Infinity 1v1 in Matchmaking?

Could it happen? Should it happen? Ranked? Would it work? I’ve seen some good maps out there that would work great with it. Would you play it?

Most likely no since it didn’t work out in Halo 3, even with several ways to track the person in the lead.

There are lots of reasons why it wouldn’t work, such as that the maps are quite too big to support 1v1.

> There are lots of reasons why it wouldn’t work, such as that the maps are quite too big to support 1v1.

Forged maps?

This playlist would work!

Here’s how:

In cod mw3, there’s a playlist 1v1 where IT isn’t allowed guests or party which means you cannot play with friends.

All 343 had to do is make the playlist no party allowed.

You would match with random people… pretty simple. The maps could be from forge

you would HAVE to remove some of the randomness from it. In a 1v1, if one person gets a power weapon in their ordinance drops, the other is screwed and can’t make up the kill difference to get their random chance at a power weapon. I’ve done plenty of 1v1 custom games, and they always turn out that way. The maps would have to be classic play, set weapons on map, no ordinance drops, to be fair.

why do we need a 1v1 playlist? it would be better for the game to get a true FFA playlist then that, man.

Host means that 1v1 will not work in Halo.

Problems:
1v1 maps
Ordinance (first to get ordinance? One gets rockets and one gets needler?)
Re spawning before shields could recharge

With instant respawn shields recharge rate and recharge time had to be sped up. Even with these faster recharge times, it is still possible to kill an enemy who just killed you. As you can see in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPdm5ObJKE

> Could it happen? Should it happen? Ranked? Would it work? I’ve seen some good maps out there that would work great with it. Would you play it?

Infinity settings are crap. Use AGL v2 TS settings, change score to win to 15.

1v1 is (or was) to me the ultimate Halo gametype. Nobody to rely on but yourself, and nobody else to interfere (see FFA). As some of the people have wisely pointed out, ordnance would HAVE to go or be seriously changed because it would be very imbalanced. The main issue with 1v1 in the past though was population, probably because some people don’t like the heart pounding tension these matches give. Either way, if 343 ever wants to do a playlist like this, I would be all in support.

and you might get the campers with boltshots. oh boy

1v1 matches. Forever the underground dog fights of Halo. Let it stay that way.