Infinites HUD kinda sucks

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this tech preview but now that I finally have my hands on the game I can safely say I hate the HUD.

Everything feels waaay too small, from my shields to my radar it feels way too compact and in gameplay, it’s hard to read because of it. I don’t really like this one bar two shields thing for example, I just rather have two separate bars instead of one living inside the other.

I also don’t understand why all the important information is at the bottom right of the screen where my eyes are least likely to be. This is probably just personal prefernce at the end of the day but I definitely prefer everything being towards the top of the screen as thats where my eyes are naturally drawn to since the shields are there.

Lastly I think its really stupid how I cant see every type of grenade I’m curently carring, I know for most people this is likely a non issue but I personaly think I should be able to see everything Im carrying at a glance and not have to cycle through thing to know what I have.

Overall everything feels very clostrophobic which is kinda wierd since the HUD itself doesnt actually take of that much space, I think the customization in the current build is already pretty nice when it comes to the HUD so I hope come the final game they’ll will just let me move stuff around how I please and make what I need bigger, I dont want to tape a magifying glass to my monitor just so I can see what medals I got.

Hopefully I’m not coming across as too whiny, this is just something that genuinely bothers me.

I agree. Other than the radar in the bottom left, the screen to my eyes with this HUD is completely void of info. It’s so tiny and all stuffed in the bottom corner in a translucent overlay that I can barely see it when actively trying to look for it. It requires so much effort for me to try to make out what I’m looking at, that it’s too distracting during gameplay (which is ironically the opposite of it’s currently designed purpose).

I’m also not liking not being able to cycle through different types of grenades in my inventory (there’s no “switch” button for grenades like there is for weapons). In certain situations I want to bounce a grenade around a corner or stick a player, but I don’t have control over the order selection which makes me less proficient and potentially die from an enemy because of it.

I have disabled all the extra visual features on the hud and it has helped me a little bit. Bloom, Parallax, and Chromatic Aberration all seemed make it easier to see the hud.

I still have a hard time looking aty shields and health though. I’m not even sure what to blame for that, the color maybe blending it together too much? I think if the health bar and shields were more distinguished it would help.

I mainly wish the HUD elements were all at least twice as big as they are now, excepting the medals which are good for where they are on screen.

I don’t mind the health bar living in the shield indicator, myself. I kind of like it, even.

I must be in the minority that absolutely nothing from every iteration has ever bugged me. I prefer everything the way they have it. Change is good. People just want the same game every release with just a shiny coat of polish. Halo fans are too finicky with change (never want it).

> 2533274797696615;5:
> I must be in the minority that absolutely nothing from every iteration has ever bugged me. I prefer everything the way they have it. Change is good. People just want the same game every release with just a shiny coat of polish. Halo fans are too finicky with change (never want it).

Man, generally I’d agree with you but my favorite multiplayer is Halo 5 I couldn’t care less about change, I think the problem here is just bad design choices. Change is great but not all changes are great.

I like the new HUD but I agree with those who are saying that most of the HUD elements need to be about twice as big. I found that I become more distracted from gameplay trying to look at the simple dots on the motion tracker, for instance, than I would get in other games that even have a detailed map in the HUD corner (battlefield/COD/etc).

I’ve played lots of Halo since the OG Xbox and I still play MCC a good bit. Compared to the other Halo games, I find that the HUD elements in this flight are simply so small that I have to divert focus completely in order to make out what I’m looking at. I’m not even playing at an odd resolution or anything, just my monitor’s standard 1920x1080.

> 2533274812438527;7:
> I like the new HUD but I agree with those who are saying that most of the HUD elements need to be about twice as big. I found that I become more distracted from gameplay trying to look at the simple dots on the motion tracker, for instance, than I would get in other games that even have a detailed map in the HUD corner (battlefield/COD/etc).
>
> I’ve played lots of Halo since the OG Xbox and I still play MCC a good bit. Compared to the other Halo games, I find that the HUD elements in this flight are simply so small that I have to divert focus completely in order to make out what I’m looking at. I’m not even playing at an odd resolution or anything, just my monitor’s standard 1920x1080.

iI think the Hud is very clean and tidy and fits together with the overal design. It is not as otherbaording as in other games. However i agree that some elements could be bigger or placed differntly to not divert focus. I am playing on a 55 Inch TV and sometimes the radar draws to much attention or gets completly forgotten. But that ma be itentional by desing :wink:

> 2533274797696615;5:
> I must be in the minority that absolutely nothing from every iteration has ever bugged me. I prefer everything the way they have it. Change is good. People just want the same game every release with just a shiny coat of polish. Halo fans are too finicky with change (never want it).

I like it myself it looks really clean. I have no complaints.

> 2533274797696615;5:

I like change, I like the game, but the HUD is not very user friendly. You have to look all over the screen to gain different information. Realistically I would look bottom left and get all information.

> 2535437833836293;6:
> > 2533274797696615;5:
> > I must be in the minority that absolutely nothing from every iteration has ever bugged me. I prefer everything the way they have it. Change is good. People just want the same game every release with just a shiny coat of polish. Halo fans are too finicky with change (never want it).
>
> Man, generally I’d agree with you but my favorite multiplayer is Halo 5 I couldn’t care less about change, I think the problem here is just bad design choices. Change is great but not all changes are great.

Yeah but they’ve made fantastic changes, soooooooo