Infinite - Reload Animations

Just start by saying I’m aware what we saw is a WIP.

So the Sidekick, looks like a traditional handgun. Seems to have a slide, but doesn’t look like it ejects shells while firing, and the slide remains static when reloading as well.

Previous Magnums seem to automatically chamber the first round, slide retracts when mag ejects and returns once a new mag is inserted. Is the Sidekick missing animation or was this just overlooked?

Most other weapons seem to be fine. Couldn’t make out if the Shotgun pumps when the new drum is in or not, Chief shoots too soon after the reload.
I did see another point out the Mangler seems to reload as if none of the rounds have been fired and are all visible.

I’m excited to play Infinite, just a few things that took me a while to notice and hope have been addressed before launch.

The Mangler isn’t built to eject casings after firing a shot just like a revolver since it’s a built in cylinder. The shotgun going off my thoughts and looking at it in the demo the reason Cheif shoots too soon after reload is because there is still one in the chamber if I’m correct, and it is still a pump action having to pump after each shot is fired. The sidekick wouldn’t have the slide pulled back unless the whole magazine was used, in the demo im pretty sure it had two rounds left in the magazine and one in the chamber as for the casing ejection I didn’t really notice if it did or didn’t in the demo.

> 2535447291443771;2:
> The Mangler isn’t built to eject casings after firing a shot just like a revolver since it’s a built in cylinder. The shotgun going off my thoughts and looking at it in the demo the reason Cheif shoots too soon after reload is because there is still one in the chamber if I’m correct, and it is still a pump action having to pump after each shot is fired. The sidekick wouldn’t have the slide pulled back unless the whole magazine was used, in the demo im pretty sure it had two rounds left in the magazine and one in the chamber as for the casing ejection I didn’t really notice if it did or didn’t in the demo.

Ah ok. That does make good sense, and I hadn’t thought of that.
And I might’ve misspoke about the Mangler. What I’d read about it was some large spiked projectiles in the casings that appears to still be in the gun when reloading from empty. I haven’t gone back and looked through that bit myself yet.
There’s likely been several guns in Halo that don’t behave like modern weapons and I’ve never noticed or payed any attention to them. I guess it just stuck out to me more because they do look less sci-fi than they have in the past. The only thing I have to compare them to is other games with modern guns and how they work in-game. It’s probably been over 5 years since I’ve visited a range.

> 2533274834643765;3:
> > 2535447291443771;2:
> > The Mangler isn’t built to eject casings after firing a shot just like a revolver since it’s a built in cylinder. The shotgun going off my thoughts and looking at it in the demo the reason Cheif shoots too soon after reload is because there is still one in the chamber if I’m correct, and it is still a pump action having to pump after each shot is fired. The sidekick wouldn’t have the slide pulled back unless the whole magazine was used, in the demo im pretty sure it had two rounds left in the magazine and one in the chamber as for the casing ejection I didn’t really notice if it did or didn’t in the demo.
>
> Ah ok. That does make good sense, and I hadn’t thought of that.
> And I might’ve misspoke about the Mangler. What I’d read about it was some large spiked projectiles in the casings that appears to still be in the gun when reloading from empty. I haven’t gone back and looked through that bit myself yet.
> There’s likely been several guns in Halo that don’t behave like modern weapons and I’ve never noticed or payed any attention to them. I guess it just stuck out to me more because they do look less sci-fi than they have in the past. The only thing I have to compare them to is other games with modern guns and how they work in-game. It’s probably been over 5 years since I’ve visited a range.

The spikes still left in the Mangler casings I have no clue why they are still there after empty, probably to make animations easier instead of making independent ones depending on ammo count, like you I’m just comparing the guns off of personal experience and how different ones work in games.