is a major section of it right there. If it really crashed in this position, I think the stress would be too much. The weight would be bending and perhaps cracking that entire section. It just doesn’t look stable at all if it was crashed like that.

Perhaps the UNSC is finally utilizing some good Anti-Gravity technology. The Infinity is floating above this area, above the battle.