Infinite will not launch on CE's 20th anniversary

There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.

> 2533274852016677;1:
> There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.

Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.

> 2533274809988140;2:
> > 2533274852016677;1:
> > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
>
> Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.

Said it where?

> 2533274852016677;3:
> > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> >
> > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
>
> Said it where?

google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.

> 2533274809988140;4:
> > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > >
> > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> >
> > Said it where?
>
> google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.

Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way

> 2533274852016677;5:
> > 2533274809988140;4:
> > > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > > >
> > > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> > >
> > > Said it where?
> >
> > google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.
>
> Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way

Although Halo does chase trends at times…i doubt they’re basing their release date off other games but im sure they’re going to pass up on the very rare opportunity that is presenting itself fall 2021 because of the competition.

> 2533274809988140;6:
> > 2533274852016677;5:
> > > 2533274809988140;4:
> > > > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > > > >
> > > > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> > > >
> > > > Said it where?
> > >
> > > google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.
> >
> > Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way
>
> Although Halo does chase trends at times…i doubt they’re basing their release date off other games but im sure they’re going to pass up on the very rare opportunity that is presenting itself fall 2021 because of the competition.

Halo 3 and Reach came out in September and did very well. They should do the same now

> 2533274852016677;7:
> > 2533274809988140;6:
> > > 2533274852016677;5:
> > > > 2533274809988140;4:
> > > > > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > > > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> > > > >
> > > > > Said it where?
> > > >
> > > > google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.
> > >
> > > Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way
> >
> > Although Halo does chase trends at times…i doubt they’re basing their release date off other games but im sure they’re going to pass up on the very rare opportunity that is presenting itself fall 2021 because of the competition.
>
> Halo 3 and Reach came out in September and did very well. They should do the same now

Wasn’t the 20th anniversary though :man_shrugging:t2:

> 2533274809988140;8:
> > 2533274852016677;7:
> > > 2533274809988140;6:
> > > > 2533274852016677;5:
> > > > > 2533274809988140;4:
> > > > > > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > > > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > > > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > > > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Said it where?
> > > > >
> > > > > google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.
> > > >
> > > > Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way
> > >
> > > Although Halo does chase trends at times…i doubt they’re basing their release date off other games but im sure they’re going to pass up on the very rare opportunity that is presenting itself fall 2021 because of the competition.
> >
> > Halo 3 and Reach came out in September and did very well. They should do the same now
>
> Wasn’t the 20th anniversary though :man_shrugging:t2:

Exactly. If I was a betting man (I’m not lol) I would wager Halo Infinite will release on the anniversary. I’ve said as much for a long time and I’m sticking with it.

> 2592250499819446;9:
> > 2533274809988140;8:
> > > 2533274852016677;7:
> > > > 2533274809988140;6:
> > > > > 2533274852016677;5:
> > > > > > 2533274809988140;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274852016677;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274852016677;1:
> > > > > > > > > There is no way this game is coming out then. Are you people forgeting that theres a small game called Call Of Duty that comes out in November? Its gonna get slaughtered, like it or not Halo isnt this big juggernaut that it once was.
> > > > > > > > > My guess is that it launches in September to avoid all the other big triple A games coming out in October/November.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Pretty sure they already said they’d prefer to run it against the other games. I doubt their going to change there release date because of COD. Speaking of COD…i’ve read nothing but great things about Cold War’s implementation of SBMM…sounds fun.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Said it where?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > google Phil Spencer interview…its one of many hes had.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yea I doubt that he wants Halo to launch the same month as cod and battlefield.No way
> > > >
> > > > Although Halo does chase trends at times…i doubt they’re basing their release date off other games but im sure they’re going to pass up on the very rare opportunity that is presenting itself fall 2021 because of the competition.
> > >
> > > Halo 3 and Reach came out in September and did very well. They should do the same now
> >
> > Wasn’t the 20th anniversary though :man_shrugging:t2:
>
> Exactly. If I was a betting man (I’m not lol) I would wager Halo Infinite will release on the anniversary. I’ve said as much for a long time and I’m sticking with it.

I tend to agree with you. Since the game is getting delayed and 343 needs a new release date, then that would be a slam dunk PR move. Release the game that is meant to reboot the franchise on the anniversary of the game that started the franchise.

I’m hoping it’s September too and yeah that makes sense about CoD. There’s no denying CoD is a show stealer every year, baffles me but it is what it is. Every game I’m playing feels like it dies for at least a little while when a new CoD drops, very annoying lol They said “fall” instead of “holiday” so I’m thinking latest October, earliest September. I feel like if it were November 15 they would’ve said holiday considering they said “holiday 2020” initially which turned out to be Nov 10 or whenever the Series launched. Might be reading too much into it.

I pretty sure it might with COD yearly release content wise they are looking at halo differently in the same vein hopefully that they look at call of duty as not as much a direct competitor even if it is in the fps market. its not gonna matter if the release date is packed or not they are hoping infinite and its hopeful massive roadmap for the year will keep players interested rather than playing COD.

Even if COD and/or Battlefield releases in November, (We don’t know about ether.) it’s the TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY OF HALO AS A FRANCHISE. (Not counting books.) People WILL be getting nostalgic around then. Microsoft would be stupid not to cash in on that.

I really can’t see Infinite not launching on CE’s 20th Anniversary tbh

The ideal plan, at least in my eyes, is that it releases on CE’s 20th anniversary bundled with a newly remastered Halo CE Anniversary, but that’s just a dream of a big Halo fan ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I think generally speaking games do tend to try to avoid releasing around other big franchises such as Call of duty.But I do think that Halo is or can be an exception to that because I don’t really see a lot of crossover in the audience that would buy COD and Halo, despite both of them being an FPS. Plus Halo, even with it being not as popular or trendy as Call of Duty still has enormous brand power and significance just based on the fact that it is Halo. Plus with multiplayer being free to play I think Infinite can maintain a healthy player base alongside Call of Duty.

Halo 20th anniversary + free 2 play multiplayer + Microsoft’s backing on marketing + one of the most anticipated games of the past few years…

… seems like a pretty good formula for success. If anything, I’d be more worried if I was a Battlefield fan. BF and CoD have a big overlap in their target audiences, so those two will be going two-to-two. And CoD almost always wins in sales against BF.

> 2533275031939856;11:
> I’m hoping it’s September too and yeah that makes sense about CoD. There’s no denying CoD is a show stealer every year, baffles me but it is what it is. Every game I’m playing feels like it dies for at least a little while when a new CoD drops, very annoying lol They said “fall” instead of “holiday” so I’m thinking latest October, earliest September. I feel like if it were November 15 they would’ve said holiday considering they said “holiday 2020” initially which turned out to be Nov 10 or whenever the Series launched. Might be reading too much into it.

This.No way its coming out November when they said Fall and not Holiday.

> 2533275010601282;17:
> Halo 20th anniversary + free 2 play multiplayer + Microsoft’s backing on marketing + one of the most anticipated games of the past few years…
>
> … seems like a pretty good formula for success. If anything, I’d be more worried if I was a Battlefield fan. BF and CoD have a big overlap in their target audiences, so those two will be going two-to-two. And CoD almost always wins in sales against BF.

Battlefield is dead.Literaly no one plays it or talks about it anymore.BF5 killed the franchise

For reference:

”Fall” or “Autumn” begins September 22nd of 2021.