Infinite Xbox One disk compatible with X series

I plan to buy Halo Infinite for Xbox One because I don’t have the new console, but in the near or distant future I plan to buy the series X. Would the disc be compatible with the new console?

> 2535457124021288;1:
> I plan to buy Halo Infinite for Xbox One because I don’t have the new console, but in the near or distant future I plan to buy the series X. Would the disc be compatible with the new console?

Yes it will. Halo Infinite is confirmed as being part of Xbox Smart Delivery programme so you should be able to insert the disk into a Series X|S and it will install fine.

As yet we don’t actually know how different the installs will be cross-gen but it isn’t like Madden or anything where it’s a separate version as we know it will be Play Anywhere

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2535457124021288;1:
> > I plan to buy Halo Infinite for Xbox One because I don’t have the new console, but in the near or distant future I plan to buy the series X. Would the disc be compatible with the new console?
>
> Yes it will. Halo Infinite is confirmed as being part of Xbox Smart Delivery programme so you should be able to insert the disk into a Series X|S and it will install fine.
>
> As yet we don’t actually know how different the installs will be cross-gen but it isn’t like Madden or anything where it’s a separate version as we know it will be Play Anywhere