Infinite Response Curve

I didn’t get invited to the flight but watched a bunch of streamers. For those that played it, what was the reaponse curve like? did it feel more like the classic halos or was it closer to H5?
I hoped with the retiring of smartlink that the response curve would go back to normal. H5 aiming was squishy and cushioned and made certain stick ajustments feel weird. I play with an extended analog so I am more sensitive to it I suppose.

The response curve was not linear.

More Classic/ arcade/ clunky

Hope they fix it.

Yeah, it’s not great at the moment. The more people talk about it though, the better.

It definitely isn’t another kiddy plastic Halo game this time around. More mature and tactical.

> 2533274930888284;1:
> I didn’t get invited to the flight but watched a bunch of streamers. For those that played it, what was the reaponse curve like? did it feel more like the classic halos or was it closer to H5?
> I hoped with the retiring of smartlink that the response curve would go back to normal. H5 aiming was squishy and cushioned and made certain stick ajustments feel weird. I play with an extended analog so I am more sensitive to it I suppose.

I switched my stick adjustments to Instant and it felt a lot better. The game requires far more precision outside of the BR.

The look acceleration that can’t be turned off kinda interfered with my ability to feel out the response curve.

> 2533274792591159;6:
> The look acceleration that can’t be turned off kinda interfered with my ability to feel out the response curve.

wow, I hope that changes! I want a customizable response curve but would expect at least a sensitivity slider and acceleration slider

Something else you lads might wanna take a look at concerning Infinite’s deadzones compared to Apex. Seems to be something noticeably wrong with them as well.

Overall infinite is a return to more classic gameplay with a blend of modern mechanics. It feels like an evolution of Halo 3 to me.

aiming on controller is a nightmare. As a halo veteran I was frustratingly missing shots and losing fights that I know I’d otherwise win.

I rethink reticals need to be slightly bigger (maybe 5%)
and aim assist needs to be massively adjusted for controller, it’s basically not there.

picking up the sniper in MP was the nail in the coffin for me on this issue. It’s almost unusable in MP on controller

and yes deadzones were a major issue tok

> 2533274978996934;8:
> Something else you lads might wanna take a look at concerning Infinite’s deadzones compared to Apex. Seems to be something noticeably wrong with them as well.
>
> Halo infinite's awful aiming issues. (comparison with apex legends aiming) - YouTube

This is a good visualisation of the problem. I’m actually hoping the controller aim problem is all a bug that will get fixed. Either way it needs to be brought to 343i’s attention.

> 2533274978996934;8:
> Something else you lads might wanna take a look at concerning Infinite’s deadzones compared to Apex. Seems to be something noticeably wrong with them as well.
>
> Halo infinite's awful aiming issues. (comparison with apex legends aiming) - YouTube

That’s a good bit of info. looks like HI has a deadzone slider that doesn’t start at none. instead it appears to begin from a predifined number between 10-20 and scale up from there.