Infinite stayed true to its Halo 3 roots

Its literally Halo 3 but as they say, modernized and evolved. People complaining back in the multiplayer trailer, now realize that:

• Ordiance drops are just a dramatic weapon spawn
  • All those gadgets were just scattered map equipment
  • The other announcers are just an optional AI announcer specific to your choice.
  • Customization is back to its Reach design
  • Battlepass is the MCC battlepass
  • Sprint, slide and clamber are the only spartan mechanics

And probably few more. I knew they keep it like that, its easy to tell if you kept up with the forum news. I just wish they explained how rhey balanced sprint this time.

> 2535419166122192;1:
> Its literally Halo 3 but as they say, modernized and evolved. People complaining back in the multiplayer trailer, now realize that:
>
> - Ordiance drops are just a dramatic weapon spawn
> - All those gadgets were just scattered map equipment
> - The other announcers are just an optional AI announcer specific to your choice.
> - Customization is back to its Reach design
> - Battlepass is the MCC battlepass
> - Sprint, slide and clamber are the only spartan mechanics
>
> And probably few more. I knew they keep it like that, its easy to tell if you kept up with the forum news. I just wish they explained how rhey balanced sprint this time.

I’m sure we’ll get to see some more in depth news the closer we get to a beta. I think though that we should be able to use our weapons straight out of sprinting which will be fantastic! Outside of that I don’t know how else it’s functioning. Sad to see thrust gone but can’t have everything my way haha. It looks amazing, and I’m super excited!

Not necessarily, equipment is a bit more similar to Armor Abilities than H3 Equipment. H3 Equipment embedded into the sandbox in a way where they could either help or hinder the players, where as Infinite’s system more so individually empowers the player through elements like mobility, protection, or information. I think this will make the game feel a bit different from 3, but that’s ok.

But still, their direction with focusing Arena and especially BTB is refreshing. Glad they are staying true to the core of what Halo got right throughout the years. Was anxious about that “catch” that would really change things for the worse, but it never came. Ordinance worried me until I found out it was just a spawning animation.

> 2535445608274502;2:
> > 2535419166122192;1:
> > Its literally Halo 3 but as they say, modernized and evolved. People complaining back in the multiplayer trailer, now realize that:
> >
> > - Ordiance drops are just a dramatic weapon spawn
> > - All those gadgets were just scattered map equipment
> > - The other announcers are just an optional AI announcer specific to your choice.
> > - Customization is back to its Reach design
> > - Battlepass is the MCC battlepass
> > - Sprint, slide and clamber are the only spartan mechanics
> >
> > And probably few more. I knew they keep it like that, its easy to tell if you kept up with the forum news. I just wish they explained how rhey balanced sprint this time.
>
> I’m sure we’ll get to see some more in depth news the closer we get to a beta. I think though that we should be able to use our weapons straight out of sprinting which will be fantastic! Outside of that I don’t know how else it’s functioning. Sad to see thrust gone but can’t have everything my way haha. It looks amazing, and I’m super excited!

Definitely, its easy to see thst if 343i want to keep this game lasting 10 years, they want to try to simplify the game mechanics to feel more of the players creative avtions and less of the 343i’s set gameplay style in mind. I think thats why they took thrusters out. Though advanced, im sure Infinite will be just as advanced as well

> 2535419166122192;1:
> Its literally Halo 3 but as they say, modernized and evolved. People complaining back in the multiplayer trailer, now realize that:
>
> - The other announcers are just an optional AI announcer specific to your choice.
>
> And probably few more. I knew they keep it like that, its easy to tell if you kept up with the forum news. I just wish they explained how rhey balanced sprint this time.

Couldn’t have summarized it better if I tried. It’s adds another comedy element to the “RIP Halo” threads from yesterday. This game is literally what the community has been asking for, and yet, the “Halo–Yoink- Halo fans” are still not pleased. Goes to show that they care more about whining and bashing 343 than actually receiving a new product.

> 2533274847370776;3:
> Not necessarily, equipment is a bit more similar to Armor Abilities than H3 Equipment. H3 Equipment embedded into the sandbox in a way where they could either help or hinder the players, where as Infinite’s system more so individually empowers the player through elements like mobility, protection, or information. I think this will make the game feel a bit different from 3, but that’s ok.
>
> But still, their direction with focusing Arena and especially BTB is refreshing. Glad they are staying true to the core of what Halo got right throughout the years. Was anxious about that “catch” that would really change things for the worse, but it never came. Ordinance worried me until I found out it was just a spawning animation.

I get what you mean, i remember Halo 3 equipment being being drop shields, launch pad, and that shield depleter. I would believe Infinite’s versoon of equipment is to make that more creative and viable to be picked up than it was in Halo 3.

> 2535419166122192;4:
> > 2535445608274502;2:
> > > 2535419166122192;1:
> > > Its literally Halo 3 but as they say, modernized and evolved. People complaining back in the multiplayer trailer, now realize that:
> > >
> > > - Ordiance drops are just a dramatic weapon spawn
> > > - All those gadgets were just scattered map equipment
> > > - The other announcers are just an optional AI announcer specific to your choice.
> > > - Customization is back to its Reach design
> > > - Battlepass is the MCC battlepass
> > > - Sprint, slide and clamber are the only spartan mechanics
> > >
> > > And probably few more. I knew they keep it like that, its easy to tell if you kept up with the forum news. I just wish they explained how rhey balanced sprint this time.
> >
> > I’m sure we’ll get to see some more in depth news the closer we get to a beta. I think though that we should be able to use our weapons straight out of sprinting which will be fantastic! Outside of that I don’t know how else it’s functioning. Sad to see thrust gone but can’t have everything my way haha. It looks amazing, and I’m super excited!
>
> Definitely, its easy to see thst if 343i want to keep this game lasting 10 years, they want to try to simplify the game mechanics to feel more of the players creative avtions and less of the 343i’s set gameplay style in mind. I think thats why they took thrusters out. Though advanced, im sure Infinite will be just as advanced as well

Agreed. It’s going to be great and I keep bringing it up but that’s because I’m super excited to be able to fully customise my Spartan! Can’t wait to see all of the designs and skins available to us!

For the first week at least I think I’ll rock my 152 stuff!

> 2535419166122192;1:
>
>

Everyone has done a great job of bringing the feeling of Halo 3 into the future.

Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too

I wouldn’t say it’s “literally Halo 3” but it does seem to be the closest to classic gameplay that we’ve gotten from 343. As someone who prefers classic, I can appreciate them trying to make it somewhat more appealing to us. I realize there’s classic gameplay fans who won’t be happy unless it’s just a reskinned H3, but we’re not all like that. Some of us can accept a certain degree of change/progression. This seems like a lot of fun and a great way to try and reach a compromise between new and classic fans.

And so it doesn’t just seem like I’m dumping on classic fans for being stubborn, you all have to admit there are some people on these forums who fall into “fanboy” category that will get overly defensive at even the mildest form of criticism.

Sprint, Slide and Clamber literally change the entire thing and makes it nothing like Halo 3?
I loved halo 3 and grew to love Halo 5 after I found Shottzy and Shyway, learning how to master the movement.
I’m just really excited to see how the competitive scene looks moving forward.

> 2533274937869264;10:
> Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too

We dont know for certain. Those are likely not all the equipment in the game but only three revealed to us. And if anything, the equipments in Halo 3 always felt less important to grab unless you actuslly had a plan in the match. Equipment here does look to offer more creative atmosphere than the equipment in Halo 3.

> 2670661386182421;11:
> I wouldn’t say it’s “literally Halo 3” but it does seem to be the closest to classic gameplay that we’ve gotten from 343. As someone who prefers classic, I can appreciate them trying to make it somewhat more appealing to us. I realize there’s classic gameplay fans who won’t be happy unless it’s just a reskinned H3, but we’re not all like that. Some of us can accept a certain degree of change/progression. This seems like a lot of fun and a great way to try and reach a compromise between new and classic fans.
>
> And so it doesn’t just seem like I’m dumping on classic fans for being stubborn, you all have to admit there are some people on these forums who fall into “fanboy” category that will get overly defensive at even the mildest form of criticism.

I agree, some people sre overly defensive. Being annoyed at others or just flaming back at the previous games does not solve problems. Its why its best to debate with the right people.

> 2533274937869264;10:
> Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too

The drop wall can be used by the entire team

> 2533274823629657;15:
> > 2533274937869264;10:
> > Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too
>
> The drop wall can be used by the entire team

Im pretty sure it can only be used by those on a certain side of it but I could be wrong, almost certain it has nothing to do with teams. Regardless, all abilities we’ve seen so far are user oriented.

> 2533274937869264;16:
> > 2533274823629657;15:
> > > 2533274937869264;10:
> > > Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too
> >
> > The drop wall can be used by the entire team
>
> Im pretty sure it can only be used by those on a certain side of it but I could be wrong, almost certain it has nothing to do with teams. Regardless, all abilities we’ve seen so far are user oriented.

My point was that the wall can be used by everyone. You seem to be trying to say that all abilities are just for the person who is carrying the equipment. This is not true.

> 2533274823629657;17:
> > 2533274937869264;16:
> > > 2533274823629657;15:
> > > > 2533274937869264;10:
> > > > Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too
> > >
> > > The drop wall can be used by the entire team
> >
> > Im pretty sure it can only be used by those on a certain side of it but I could be wrong, almost certain it has nothing to do with teams. Regardless, all abilities we’ve seen so far are user oriented.
>
> My point was that the wall can be used by everyone. You seem to be trying to say that all abilities are just for the person who is carrying the equipment. This is not true.

No, they directly benefit the user specifically, whereas in halo 3 this was not the case. Every single equipment item in halo 3 could be used by the enemy team the same as the person who wields, the only difference is the user decided when/where/how to use it and thus had the advantage. For example: the mine in halo 3 could just as easily blow up a friendly vehicle or spartan that walks over it as the enemy team. Or the energy drain that damage friendly and enemy forces. Or the grav lift which could be used by all players regardless of team. In halo infinite, the armor ability is “attached” to the player wielding it and mostly (if not only) benefits them directly.

> 2533274937869264;18:
> > 2533274823629657;17:
> > > 2533274937869264;16:
> > > > 2533274823629657;15:
> > > > > 2533274937869264;10:
> > > > > Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too
> > > >
> > > > The drop wall can be used by the entire team
> > >
> > > Im pretty sure it can only be used by those on a certain side of it but I could be wrong, almost certain it has nothing to do with teams. Regardless, all abilities we’ve seen so far are user oriented.
> >
> > My point was that the wall can be used by everyone. You seem to be trying to say that all abilities are just for the person who is carrying the equipment. This is not true.
>
> No, they directly benefit the user specifically, whereas in halo 3 this was not the case. Every single equipment item in halo 3 could be used by the enemy team the same as the person who wields, the only difference is the user decided when/where/how to use it and thus had the advantage. For example: the mine in halo 3 could just as easily blow up a friendly vehicle or spartan that walks over it as the enemy team. Or the energy drain that damage friendly and enemy forces. Or the grav lift which could be used by all players regardless of team. In halo infinite, the armor ability is “attached” to the player wielding it and mostly (if not only) benefits them directly.

Except this is clearly not true in the case of the wall. There’s a hole to shoot through but it blocks bullets otherwise. It isn’t attached to the player. It’s as much of a “neutral” item as the supposed ones you listed above. You’re just looking for stuff to complain about.

> 2533274823629657;19:
> > 2533274937869264;18:
> > > 2533274823629657;17:
> > > > 2533274937869264;16:
> > > > > 2533274823629657;15:
> > > > > > 2533274937869264;10:
> > > > > > Not exactly. All the equipment that made it into halo 3 multiplayer was neutral, or in other words, could both harm/benefit both sides. Halo infinite has equipment that directly benefits only the person who picks it up. The drop wall allows the person who dropped it to shoot through it, the grappling hook can only be wielded by the user, the shield can only be used to deflect rounds by the user, etc. And that’s not including the core gameplay mechanics, which are nothing like halo 3 or the older halos for that matter. Overall I see this as a massive downgrade from the original trilogy but there are some fun things to look forward to too
> > > > >
> > > > > The drop wall can be used by the entire team
> > > >
> > > > Im pretty sure it can only be used by those on a certain side of it but I could be wrong, almost certain it has nothing to do with teams. Regardless, all abilities we’ve seen so far are user oriented.
> > >
> > > My point was that the wall can be used by everyone. You seem to be trying to say that all abilities are just for the person who is carrying the equipment. This is not true.
> >
> > No, they directly benefit the user specifically, whereas in halo 3 this was not the case. Every single equipment item in halo 3 could be used by the enemy team the same as the person who wields, the only difference is the user decided when/where/how to use it and thus had the advantage. For example: the mine in halo 3 could just as easily blow up a friendly vehicle or spartan that walks over it as the enemy team. Or the energy drain that damage friendly and enemy forces. Or the grav lift which could be used by all players regardless of team. In halo infinite, the armor ability is “attached” to the player wielding it and mostly (if not only) benefits them directly.
>
> Except this is clearly not true in the case of the wall. There’s a hole to shoot through but it blocks bullets otherwise. It isn’t attached to the player. It’s as much of a “neutral” item as the supposed ones you listed above. You’re just looking for stuff to complain about.

Except it is. The player being shot at cannot shoot through the wall. They have to break it first. Did I really have to spell it out for you? You’ve offered no convincing counter arguments to the THREE examples I’ve listed for EACH game while you continue clinging on to this drop wall idea (which isnt even true) as if it somehow just as balanced as halo 3. Halo infinite’s equipment is not neutral like halo 3’s, get over it.