Infinite Optimism

Everyone has the right to be upset about the whole “sitchiation” regarding content at launch for Infinite. Hell, I am even bummed myself. But I know for sure that 343 is trying their very hardest in making sure they deliver a polished game on launch day. I could only imagine how difficult the decision was to postpone core features that existed in previous Halo titles on their day one’s. Things are different now, with game development and such- creatives coming and going, leadership going haywire, developmental issues; things of that nature.

But despite what’s going on, I truly do have faith in them to bestow upon us an experience that’ll foster indelible memories. See, with situations like this, I’d like to look at the bright side and I’d welcome you all to do the same. With Halo Infinite being live service now, it gives us all something to look forward to and grants us a sense of the new heights Halo as a franchise could reach.

It definitely is unacceptable that core features known to be in previous titles aren’t going to be served to us at launch. Those things shouldn’t be stuff to look forward to after the fact, because they’re expected.
If they any point have the chance to delay the game and they nab that chance, I will fully support it. But it seems the decision they made is irreversible. Despite that, I am still excited for the game. Maybe when the missing core features are finally implemented, they’ll appear bigger and better than ever before, totally enriching the experience in ways we probably wouldn’t have ever thought possible.
Forge, as a game mode could quite literally stand on its own two legs as a separate game. And, judging what I’ve seen from the [the bean spills] :smirk:
It would, without peradventure, be the most greatest, ambitious forge we’ve ever had. A delay separate from launch seems reasonable to me.

Campaign co-op is something I really, honestly do have a hard time processing why it would be absent from a modern Halo at launch. But on the other hand, this is a herculean project they’re constructing at their fingertips, and squeezing co-op into that I imagine, is a task they must evaluate with great care.

But with all that being said, this game should’ve been kept under wraps until everything was finally done. Maybe it was pressure from executives that blossomed this predicament, who knows.

I do think this is a bummer, but I believe we’re still going to be set up with something truly extraordinary.

That’s all I’ll say on the matter.

> 2535448497705415;1:
> Everyone has the right to be upset about the whole “sitchiation” regarding content at launch for Infinite. Hell, I am even bummed myself. But I know for sure that 343 is trying their very hardest in making sure they deliver a polished game on launch day. I could only imagine how difficult the decision was to postpone core features that existed in previous Halo titles on their day one’s. Things are different now, with game development and such- creatives coming and going, leadership going haywire, developmental issues; things of that nature.
>
> But despite what’s going on, I truly do have faith in them to bestow upon us an experience that’ll foster indelible memories. See, with situations like this, I’d like to look at the bright side and I’d welcome you all to do the same. With Halo Infinite being live service now, it gives us all something to look forward to and grants us a sense of the new heights Halo as a franchise could reach.
>
> It definitely is unacceptable that core features known to be in previous titles aren’t going to be served to us at launch. Those things shouldn’t be stuff to look forward to after the fact, because they’re expected.
> If they any point have the chance to delay the game and they nab that chance, I will fully support it. But it seems the decision they made is irreversible. Despite that, I am still excited for the game. Maybe when the missing core features are finally implemented, they’ll appear bigger and better than ever before, totally enriching the experience in ways we probably wouldn’t have ever thought possible.
> Forge, as a game mode could quite literally stand on its own two legs as a separate game. And, judging what I’ve seen from the [the bean spills] :smirk:
> It would, without peradventure, be the most greatest, ambitious forge we’ve ever had. A delay separate from launch seems reasonable to me.
>
> Campaign co-op is something I really, honestly do have a hard time processing why it would be absent from a modern Halo at launch. But on the other hand, this is a herculean project they’re constructing at their fingertips, and squeezing co-op into that I imagine, is a task they must evaluate with great care.
>
> But with all that being said, this game should’ve been kept under wraps until everything was finally done. Maybe it was pressure from executives that blossomed this predicament, who knows.
>
> I do think this is a bummer, but I believe we’re still going to be set up with something truly extraordinary.
>
> That’s all I’ll say on the matter.

I also have the same reactions. I am shocked that both Co-op Campaign levels and Forge will not be coming out on Halo Infinite launch.

But, at the same time, I am also very happy that they will not be coming out on Halo Infinite launch. Here is the reason why I am glad that Co-op Campaign levels and Forge will not be coming out on Halo Infinite launch.

Personally, I want Joseph Staten, Bonnie Ross and their team at 343 Industries to focus on the most important thing to do in the upcoming Halo Infinite. And that is focus on the Single Player Campaign levels and Multiplayer levels in Halo Infinite, while at the same time finished doing the animations, visual effects, graphics and gameplay in the new Halo video game. I am really hoping that they will make Halo Infinite the best quality and the best experience.

Here is another one that could be a good thing. This can give Joseph Staten, Bonnie Ross and their team at 343 Industries more time planning to release the Co-op Campaign levels and Forge in future Halo Infinite updates.

The campaign launching without co-op, as bad as that is, isn’t the end of the world as well. Remember that we’ll most likely get more campaign content, sizable story expansions that’ll come with time.

I hold true to my belief that the base campaign and base multiplayer will be awesome, and when we finally get all the features after launch, we will collectively say, “And see how our faith has been rewarded!”

At least they’re setting expectations. Imagine if they went silent on this, that’d even cause more outrage. I’d rather they be open with us, tell us “hey, these 2 features aren’t in a state we want to show to everyone yet, so we want to perfect them first and you can see them release within this timeframe” and let us enjoy the rest of the game, instead of pulling some scummy bs.

Everything about how they are handling this release feels so amateurish and awkward. It is a masterclass in how not to do marketing.

> 2533274937939153;5:
> At least they’re setting expectations. Imagine if they went silent on this, that’d even cause more outrage. I’d rather they be open with us, tell us “hey, these 2 features aren’t in a state we want to show to everyone yet, so we want to perfect them first and you can see them release within this timeframe” and let us enjoy the rest of the game, instead of pulling some scummy bs.

Exactly. I have been loving their transparency, it shows that they really want to be able to do right for the fans. That transparency man, it’s crucial.

Sure people are angry now, but in the end I feel like it’ll pay off.

> 2644524424069134;6:
> Everything about how they are handling this release feels so amateurish and awkward. It is a masterclass in how not to do marketing.

I think they’ve been handling everything very well thus far. They’ve been SUPER transparent with us, and I’m very thankful for that.

> 2535448497705415;8:
> > 2644524424069134;6:
> > Everything about how they are handling this release feels so amateurish and awkward. It is a masterclass in how not to do marketing.
>
> I think they’ve been handling everything very well thus far. They’ve been SUPER transparent with us, and I’m very thankful for that.

Well, they say they are transparent yes, but are they really?

Last year they told us they were ‘content complete’. Well, except for all kinds of major stufd including co-op and forge we now hear.

The delay was because of graphics feedback they told us. But considering the state of the tech preview (only a month old build) it seems like they needed to do a lot of work on multiplayer too.

I’m not so sure they are really transparent to be honest. They want to come across that way, but straight up lied for the pas year.

Furthermore, the fact that they haven’t got a release date yet is weird. The fact that Phil Spencer has been throwing around stuff like “we might release campaign and MP seperately.”, Is really damn weird. The launch of the marketing campaign with all the collabs on fastfood without there being a game…was really strange.

This is my point. It is so uncoordinated, amateurish and awkward. There seems to be no leadership or vision guiding a coherent messaging house or road to launch strategy.

Even the faux-jovial banter between Brian and Joseph seemed so forced and not real. They have to come across as optimistic but I feel they know this game is gonna disappoint. You hear it in their voices. These are not guys that believe in the product.

> 2644524424069134;9:
> > 2535448497705415;8:
> > > 2644524424069134;6:
> > > Everything about how they are handling this release feels so amateurish and awkward. It is a masterclass in how not to do marketing.
> >
> > I think they’ve been handling everything very well thus far. They’ve been SUPER transparent with us, and I’m very thankful for that.
>
> Well, they say they are transparent yes, but are they really?
>
> Last year they told us they were ‘content complete’. Well, except for all kinds of major stufd including co-op and forge we now hear.
>
> The delay was because of graphics feedback they told us. But considering the state of the tech preview (only a month old build) it seems like they needed to do a lot of work on multiplayer too.
>
> I’m not so sure they are really transparent to be honest. They want to come across that way, but straight up lied for the pas year.
>
> Furthermore, the fact that they haven’t got a release date yet is weird. The fact that Phil Spencer has been throwing around stuff like “we might release campaign and MP seperately.”, Is really damn weird. The launch of the marketing campaign with all the collabs on fastfood without there being a game…was really strange.
>
> This is my point. It is so uncoordinated, amateurish and awkward. There seems to be no leadership or vision guiding a coherent messaging house or road to launch strategy.
>
> Even the fauz-jovial banter between Brian and Joseph seemef so forced and not real. They have to come across as optimistic but I feel they know this game is gonna disappoint. You hear it in their voices. These are not guys that believe in the product.

There’s definitely been some bumps in the road to launch, from the campaign premiere to the beginning of the tech preview, no doubt about that.

And as for lies, for the past year? All these blog posts and mini community updates in which they expressed their progress with the game? I don’t think I recall any.

We have gamescom coming soon and that’s the event everyone’s speculating would show an official release date for Infinite.

We’ll really just have to wait and see what happens, at the end of the day.

Of course, next time, when a new Halo will be released, I’ll be fine, if the campaign is shipped 3 months after release and the forge will come after 9 months.
I’m totally fine that I pay full price for a game which will came with less content than previous games.

Why do so many of you have such so low-level standards?? I don’t get it.

When Forge will come, it will surely be like “Look, what’s there free for you guys who paid for the game - even if it should had been there since release.”

Infinite was delayed only because of graphics? Sorry, can’t take it that that the only reason.
When I hear now, that Forge will come much time later, when should it had been released when Infinite would have been released last year?
Making a big hype around that game and now doing that stuff again like in H5?? Like why? What the hell?

That’s the reason why I will rate Halo Infinite with 1 or 2 out of 5 stars in MS-Store then.

Give me a reason guys, why you are fine that a game is coming with way less content?

Edit:
And yeah it’s weird that the game - AGAIN - has less content like Forge or Co-op than Reach/Halo 3 but have microtransactions :wink:

Why would you give them any sort of leniency after H4, H5 and MCC which took way too long to get into working order?

They are completely fine in offering you microtransactions and other crap for an unfinished game that looks nothing like next gen.

They should gift the game to everyone and start asking for money when it has its basic features implemented.

> 2533274861263132;11:
> Of course, next time, when a new Halo will be released, I’ll be fine, if the campaign is shipped 3 months after release and the forge will come after 9 months.
> I’m totally fine that I pay full price for a game which will came with less content than previous games.
>
> Why do so many of you have such so low-level standards?? I don’t get it.
>
> When Forge will come, it will surely be like “Look, what’s there free for you guys who paid for the game - even if it should had been there since release.”
>
> Infinite was delayed only because of graphics? Sorry, can’t take it that that the only reason.
> When I hear now, that Forge will come much time later, when should it had been released when Infinite would have been released last year?
> Making a big hype around that game and now doing that stuff again like in H5?? Like why? What the hell?
>
> That’s the reason why I will rate Halo Infinite with 1 or 2 out of 5 stars in MS-Store then.
>
> Give me a reason guys, why you are fine that a game is coming with way less content?

I’ve already said that the game should launch with those two features, despite me being fine with forge getting delayed, co-op not so much. But thats the reality of the situation. The game from what I’ve seen so far looks great, and 343 seems to be dead set on holiday release. I’ve said already that if they have a chance to delay the entire game, they should take it. But alas, they seemingly won’t. So I’m prepared to see what they have in store for the multiplayer and campaign side of things, because they’re very focused on that.

The online experience is going to be free, and that makes this all sting a bit less to be quite frank. It sucks that those two features won’t be there from the jump but it is what it is.

The entire delay of the game wasn’t only for graphics, you’re correct.

> 2535467341363106;12:
> They would you give them any sort of leniency after H4, H5 and MCC which took way too long to get into working order?
>
> They are completely fine in offering you microtransactions and other crap for an unfinished game that looks nothing like next gen.
>
> They should gift the game to everyone and start asking for money when it has its basic features implemented.

It is content incomplete, which is why I said they should’ve kept the game under wraps and then dish out once everything was complete. But there’s a change of plans unfortunately, from the looks of it.

It’s a free live service game, well at least 50 percent of it. So of course naturally microtransactions would be there. Its not like they’re required for you to play.

The game looks good even from a tech preview standpoint, I don’t know what next-gen graphics for halo would look like, are you expecting photorealism?

> 2535448497705415;14:
> > 2535467341363106;12:
> > They would you give them any sort of leniency after H4, H5 and MCC which took way too long to get into working order?
> >
> > They are completely fine in offering you microtransactions and other crap for an unfinished game that looks nothing like next gen.
> >
> > They should gift the game to everyone and start asking for money when it has its basic features implemented.
>
> It is content incomplete, which is why I said they should’ve kept the game under wraps and then dish out once everything was complete. But there’s a change of plans unfortunately, from the looks of it.
>
> It’s a free live service game, well at least 50 percent of it. So of course naturally microtransactions would be there. Its not like they’re required for you to play.
>
> The game looks good even from a tech preview standpoint, I don’t know what next-gen graphics for halo would look like, are you expecting photorealism?

Not photorealism but something a bit more 2021 looking :wink:

> 2535467341363106;15:
> > 2535448497705415;14:
> > > 2535467341363106;12:
> > > They would you give them any sort of leniency after H4, H5 and MCC which took way too long to get into working order?
> > >
> > > They are completely fine in offering you microtransactions and other crap for an unfinished game that looks nothing like next gen.
> > >
> > > They should gift the game to everyone and start asking for money when it has its basic features implemented.
> >
> > It is content incomplete, which is why I said they should’ve kept the game under wraps and then dish out once everything was complete. But there’s a change of plans unfortunately, from the looks of it.
> >
> > It’s a free live service game, well at least 50 percent of it. So of course naturally microtransactions would be there. Its not like they’re required for you to play.
> >
> > The game looks good even from a tech preview standpoint, I don’t know what next-gen graphics for halo would look like, are you expecting photorealism?
>
> Not photorealism but something a bit more 2021 looking :wink:

So call of duty vanguard? ;))))

> 2535448497705415;16:
> > 2535467341363106;15:
> > > 2535448497705415;14:
> > > > 2535467341363106;12:
> > > > They would you give them any sort of leniency after H4, H5 and MCC which took way too long to get into working order?
> > > >
> > > > They are completely fine in offering you microtransactions and other crap for an unfinished game that looks nothing like next gen.
> > > >
> > > > They should gift the game to everyone and start asking for money when it has its basic features implemented.
> > >
> > > It is content incomplete, which is why I said they should’ve kept the game under wraps and then dish out once everything was complete. But there’s a change of plans unfortunately, from the looks of it.
> > >
> > > It’s a free live service game, well at least 50 percent of it. So of course naturally microtransactions would be there. Its not like they’re required for you to play.
> > >
> > > The game looks good even from a tech preview standpoint, I don’t know what next-gen graphics for halo would look like, are you expecting photorealism?
> >
> > Not photorealism but something a bit more 2021 looking :wink:
>
> So call of duty vanguard? ;))))

Touché :slight_smile:

> 2535448497705415;3:
> The campaign launching without co-op, as bad as that is, isn’t the end of the world as well. Remember that we’ll most likely get more campaign content, sizable story expansions that’ll come with time.

I completely agree