Infinite on PC is doomed

Why claim it is an open beta when codes are limited? We need to test the servers integrity under high demand. Limiting the testers will limit the data used to enrich our experience. Expect bugs and expect unplayable servers at launch. It’s no secret 343 has had a bad reputation with launches. It is sad comparing how 343 is handling this compared to back at halo 3 launch with bungie and seeing 2 million players on at midnight with no issues. That was over 10 years ago and we ALL had access to the beta testing with no restrictions.

Didn’t you have weeks to apply for the Beta? I applied 72 hours ago I received two codes. It wasn’t hard.

> 2533274932972724;2:
> Didn’t you have weeks to apply for the Beta? I applied 72 hours ago I received two codes. It wasn’t hard.

what was the min requirements cuz i didnt get on with a 1050ti.

It was never claimed to be an open beta, it was always pushed out under the umbrella of the Insider program, The difference with this weekend is that they opened it up for more people to join outside the Insider program, but there were still published caveats.

> We need to test the servers integrity under high demand. Limiting the testers will limit the data used to enrich our experience

Not always. There is such a thing as saturation of data. They’ve set the flights up in a way that is going to be the most beneficial to them and get them the data they need. It might not always seem that way to use because we’re on the other side and don’t see exactly what goes on behind he curtain. Fully open betas work well for some thing, not so well for others. 343 have decided that flighting was the way to go with Infinite.

> …halo 3 launch with bungie and seeing 2 million players on at midnight with no issues.

Halo 3 and Xbox Live had issues at launch.

Saying infinite is doomed because they chose flighting is a bit far fetched

> 2533274793554009;1:
> Why claim it is an open beta when codes are limited? We need to test the servers integrity under high demand. Limiting the testers will limit the data used to enrich our experience. Expect bugs and expect unplayable servers at launch. It’s no secret 343 has had a bad reputation with launches. It is sad comparing how 343 is handling this compared to back at halo 3 launch with bungie and seeing 2 million players on at midnight with no issues. That was over 10 years ago and we ALL had access to the beta testing with no restrictions.

Halo Infinite on PC is FAR from doomed, if anything, it might lose a bit of popularity for its bugs here and there… but that’s about it.

Played the last two weekends a good bit on PC. Been running well. Big team battle and regular slayer matches all have been pretty smooth. Seems promising!

Imagine saying a game will be doomed on a platform because you couldn’t play it early.

Game black screens on pc repeatedly I do not have this problem with any other game.

> 2533274932972724;2:
> Didn’t you have weeks to apply for the Beta? I applied 72 hours ago I received two codes. It wasn’t hard.

Yeah I applied months before. Got 1st code which resulted in ‘account not authorized’ when signing in to linked microsoft account at main menu.

Got friend invite code, I have no friends so I removed halo beta from my steam account properly via steam support page, then added the new product code to steam account after registering the invite link to the same microsoft account. That also failed with ‘account not authorized to play halo’.

I’d say 343 need to get their act together, if you search forums for the word ‘authorized’ you’ll see this was a huge issue 343 said they’d fix but then ignored:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/search?query=authorized&scope=Forums

this game is far from doomed has good potential some minor tweaks and i think it will do very well

> 2533274932334361;10:
> this game is far from doomed has good potential some minor tweaks and i think it will do very well

true

Played all weekend on my LAPTOP with all video settings set to High/Ultra as far up as they’d go and I had an amazing time playing the game and found no glitches that I didn’t expect from a beta test. I also had the invite to play on xbox and have played Halo games on console since day 1, tried it and have to say I prefer it so much more on the PC. Much more adaptability with controls/key bindings, much higher sensitivity and maneuverability, don’t feel cheap with the swipe sniper shot trick.

Biggest plus is being able to mark enemies with a key that’s a lot closer to reach than the d-pad, and not missing a beat the way you do on controller. Let’s me talk less, say only what’s needed, and focus more on gameplay.
I have 15 buttons within 1cm reach of 4 fingers plus thumb on jump button (space bar) for my left hand, right hand on melee, shoot, zoom, switch weapon, and aiming, on the mouse obv without having to move any fingers aside from pushing a button. Really its hard to argue playing a controller is better (you literally need aim assist)

I can’t see how PC is a downgrade to Halo, silly to make any conclusions from open beta argument. You can also upgrade and customize PC use whole lot more easily than the xbox. Infinite is not DOOMED whatsoever, fantastic game. Good to see the changes they made to step away from the hectic world of Halo 5 gameplay and I really hope they don’t give us BR starts. It really makes the game so much more interesting. Leave it to HCS but let Social be fun and fair for folks who don’t need to battle to the headshot.

The flight itself could hardly count as playable as there was plenty of fps drops and rubber banding. Too bad the fanboys just screech “its a beta it will work at launch” We criticize it because we want it to be better

@no good pride dont bother with them, console kids dont understand. You can also use any controller on pc anyway lmao, but with uncap fps better textures if they allow and being able to make mods not just gametypes and forge mode…

> 2533274859584137;13:
> The flight itself could hardly count as playable as there was plenty of fps drops and rubber banding. Too bad the fanboys just screech “its a beta it will work at launch” We criticize it because we want it to be better

What hardware are you using ? I played on Xbox and pc. had fps drop and some crashes on the first test back in July. These past two flights only played on pc . 1080p at 240hz and 1440 at 144 had no issues on any graphic setting. For me it was 100% playable.

my settings was default set to medium. after 1 game I set it to high and was fine. fps was good. rtx2060 144hz

> 2533274813317074;4:
> It was never claimed to be an open beta, it was always pushed out under the umbrella of the Insider program, The difference with this weekend is that they opened it up for more people to join outside the Insider program, but there were still published caveats.
>
>
> > We need to test the servers integrity under high demand. Limiting the testers will limit the data used to enrich our experience
>
> Not always. There is such a thing as saturation of data. They’ve set the flights up in a way that is going to be the most beneficial to them and get them the data they need. It might not always seem that way to use because we’re on the other side and don’t see exactly what goes on behind he curtain. Fully open betas work well for some thing, not so well for others. 343 have decided that flighting was the way to go with Infinite.
>
>
> > …halo 3 launch with bungie and seeing 2 million players on at midnight with no issues.
>
> Halo 3 and Xbox Live had issues at launch.
>
> Saying infinite is doomed because they chose flighting is a bit far fetched

Grill him, king

> 2535441423358012;3:
> > 2533274932972724;2:
> > Didn’t you have weeks to apply for the Beta? I applied 72 hours ago I received two codes. It wasn’t hard.
>
> what was the min requirements cuz i didnt get on with a 1050ti.

i have a ryzen 3200g and i got accepted xd

Those were different times back when Halo 3 released. Now these days, we have so many FPS, especially free to play FPS games, so it make sense that Infinite has chances of having less players.
Also, signing up for the flight has been going on since July I believe and you had over 2 months to get in.

This wasn’t open to everyone I applied weeks ago too and the only reason I got a code was because a streamer friend of mine got extra codes and gave me one to play. It was never meant to be a large scale open beta. Chances are that we will be seeing those massive load testing cases occuring closer to launch. I would expect it some time in November.