Infinite Predictions.

So recently we got our January Inside Infinite and I was just curious if you guys had any Theory’s/Predictions you would like to share.

Probably the vehicle that 343 said they’re excited to bring back is the chopper

I predict imminent badassery coming this Fall.

> 2533274882898126;3:
> I predict imminent badassery coming this Fall.

That is the truest thing have ever seen

> 2535415550845469;2:
> Probably the vehicle that 343 said they’re excited to bring back is the chopper

I couldn’t agree more

Maybe its wishful thinking but BotW-style “chemistry engine” and maybe some more physics based weapons (ala HL2’s gravity gun?)

> 2535409759326187;6:
> Maybe its wishful thinking but BotW-style “chemistry engine” and maybe some more physics based weapons (ala HL2’s gravity gun?)

Nice

A vehicle that shoots fire is coming. There was a part where they mentioned that a new vehicle was coming and they were using words related to fire, like “hot” and “ignite”

I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.

> 2533274947805189;9:
> I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
> BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.

Good point

> 2535452730169969;8:
> A vehicle that shoots fire is coming. There was a part where they mentioned that a new vehicle was coming and they were using words related to fire, like “hot” and “ignite”

I never thought about that

> 2533274947805189;9:
> I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
> BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.

I think they’re going to stick with the T rating, so I’m not expecting flood in Infinite (sadly).

But I’ve been thinking a lot about what things defined CE and helped make it be so great. The fact that everything turns upside down right after you get half way through the game is a huge part of it, so I hope there’s some sort of crazy twist

> 2614366390849210;12:
> > 2533274947805189;9:
> > I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
> > BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.
>
> I think they’re going to stick with the T rating, so I’m not expecting flood in Infinite (sadly).
>
> But I’ve been thinking a lot about what things defined CE and helped make it be so great. The fact that everything turns upside down right after you get half way through the game is a huge part of it, so I hope there’s some sort of crazy twist

It wouldn’t be as impactful as CE, and likely not nearly as well received, but I’m expecting the third-act-twist to be the arrival of the Created on the Halo, after Cortana finds out that’s where John is.

> 2533274810945725;13:
> > 2614366390849210;12:
> > > 2533274947805189;9:
> > > I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
> > > BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.
> >
> > I think they’re going to stick with the T rating, so I’m not expecting flood in Infinite (sadly).
> >
> > But I’ve been thinking a lot about what things defined CE and helped make it be so great. The fact that everything turns upside down right after you get half way through the game is a huge part of it, so I hope there’s some sort of crazy twist
>
> It wouldn’t be as impactful as CE, and likely not nearly as well received, but I’m expecting the third-act-twist to be the arrival of the Created on the Halo, after Cortana finds out that’s where John is.

I don’t think that’s a super huge twist though. Thr created aren’t probably very different than the prometheans, so there’s no weight there

> 2614366390849210;14:
> > 2533274810945725;13:
> > > 2614366390849210;12:
> > > > 2533274947805189;9:
> > > > I have though a while that they might do a “CE styled surprise” reintroducing the Flood halfway through the game, and having you backtrack some of the same areas but now infected. And they will do this without even mentioning that the flood will be in the game.
> > > > BUT, the removal of the shotgun may also indicate that the flood won’t be in the game, since flood and shotty almost comes hand in hand. Idk, take me with a few kilos of salt.
> > >
> > > I think they’re going to stick with the T rating, so I’m not expecting flood in Infinite (sadly).
> > >
> > > But I’ve been thinking a lot about what things defined CE and helped make it be so great. The fact that everything turns upside down right after you get half way through the game is a huge part of it, so I hope there’s some sort of crazy twist
> >
> > It wouldn’t be as impactful as CE, and likely not nearly as well received, but I’m expecting the third-act-twist to be the arrival of the Created on the Halo, after Cortana finds out that’s where John is.
>
> I don’t think that’s a super huge twist though. Thr created aren’t probably very different than the prometheans, so there’s no weight there

You’re right, its not. And the Created would mean the Prometheans returning.
I don’t hate them as an enemy as much as the rest of the community, but 343 made their bed with Halo 5, and at some point the story will have to take us back to Cortana and the Created, to deal with that conflict.
I would absolutely love for the Flood to return to Halo, but with Infinite introducing the Banished to the majority of Halo players, I think it isn’t the right time to re-introduce the Flood as well. I just don’t see 343 being able to juggle that many enemy factions and still tell a coherent and pleasing story with the games.

Personally if I had control over the story of the coming games, I’d use the OG Trilogy as a base, and treat the Banished like the Covenant, and have the Created serve a similar roll to the Flood, having them appear throughout the campaigns but not as the main enemy. Then at some point down the line, they can deal with Cortana, have the galaxy return to some semblance of normal, maybe with the Prometheans returning to the Didact’s control, emerge in the future should they need.
While all this is going on, I’d be teasing the Flood’s return, maybe have a small outbreak before Cortana is sorted out, or move in for the large scale outbreak to take the Promethean’s place in the roster of enemies.

> 2535415550845469;2:
> Probably the vehicle that 343 said they’re excited to bring back is the chopper

Hoping this is true. The chopper is an iconic brute vehicle. With the big focus on brutes it only makes sense to bring it back.