Infinite vs 5 microtransactions/ Chill ppl

Not trying to defend coatings or say one’s opinion is right or wrong but it seems like too me people are forgetting about bad halo 5 microtransactions were. The coatings aren’t ideal sure but halo 5 you had to literally open random packs and hope to god that you’d get a drop that you wanted or pay for a pack and get a bunch of trash drops… In infinite it seems we’ll be able to actually unlock everything even coatings by playing and only a handful are paid for only coatings. To me this is 100x better than halo 5 especially now that we know challenges are in the game which is probably tied to progression as well… Knowing exactly what you’re working towards or yes even paying real money for in a Free to play MP is Miles better than what halo 5 had!!!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 5s req pack system wasn’t terrible but was great either. Even the simple system of daily wins took ages to actually be a thing and even emblems were locked behind reqs.
I would prefer an earned system / battle pass hybrid. But that’s just me.

For future reference anything even slightly related to micro transactions or customisation will be considered a “coatings” post without even needing to mention it. But since you have mentioned it and now that I have now just be prepared for this thread to be locked. I’d almost recommend commenting on reddit or Facebook even to have constructive valuable conversations.

> 2533274863446848;1:
> Not trying to defend coatings or say one’s opinion is right or wrong but it seems like too me people are forgetting about bad halo 5 microtransactions were. The coatings aren’t ideal sure but halo 5 you had to literally open random packs and hope to god that you’d get a drop that you wanted or pay for a pack and get a bunch of trash drops… In infinite it seems we’ll be able to actually unlock everything even coatings by playing and only a handful are paid for only coatings. To me this is 100x better than halo 5 especially now that we know challenges are in the game which is probably tied to progression as well… Knowing exactly what you’re working towards or yes even paying real money for in a Free to play MP is Miles better than what halo 5 had!!!

Entirely possible that unlocks are done through loot boxes. No, there won’t be lootboxes you can pay for with real money, but their statement regarding Infinite and lootboxes doesn’t leave out lootboxes entirely.

Please continue conversation about coatings in the existing thread. Thanks!