Infinity Armor Pack: A Test?

Just a theory, but from what I’ve read, armor DLC wasn’t considered a legitimate idea. I’m no codemonkey, so I don’t understand the details and the fine print, but I think it’s because the armor was built into the game. At least, that was the case with Halo 3; some of you may recall this picture of the GRD helmet; David Ellis, the content producer for 343 Industries, later revealed that the helmet was originally meant to be included with the Anniversary Map Pack, but was scrapped due to time constraints. This means that, given more time, a DLC armor pack might’ve been a reality for Halo: Reach.

Fast forward about two years. The first armor DLC in Halo’s history that wasn’t already built into the game will be released on August 20th, 2013. Finally, we know for sure that 343i can add new armor and weapon skins into the game… but I think it might be a test run, either to see if the DLC will work, to see if people will buy it, or both. Regardless of the intent, it brings up an interesting question: what else can they do? Can they add armor from older games, like Reach’s [Mark V**? Can they add old weapons, like the Brute Shot or the 7-Wood? Can they add an option to get rid of that part of the undersuit that matches the primary color of the armor (maybe it’s not that big a deal, but let me just add that this looks way better than this)? None of us know for sure, but I’d welcome theories.**](http://www.halopedia.org/images/6/66/Six_M-F_Comparison.png)

i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late

> i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late

Can’t say I agree with bringing back HAYABUSA, but I would like to see the CQB again.

> > i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late
>
> Can’t say I agree with bringing back HAYABUSA, but I would like to see the CQB again.

Agreed! I was never a big fan of Hayabusa (though the shoulders were kind of cool), but CQB is my #1 favourite helmet out of every permutation in any Halo game, it should definitely come back!

Though I’m afraid that 343i might butcher it somehow, like they have with almost every other helmet they’ve brought back…

I’d like the return of Security, CQB, GRD, and Grenadier.

Those were my all around favorite Armor Permutations.

> > > i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late
> >
> > Can’t say I agree with bringing back HAYABUSA, but I would like to see the CQB again.
>
> Agreed! I was never a big fan of Hayabusa (though the shoulders were kind of cool), but CQB is my #1 favourite helmet out of every permutation in any Halo game, it should definitely come back!
>
> Though I’m afraid that 343i might butcher it somehow, like they have with almost every other helmet they’ve brought back…

Not everything; Recon looks a little more streamlined, which is rather interesting, but I don’t agree with the changes to HAZOP or Rogue.

> I’d like the return of Security, CQB, GRD, and Grenadier.

This

> > I’d like the return of Security, CQB, GRD, and Grenadier.
>
> This

Yep. This.

You got that right.

> > > > i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late
> > >
> > > Can’t say I agree with bringing back HAYABUSA, but I would like to see the CQB again.
> >
> > Agreed! I was never a big fan of Hayabusa (though the shoulders were kind of cool), but CQB is my #1 favourite helmet out of every permutation in any Halo game, it should definitely come back!
> >
> > Though I’m afraid that 343i might butcher it somehow, like they have with almost every other helmet they’ve brought back…
>
> Not everything; Recon looks a little more streamlined, which is rather interesting, but I don’t agree with the changes to HAZOP or Rogue.

I’m kinda in between about Hazop, but I love Rogue in Halo 4! One of the few full sets I like.

> > > > > i would love for armor packs with things like cqb hayubusa (bring on the hate) etc also mabe more emblems skins stances ,i love my customization ps if i spelt anything wrong im on xbox typing and its late
> > > >
> > > > Can’t say I agree with bringing back HAYABUSA, but I would like to see the CQB again.
> > >
> > > Agreed! I was never a big fan of Hayabusa (though the shoulders were kind of cool), but CQB is my #1 favourite helmet out of every permutation in any Halo game, it should definitely come back!
> > >
> > > Though I’m afraid that 343i might butcher it somehow, like they have with almost every other helmet they’ve brought back…
> >
> > Not everything; Recon looks a little more streamlined, which is rather interesting, but I don’t agree with the changes to HAZOP or Rogue.
>
> I’m kinda in between about Hazop, <mark>but I love Rogue in Halo 4!</mark> One of the few full sets I like.

The Halo 4 Rogue makes you look like a goat, I found the Halo 3 version to be much better aesthetically and realistically. (let’s go into a hostile environment with little to no assistance and wear a Helmet with a giant visor on it. Great idea right?)

i really hate how majority of the undersuit has the primary color instead of being all black. too much color.

I’d love to have CQB and more importantly Mark V (B), I really loved Noble Team and I wish I could look like Noble Six again.

Armor packs, or any other additional content expanding player customization possibilities for that matter, should have been further implemented post-Halo 3. People love tweaking their gaming experience as much as possible. Especially when it comes to cosmetic details to make their virtual character truly their own.

While acquiring armor via DLC is a good idea, I’d like to see developers create challenges or tasks for players to accomplish in order to unlock more bounties over time instead of buying them.

Granted coding new armor and stuff doesn’t come cheaply in such a renowned franchise… but it would be a nice gesture to the community every now and then.

I always love new armor, Although it’s not as important as gameplay I still like a variety.

Bring on the Haunted helmet!

Like Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, I would like the option to change your armor lights.

Those little lights that light up when your shields recharge.

If they bring Mark V (B) back, I want it with the attachment, I love it

Give me my pilot back please!

To be honest, I’m still not convinced that this isn’t just on-disc DLC. Bungie always purported that the visuals were coded into the maps and whatnot, and that’s why they couldn’t just add armor.

The answer, then, is to code in the armor before-hand, then lock it and make it look like you’re offering it as new content later. It’s been there the whole time, but nobody could see it.

Shrug Maybe it’s just me being pessimistic, but it wouldn’t be the first time games have done it. Season Passes are usually a good indicator that a game is doing that. That’s how they do pre-order bonuses, maps oftentimes, weapon skins, things like that. Gears Judgment is by and far the worst perpetrator I’ve seen on that front, having taken over half the game and made it DLC.

If I’m right? The test is seeing whether or not people will fall for it and buy it anyway. And they will. You took my favorite armor out of the game, and now you’re gonna wave it in my face and say “It’s just within arm’s reach!”? Of course I’ll buy it. I’ll hate you for it, but I’ll buy it. And that’s what it boils down to, “Will you buy it?”

> To be honest, I’m still not convinced that this isn’t just on-disc DLC. Bungie always purported that the visuals were coded into the maps and whatnot, and that’s why they couldn’t just add armor.
>
> The answer, then, is to code in the armor before-hand, then lock it and make it look like you’re offering it as new content later. It’s been there the whole time, but nobody could see it.
>
> Shrug Maybe it’s just me being pessimistic, but it wouldn’t be the first time games have done it. Season Passes are usually a good indicator that a game is doing that. That’s how they do pre-order bonuses, maps oftentimes, weapon skins, things like that. Gears Judgment is by and far the worst perpetrator I’ve seen on that front, having taken over half the game and made it DLC.
>
> If I’m right? The test is seeing whether or not people will fall for it and buy it anyway. And they will. You took my favorite armor out of the game, and now you’re gonna wave it in my face and say “It’s just within arm’s reach!”? Of course I’ll buy it. I’ll hate you for it, but I’ll buy it. And that’s what it boils down to, “Will you buy it?”

Halo 4’s disc space was already filled to the brink. They put on everything they could leaving no room for even more locked content that had to be unlocked via a download.

The new armour coming on Tuesday isn’t disc-locked content, it is created from scratch and being added to the game on Monday via the title update (AFAIK).